Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part IV - **Read OP for Mod Warnings**

Options

Comments

You just said you could have an underlying condition and not know it, but . . . . your as healthy as a horse????:rolleyes:

Yep as far as I know and according to the doc who did my medical last December due to a potential hereditary medical issue

Jayesdiem wrote: »
    Maybe not but you are one of a number of suggestible robots in this country who have outsourced independent thought to a petrified government. That’s far worse. I’d rather go hungry.

Sure you would.

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Cushtie

road_high wrote: »
    Brilliant. Get out and live. I hope you all have a fantastic day and don’t forget the sunblock. Actually feel a tinge of emotion reading about your son, today will do him a power of good

Thanks. Very kind words. We went and had a wonderful day. Told the small ones we were just going for a drive, well to see the excitement when we turned down the road and on to the beach. My god it did the heart good.
    Beach was busy but all small groups and plenty of space for social distancing.
    Little fella was over the moon. Didn't leave the waters edge all day. In bed sleeping now with that restful look of contententment that only a day at the sea side brings!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭ChelseaRentBoy

Simon Harris- are there any depths to which he won’t sink? Using the emotional blackmail of this ladies death to further his Own agenda and guilt trip people;
    https://twitter.com/simonharristd/status/1266737351037980672?s=21

We don’t know her medical history, we don’t know anything like that.
    I know plenty that never drank or smoked it doesn’t mean they aren’t very unhealthy

What a brave young man. Hopefully people take heed.

Simon Harris has gone way up in my estimation these last few months also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

I’m sorry but this is one of the best pieces of news I’ve heard all week: people being normal again. In terms of regrettable legacies, the permanent paranoia that will dictate new behaviours comes a distant second to the unfortunate deaths we have witnessed. However, it’ll be a daily reminder about how soft and fragile our society has become. The people falling over each other in Woodies have made a risk vs reward calculation in their heads and have correctly (in my opinion), concluded that prancing around imaginary personal boundaries and hiding behind absurd face coverings is no way to live. I would suggest to you that if the way people behaved 12 short weeks ago is a threat and insult to you now, you stay out of their way rather than expecting them to stay out of yours. Maybe you can outsource your daily errands to someone who isn’t afraid of their own shadow.

This is some pile of tripe.

The virus hasn't gone away you know. Christ almighty do you want the place to go back into full lockdown again? Sure sounds like it ffs.

Braindead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

Ah bless isn’t he great.

ChikiChiki wrote: »

The virus hasn't gone away you know. Christ almighty do you want the place to go back into full lockdown again? Sure sounds like it ffs.

Braindead.

There is no talking to these people.

It's the me generation.

Nothing else matters except the self.

Micky 32 wrote: »
    Ah bless isn’t he great.

Yes, they both are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭oyvey

Same. I thinks it's just refreshing to see politicians focusing on more important matters than just squabbling in the Dail.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Jayesdiem

ChikiChiki wrote: »

Braindead.

You are absolutely devoid of any independent or critical thought. Look at the current numbers and do some senior infants maths to work out your level of exposure (if you are capable of that). Look at the numbers of countries that didn’t lock down. For you info, they were Sweden and Belarus. I’ll leave you to find them on a map for yourself.

• Advertisement

You are absolutely devoid of any independent or critical thought. Look at the current numbers and do some senior infants maths to work out your level of exposure (if you are capable of that). Look at the numbers of countries that didn’t lock down. For you info, they were Sweden and Belarus. I’ll leave you to find them on a map for yourself.

Sure when they realise there won’t be a second wave they’ll start flocking back to the climate change shyte threads to try and rekindle the alarmist doom posting there.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭prunudo

Micky 32 wrote: »
    Sure when they realise there won’t be a second wave they’ll start flocking back to the climate change shyte threads to try and rekindle the alarmist doom posting there.

Giving out about all the single use plastic gloves and aprons.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,548 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Wait do you people still think Sweden are a success :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,407 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Cushtie wrote: »
    Thanks. Very kind words. We went and had a wonderful day. Told the small ones we were just going for a drive, well to see the excitement when we turned down the road and on to the beach. My god it did the heart good.
    Beach was busy but all small groups and plenty of space for social distancing.
    Little fella was over the moon. Didn't leave the waters edge all day. In bed sleeping now with that restful look of contententment that only a day at the sea side brings!

Ah delighted to hear it!! So great to see families living their lives again. Hopefully we get a good summer and plenty more nice days like this

pjohnson wrote: »

Compare them to us in a year’s time and you’ll get your answer.

prunudo wrote: »
    Giving out about all the single use plastic gloves and aprons.

Not a word about the environment from the sky-fall brigade these days? Not bothered about the vast amounts of waste this has generated from hugely increased food packaging to take away containers to used ppe. I see plastic gloves thrown allover the streets in Kilkenny. Amazing

• Registered Users Posts: 23,548 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Why am I not suprised those against lockdown are against climate change/science aswell.

So predictable. The perma outraged edgelords :pac:

Why am I not suprised those against lockdown are against climate change/science aswell.

I rest my case lol

Well I prefer them to the work-shy stay-at-homes too thick to generate a single independent thought for themselves.

No one actually said that- just pointing out the obvious hypocrisy of the “worlds about to end” mobs who are now fixated on Covid and now dont give two ****es about the environmental effects of all the extra ppe waste and packaging this has created

• Advertisement

Its amusing how "independent thought" has evolved to basically mean either conspiracy theory with 0 proof or straight up uneducated drivel. Yet its independent so must be good.

Who mentioned conspiracy theories? It’s that all you’ve got?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,654 ✭✭✭Charles Babbage

Cushtie wrote: »
    What a beautiful day! I dont think there are enough Gardai in the county to man the checkpoints to stop people making a break for it today and over the weekend. And rightly so.

Enough is enough. Time to get the Country opened back up faster.

I'm taking my family to the sea side today. Its about 30 min drive away and if I get stopped so be it. We had chicken pox in the house before this. So the kids have not been outside the house since mid Feb.
    I have a son with special needs who so misses his special school and routine. I can see a huge change in him over the last few weeks.

We did our bit., now it's time for the boys in Dublin to wake up and open up.

What a good example to your children.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,845 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

The predictability is the throwing of toys from those who can't handle differing views or people looking at the situation for themselves and making sensible decisions for their own mental and physical health and that of their family.

We've raised a generation of people who have absolutely no skillset to deal with opposition and worse who can't even understand that not everyone thinks as they do. I predicted that the end of lockdown would cause such extreme reactions weeks ago.

People are getting back to living. Those who are at risk will continue to be protected. It's what people and the country as a whole need.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,359 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

Not a word about the environment from the sky-fall brigade these days? Not bothered about the vast amounts of waste this has generated from hugely increased food packaging to take away containers to used ppe. I see plastic gloves thrown allover the streets in Kilkenny. Amazing

You think environmentalists are throwing used PPE in the streets?

I suspect there is a large crossover with those that couldn't give a toss about chucking rubbish on the street and those that put their own social life ahead of the common effort to protect the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,379 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

Undoubtedly. Fairing much better than Ireland. Remember this is lethal to over 65s, of which Sweden have 2m citizen's in the vulnerable age group

• Registered Users Posts: 7,571 ✭✭✭Penfailed

niallo27 wrote: »
    Nobody gives a **** anymore man, you can leave your house again.

It was never the case that you couldn't leave your house.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,571 ✭✭✭Penfailed

It spread like wildfire through meat plant's and not one death

There was one death in a meat plant in Ireland.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,064 ✭✭✭funnydoggy

Anyone spend a night at their partner's house yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

funnydoggy wrote: »
    Anyone spend a night at their partner's house yet?

Yes. A few times in the last 2 weeks. Couldn’t wait until June 8th

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭mjsc1970

Say the guards stop you outside your 5km, and they don't take your excuse of it being an essential journey, is there a fine?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement