Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part IV - **Read OP for Mod Warnings**

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

There was a hairdresser on Brendan O’Connor on Saturday talking about it.

I didn`t hear the interview. Can you give the gist of what he/she said?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭Harpon

These damn Neil Fergusons

"Dr Gabriel Scally has responded to that suggestion, saying: “I’m happy to debate public health with Michael O’Leary any time.

“Personally speaking, and a lot of people will feel the same, I’d rather he got on with refunding all the people all the money he owes them from the flights that he’s cancelled
    . And get on with running the airline, and leave public health to the public health authorities. Which are the departments of health.”

Speaking earlier, Dr Scally said speeding up the country's re-opening carries risks."

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/ireland/scally-ryanair-boss-should-leave-public-health-to-the-authorities-1002687.html

What a pompous pric* referring to MOL as if MOL cancelled Ryanair flights as his own decision.

"debate public health" what a load of shi*e. Whats there to debate our new cases are in double digits for 3rd week in a row now. And now this lad (with no international experience, Dr Scally here has never worked outside of UK/Ireland in his entire life) is preaching doom and risks of countries re opening. Why have none of these risks materialised in Germany, Denmark, Norway, Czech Republic, Austria, Netherlands, Switzerland??

I love how Scally sticks his oar into the airline industry despite having zero experience in running an airline, gives them unwanted advice on how to run their business, and then goes on to criticise MOL for getting involved in a public health issue. What a tool.

Michael O’Leary doesn’t want a debate on the matter, he simply asked a very reasonable question regarding quarantine, the fact that Scally couldn’t give an answer speaks volumes.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Love how people quickly forgot govt needs to borrow to fund dept of social protection payments to keep going 1 July onwards. Run out of money end of June.

Yeah, we are not poor, we ll just borrow our way out of trouble. Facepalm

No one has forgotten this. Everyone knows the government is borrowing heavily to keep the show on the road.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Harpon wrote: »
    I love how Scally sticks his oar into the airline industry despite having zero experience in running an airline, gives them unwanted advice on how to run their business, and then goes on to criticise MOL for getting involved in a public health issue. What a tool.

Michael O’Leary doesn’t want a debate on the matter, he simply asked a very reasonable question regarding quarantine, the fact that Scally couldn’t give an answer speaks volumes.

Kinda like people on here sticking their oar in when public health experts say caution is needed, despite having zero experience in the field of public health.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,266 ✭✭✭CruelSummer

We are very , very, very far from poor believe me. Have you ever visited a third world country or an EDC? I thought you had spent most of your time giving out about the damage we are doing to our SME;s etc and as soon as its suggested we should stay at home and give back this year you have a fit. What is it? Open up pubs open up hairdressers but as soon as I can get my arse on a Ryanair flight I'm off??????:P

You seem to have a bee in your bonnet re people wanting to holiday abroad. Once this crisis passes, holidaying abroad is great for broadening ones horizons. Many on our Emerald Isle could do with this badly judging by some posts on here.

And for posters using the ‘call to support Ireland’ approach to asking people to holiday here, you go first. Pay €2000 for 10 days in mixed weather with nowhere to go in Ireland and enjoy. I support many Irish businesses regularly but its not a requirement to live here that we just let ourselves be ripped off because ‘we should support local’.
    The tribalism coming out during this crisis is eye opening...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 917 ✭✭✭MickeyLeari

Arghus wrote: »
    Well, we've still had more confirmed cases per capita than Italy, The UK and Belgium. All of which have also been left off the list of countries allowed to travel to Greece too. So I can understand why the Greeks thought let's not chance with the Irish either.

Well we have less deaths per capita than all three and would have been less if the nursing homes had due care. (A massive failing for the Dept of Health and the CMO)

Confirmed cases is not necessarily comparable as that comes down to the level of testing.

You seem to have a bee in your bonnet re people wanting to holiday abroad. Once this crisis passes, holidaying abroad is great for broadening ones horizons. Many on our Emerald Isle could do with this badly judging by some posts on here.

And for posters using the ‘call to support Ireland’ approach to asking people to holiday here, you go first. Pay €2000 for 10 days in mixed weather with nowhere to go in Ireland and enjoy. I support many Irish businesses regularly but its not a requirement to live here that we just let ourselves be ripped off because ‘we should support local’.

A rain jacket and you're sorted.
    Plenty of things to see and do in Ireland over the summer.

If you think there is "nothing to do", well you're not looking hard enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 917 ✭✭✭MickeyLeari

I didn`t hear the interview. Can you give the gist of what he/she said?

Basically underground hairdressing is very prevalent. Hairdressers go to people’s homes and somethings do a few people at a time.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭bettyoleary

vid36 wrote: »
    Lots of European countries are currently operating restricted borders. even if I wanted to , I could not travel to Krakow, Vienna, Dubrovnik, Paris , Athens and many other places today.I could go to the Baltic states but would have to spend 14 days in quarantine there, because Irish case levels are still regarded as too high.
    You could pay for a flight to go there with Ryanair though and give your money back to Ginger and Lemmon for his flight to Greece that is cancelled as we are too poor to let him in:D

Kinda like people on here sticking their oar in when public health experts say caution is needed, despite having zero experience in the field of public health.

Gas as well how the cervical screening scandal is mentioned fairly frequently as a checkmate about the HSE, but then when the guy who wrote the report that criticised the handling of that by the HSE/DoH comes out in the media and broadly agrees with the approach of the health authorities in relation to covid-19 - then suddenly he becomes a fool in the eyes of many on here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭Ginger n Lemon

I laughed hard. We bloody live here, dont you think that majority of people living in Ireland have already seen everything here?

Rain jacket? Your idea of a holiday is far away from mine.

Well we have less deaths per capita than all three and would have been less if the nursing homes had due care. (A massive failing for the Dept of Health and the CMO)

Confirmed cases is not necessarily comparable as that comes down to the level of testing.

I don't think the Greeks thought about it too deeply. They just saw a lot of cases, a lot of deaths and that we're right beside The UK.

Did you buy shares at 11 euro yesterday?

You could pay for a flight to go there with Ryanair though and give your money back to Ginger and Lemmon for his flight to Greece that is cancelled as we are too poor to let him in:D

Im actually flying to Germany in July and Spain in August.

Reading your posts id suggest you go abroad too to actually see what a rich country looks like.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,407 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Where are all these barbers and hairdressers who are flat out visiting people?

Visited one the other day. And they are flat out. And it was fantastic thanks, really super service and much appreciated. Hope they are cleaning up with nixers and claiming the Covid payment- the government created this farcical rubbish so I couldn’t really two fcuks about doopy Donohoe and the mess he’s helped walk the country’s finances into.
    People like you are in la la land- the works is going on around you, people are living lives again despite the nonsensical stuff. Only a small matter of time until it’s officially brushed aside. You’ll have to find new juices to stew in I guess

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭Harpon

These the same experts who said taking temperature checks at airports was pointless?

These the same experts who said there was no need to quarantine or stop people coming from Italy when their country was being overwhelmed by covid19 infections?

These the same experts who said you were at no risk if you were in contact with a covid19 infected person for less than 15 minutes?

These the same experts who never thought of protecting the most vulnerable from the disease?

I could go on and on. But you are right, we should all bow to their superiority and never question them.

Im actually flying to Berlin in July and Barcelona in August.

Reading your posts id suggest you go abroad too to actually see what a rich country looks like.

And you've never been to Berlin or Barcelona before?

You poor cratur.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,460 ✭✭✭FishOnABike

What is wrong with a flight credit in the interim as they’ve so many claims to process? Or are you of the thinking they’re better off going bust, more people unemployed, less access to Ireland via air travel, etc. Sure it will be grand, we can all sit in the sun on our never ending €350 per week.

If they can process voucher / flight credit now surely they could process a refund. Issuing a voucher / flight credit only to convert it to cash at a later date. Surely that only increases the processing overhead.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,266 ✭✭✭CruelSummer

I do the rain jacket approach year round!

Did you buy shares at 11 euro yesterday?
    I think its more like he couldn't be bothered. Even a 5yr old at this stage could tell you why quarantine works. The man is a money grabbing scum bag.He couldn't care less about transporting the virus. And before you argue it just kills old people etc , etc etc. It still shut our economy down and has made many people unemployed. And if it continues to spread it will do so again, no question. MOL dosent care hes a billionare simple as that.

• Advertisement

These the same experts who said taking temperature checks at airports was pointless?

These the same experts who said there was no need to quarantine or stop people coming from Italy when their country was being overwhelmed by covid19 infections?

These the same experts who said you were at no risk if you were in contact with a covid19 infected person for less than 15 minutes?

These the same experts who never thought of protecting the most vulnerable from the disease?

I could go on and on. But you are right, we should all bow to their superiority and never question them.

Great post.

But but we have smartest public health experts in the world! Except for we dont. We have Gerry Killeens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 904 ✭✭✭Blaze420

Yeah cos people go on holidays to wear a ****ing rain jacket? :confused: Ireland is **** for holidays, **** weather, overpriced robbery for hotel prices and basically nothing to offer anybody except from the yanks who want to see real Irish grass and rain. I don’t know about you but I prefer my holidays in 30c+ climates with a pool useable for the duration and an all inclusive band to top it off. The only people who espouse Ireland as a serious choice are those too terrified to get on a ****in plane and book something for half the price of 5 days here.

Well i m 22. But I guess you dont think too much b4 posting.

That explains a few things right enough. You have a lot of growing up to do.

I think its more like he couldn't be bothered. Even a 5yr old at this stage could tell you why quarantine works. The man is a money grabbing scum bag.He couldn't care less about transporting the virus. And before you argue it just kills old people etc , etc etc. It still shut our economy down and has made many people unemployed. And if it continues to spread it will do so again, no question. MOL dosent care hes a billionare simple as that.

Sigh, for the 20th time there is no quarantine requirement. The only requirement is to fill out a form...

Covid didnt shut down our economy, Leo and co did. Now they r opening it up quickly as they have no money and EU gives them only 1.91 bn.

This will be very evident over the next 5 days.

Great post.

But but we have smartest public health experts in the world! Except for we dont. We have Gerry Killeens.

I didn't realise that Gerry Kileen was advising the government.

That explains a few things right enough. You have a lot of growing up to do.

Have a lot of taxes to pay too.

Thank you for that.

road_high wrote: »
    Visited one the other day. And they are flat out. And it was fantastic thanks, really super service and much appreciated. Hope they are cleaning up with nixers and claiming the Covid payment- the government created this farcical rubbish so I couldn’t really two fcuks about doopy Donohoe and the mess he’s helped walk the country’s finances into.
    People like you are in la la land- the works is going on around you, people are living lives again despite the nonsensical stuff. Only a small matter of time until it’s officially brushed aside. You’ll have to find new juices to stew in I guess

Frankly bud I couldn`t give a flying **** if he used a cutthroat razor on you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭Sammy2012

Ok just an idea. Im not saying never go abroad again but for this year we could stay at home and the tourist industry should adjust prices accordingly. Just to give our economy a boost.

I am staying at home but I more than likely wont be spending money on hotels in Ireland this summer. I will bring my kids on days out once school is finished and things open up again but will stay and support businesses in my locality.

Have a lot of taxes to pay too.

Thank you for that.

I have paid plenty of taxes in my time too much of which went to help pay for educating your generation. So I will take your thanks.

• Advertisement

If you read my post, I just suggested that we should holiday at home for the time being and I also suggested that the tourist industry should adjust their prices accordingly to attract the tourists. This is because I think it will be difficult to go abroad this year and I don't want people to loose their money to MOL. I have no problem with people going abroad. I agree totally that the prices are too high and I think there is a way they can bring them down and still profit and now is the time.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement