Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part IV - **Read OP for Mod Warnings**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

vid36 wrote: »
    There is no chance of skipping phases with these number.

Is keeping 1.1 million people out of work a proportionate reaction to having 77 new cases, in your opinion?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Jayesdiem wrote: »
    Your motivations are your motivations but they sure are mathematically odd. Do you behave like this in flu season? If not, why not? If you do, why don’t the rest of society? Do you keep up these coronavirus shenanigans forever? Do you typically respond to minuscule risks in this way? Do you agree that quarantining should focus on shielding the sick, not the healthy? Are you one of those waiting for the elusive vaccine? If not, what rate of infection will motivate you to crawl out of your hole? Are you satisfied with wearing ludicrous face coverings and standing 7 ft away from people for the rest of your life? Do you think the clothes stores which are planning on quarantining tried on garments -yes you read that correctly- for three days are acting rationally? Please give me an insight into the risk averse brain of someone who is happy to run away from this thing indefinitely. You could help a bitter man get over his despondency of this Orwellian era.

How I behave during flu season isn't relevant because Covid is more deadly, spreads quicker and with greater ease and has no effective available treatments. We're talking about two different levels of threat: they aren't the same thing.

No, I don't want to keep up the coronavirus shenigans Forever...

Why do you feel the need to exaggerate so much? Just deal with what I actually say, you seem so hyped up to jump to so many unjustified conclusions over what I supposedly would or wouldn't like to see happen.

Why not just debate the points I'm actually making rather than going on and on forever about things I'm not saying?

For instance: I've never said we should continue on this course until we find a vaccine. Sure, we may never find a vaccine.

What rate of infection will motivate me to crawl out of "my hole." I was in work today btw, I don't know if that counts as crawling out of my hole.

To be honest, I don't even know if you're really asking me a question there or just engaging in some rhetorical bile for the sake of it. But, what would I like to see before we further ease restrictions? No cases of unexplained community transmission would be a good place to start.

I don't think we'll have to stay away from people FOREVER or UNTIL THE END OF TIME.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

Hate what the country has become? You must be new. Ireland has been oppressing women for years. Anyway, what's this got to do with coronavirus? Is the virus a devout Catholic that attacks bare female flesh on sight?

What an idiotic response?!? What is wrong with you Karen?In the current corona crisis when it’s prudent to expose as little flesh as possible when mixing in public, can you not see that an elected representative should
    A. Have at least tried to deal with her issue in store before she left
    B. Try to give a good example by throwing on a pair of pants and a t shirt?

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭greensheep777

TL;DR

There's an ignore button, petal. Learn how to use it. You have yourself all flustered. Enjoy your first recession as a working adult.

splinter65 wrote: »
    What an idiotic response?!? What is wrong with you Karen?In the current corona crisis when it’s prudent to expose as little flesh as possible when mixing in public, can you not see that an elected representative should

Are you equally outraged by male flesh, or will the virus not go for you if you're one of the lads? Have you a source that says that we should all dress like nuns to avoid the virus? Doesn't seem to have done Iran much good?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,572 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Blaze420 wrote: »
    No we’ll all stay locked up at home until Tony “we’re not there yet” Holohan gives us the all clear? **** that

Even though we're not locked up at home...?

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

She was wearing a swimsuit as a top, which would cover the same amount of skin as a tank top. She also said nothing about not wearing pants.

I’m a bit confused as to what the problem is with an outfit like that when it’s 24 degrees today? Wearing pants would be very uncomfortable in this heat.

ceadaoin. wrote: »
    Its totally weird to wear swimwear out and about as clothes and its generally frowned up in actual hot places with pools and beaches. But what does it have to do with coronavirus?

The less exposed flesh when out and about mixing with the public during the crisis I’d have thought, maybe it’s just me.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭vid36

SusieBlue wrote: »
    Is keeping 1.1 million people out of work a proportionate reaction to having 77 new cases, in your opinion?

77 is really 800 cases and I don't supporting opening bars and restaurants with that level of cases. As Dr Fauci says, for each phase of reopening, you should have two weeks of decline in numbers of new cases.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,428 ✭✭✭ZX7R

The less exposed flesh when out and about mixing with the public during the crisis I’d have thought, maybe it’s just me.

Sure Leo was topless Last week
    What difference does it make

• Advertisement

She was wearing a swimsuit as a top, which would cover the same amount of skin as a tank top. She also said nothing about not wearing pants.

I’m a bit confused as to what the problem is with an outfit like that when it’s 24 degrees today? Wearing pants would be very uncomfortable in this heat.

If your just popping to lidl to get bread in the corona pandemic when it’s appropriate to have as little human flesh exposed as possible then I think it’s not too much to ask that people could throw on a T-shirt and shorts.
    Unless of course you’re looking for notice.
    Any chance she could have sorted it in store? No need to get someone sacked too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

77 is really 800 cases and I don't supporting opening bars and restaurants with that level of cases. As Dr Fauci says, for each phase of reopening, you should have two weeks of decline in numbers of new cases.

How is 77 really 800 cases?

No it isn’t really 800 cases, it’s 77. Some counties have had no new cases for over two weeks now.
    A lot more then 77 people are currently suffering under the current restrictions. Keeping 1.1 million people out of work is unacceptable and I see nothing that justifies it.
    One group shouldn’t be sacrificed for the other.

The restrictions are undoubtedly harming and will harm more people than coronavirus is.

The virus is going nowhere, we’ve sacrificed enough now and it’s time to let people get back to some bit of normality. Dragging this on to August is absolute insanity.

ZX7R wrote: »

Not in Lidl, packed with shoppers.

Yes, sources please? The temperature in Wuhan was a maximum of 13'C in January, I'm sure they were all dressed according to your easily offended sensibilities.

Again - a source, please? Care to explain why Iran is so badly hit if your scientific pontifications are correct?

Yes, sources please? The temperature in Wuhan was a maximum of 13'C in January, I'm sure they were all dressed according to your easily offended sensibilities.

Again - a source, please? Care to explain why Iran is so badly hit if your scientific pontifications are correct?
    Ok Karen. Get a glass of Chardonnay there for yourself. Costa Coffee be open again soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,407 ✭✭✭✭road_high

4th week in a row new cases in double digits.

Yesterday 2 deaths, today 1 death. This time last week 0 deaths.

Are we seriously trying to eradicate the damn thing? If not, if we arent listening to Gerry Killeen, can we get them phase 3 and 4 to begin 8th of June?

This feels like some sort of a horrible nightmare.

It’s like living a slow car crash...on loop. One you know that you could avoid and will cost you a small fortune.
    Never lived through such an over the top reactionary period of time. Problem is people have it so good these days that perennial health and safety concerns now trump all greater goods whereas before people had to be pragmatic and lived with risks.

If your just popping to lidl to get bread in the corona pandemic when it’s appropriate to have as little human flesh exposed as possible then I think it’s not too much to ask that people could throw on a T-shirt and shorts.
    Unless of course you’re looking for notice.
    Any chance she could have sorted it in store? No need to get someone sacked too.

Literally no public health advice has ever recommended covering up and not exposing flesh so I have no idea where you’re getting that from, it was never in the guidelines.

Implying she’s attention seeking for wearing a top and (presumably) shorts on arguably the hottest day of the year so far is crazy talk.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭vid36

Every antibody study has shown, the best testing regimes only pick up 10% of cases.

ZX7R wrote: »

Is it any wonder the laundries were open so long when people react so viscerally to a woman exposing a bit of bare skin in 24'C weather.

• Advertisement

Ok Karen. Get a glass of Chardonnay there for yourself. Costa Coffee be open again soon.

The restaurants have already been open here in Germany for weeks. Pubs are back tomorrow. Try to keep up.
    No need to keep calling me Karen either, we already know you don't like women.

Literally no public health advice has ever recommended covering up and not exposing flesh so I have no idea where you’re getting that from, it was never in the guidelines.

Implying she’s attention seeking for wearing a top and (presumably) shorts on arguably the hottest day of the year so far is crazy talk.

No shorts, a sarong tied at the waist.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,428 ✭✭✭ZX7R

Not in Lidl, packed with shoppers.

The lidl should not have been packed.
    If the lidl was packed then the store manager is at fault for not enforcing social distancing.
    Doesn't matter what she was wearing

• Registered Users Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

I have no idea who she is , top or no top

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Jayesdiem

Arghus wrote: »
    How I behave during flu season isn't relevant because Covid is more deadly, spreads quicker and with greater ease and has no effective available treatments. We're talking about two different levels of threat: they aren't the same thing.

No, I don't want to keep up the coronavirus shenigans Forever...

Why do you feel the need to exaggerate so much? Just deal with what I actually say, you seem so hyped up to jump to so many unjustified conclusions over what I supposedly would or wouldn't like to see happen.

Why not just debate the points I'm actually making rather than going on and on forever about things I'm not saying?

For instance: I've never said we should continue on this course until we find a vaccine. Sure, we may never find a vaccine.

What rate of infection will motivate me to crawl out of "my hole." I was in work today btw, I don't know if that counts as crawling out of my hole.

To be honest, I don't even know if you're really asking me a question there or just engaging in some rhetorical bile for the sake of it. But, what would I like to see before we further ease restrictions? No cases of unexplained community transmission would be a good place to start.

I don't think we'll have to stay away from people FOREVER or UNTIL THE END OF TIME.

Everything you say about the virus is true. The only bit you left out was the absolutely tiny chances of getting it and the even tinnier chances of dying from it, for both you and anyone you might pass it on to. That makes the behaviour of you and a surprisingly large number of people utterly irrational, particularly given our capacity to shield the vulnerable. Instead, we’ve all had to do that as the country slits it’s own wrists. Before this fabricated crisis I always thought of myself as an agoraphobic hypochondriac. Relative to the general population, I am neither of those things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 917 ✭✭✭MickeyLeari

Sensible advice from the CMO. Maybe they are now realising that allowing business to open up quicker with social distancing and extending the 5km limit may reduce risk compared to free for all Covid parties in houses.

"We have now had more than 25,000 cases of Covid-19 in Ireland and while 90% of patients have recovered, more than 3,285 people have been hospitalised and sadly 1,650 have died," Chief Medical Officer Dr Tony Holohan said.

He added: "Covid-19 is a new disease, for which we have no vaccine and we have no cure. As restrictions ease and we begin to resume social and economic life, we must do all we can to prevent a second wave.

"It is vital that we continue to practice hand and cough hygiene and social distancing, with the additional hygiene measure of face coverings in appropriate settings.

"It is important to give space to our vulnerable people when out and about.

"We must continue to do all we can to interrupt the spread of this virus."

• Registered Users Posts: 8,216 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Why though? Unless she will be walking through clouds of virus and then licking her virus covered skin afterwards where is the extra risk? Its hot where I live, temps in the high 30s. I go to the shop with plenty of exposed flesh and so do most other people. Its fine.

Is it any wonder the laundries were open so long when people react so viscerally to a woman exposing a bit of bare skin in 24'C weather.

Ok Karen.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,976 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Jayesdiem wrote: »
    Typically I can’t stand this type of behaviour but given the circumstances I say more power to these louts for trying to retain some normality and may they continue to brighten up this dark summer.

As I live close to the area, how would you like it if people with using your garden as toilets and thrashing the place/green space with litter. There's a lot of elderly people in that area too who as we know are more susceptible to the virus.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Jayesdiem

No it isn’t really 800 cases, it’s 77. Some counties have had no new cases for over two weeks now.
    A lot more then 77 people are currently suffering under the current restrictions. Keeping 1.1 million people out of work is unacceptable and I see nothing that justifies it.
    One group shouldn’t be sacrificed for the other.

The restrictions are undoubtedly harming and will harm more people than coronavirus is.

The virus is going nowhere, we’ve sacrificed enough now and it’s time to let people get back to some bit of normality. Dragging this on to August is absolute insanity.

Indeed. It’s like one kid calling into school sick so the whole class disbands for the rest of the year.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement