Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part IV - **Read OP for Mod Warnings**

1191192193194195197»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,470 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

Penfailed wrote: »
    You can have an excellent health service with fewer ICU beds, y'know.

Ok thanks for that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,646 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Ok thanks for that

You're very welcome.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Pixies, Ride, Therapy?, Public Service Broadcasting, IDLES(x2), And So I Watch You From Afar

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭robbiezero

Oh good lord, such fantastic investigative journalism.

Pulitzer prize nominations for that fine piece

Cringeworthy stuff. Was like he was undercover in a Mexican drug cartel. Apes.

robbiezero wrote: »
    Cringeworthy stuff. Was like he was undercover in a Mexican drug cartel. Apes.

I could see things were about to kick off, so I got out of there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,358 ✭✭✭✭Ha Long Bay

Well that boloxoligy of a picture shut me right up.

That answer proves a point anyway

All I did was try to highlight the statement you made about the death rate was incorrect.

You could have acknowledged the statement was incorrect and moved on but instead you decided to reply with a changed narrative which is disingenuous and contradicts your original statement which I had simply pointed out was incorrect.

This is a public forum where people just see a post like your original post and take it as fact, next thing its repeated that Ireland and Sweden has a "similar death rate" and then re-quote it as fact.

Another thing as I haven't posted much in this thread, I have not met or known a single person who has enjoyed or wanted the country to be shut down but the majority of people thankfully understood the reasons why it was required at the time.

This could have been a useful thread to discuss the re-opening plan but turned into a bit of a mess where people either wanted to wind other people up or look for some approval of going against public health advice.

john4321 wrote: »
    All I did was try to highlight the statement you made about the death rate was incorrect.

You could have acknowledged the statement was incorrect and moved on but instead you decided to reply with a changed narrative which is disingenuous and contradicts your original statement which I had simply pointed out was incorrect.

This is a public forum where people just see a post like your original post and take it as fact, next thing its repeated that Ireland and Sweden has a "similar death rate" and then re-quote it as fact.

Another thing as I haven't posted much in this thread, I have not met or known a single person who has enjoyed or wanted the country to be shut down but the majority of people thankfully understood the reasons why it was required at the time.

This could have been a useful thread to discuss the re-opening plan but turned into a bit of a mess where people either wanted to wind other people up or look for some approval of going against public health advice.

You posted a meme in response to figures that you didn't agree with.

Think about that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,358 ✭✭✭✭Ha Long Bay

You posted a meme in response to figures that you didn't agree with.

Think about that.

I didn't post a meme I posted a pic of 4 guys moving goalposts to illustrate what you did in your reply to my original post in some way to justify your original statement was correct.

Any thoughts on the rest of my last post or will we just leave it there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭mountgomery burns

If you asked a public health advisor honestly which of these things is more important in "gastro pubs": time limits, distance between tables, table service only, sanitizing facilities, limit on capacity or people having a meal with their food that cost 9 euro which do you think they would say is of least concern?

And yet what has all the debate surrounded, , and now had an undercover investigation from a current affairs show? It really is laughable.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,653 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

And so we finally get to Phase V

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement