Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part IV - **Read OP for Mod Warnings**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭GooglePlus

And yet many do - all the time in fact and we don't shut down society because of it.
    Should we stop driving cars because people die in road accidents or stop building houses because people die on building sites?

If you think the overreaction to the virus has been proportionate to the dangers posed, you're the one who needs to get their head out of their arse

Mind numbing...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭Ginger n Lemon

I am back. Briefly albeit - I've read the entire article, where does it say that the person was a healthy 59 year old individual with no underlying conditions?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭Hannibal36

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    become one of us, its the easiest money ive ever 'earned'!

It's a bit hard to just leap into the corrupt workings of government my man,are you going to try and tell me you aren't doing well economically too?

Hannibal36 wrote: »
    What else would you call it at this stage?Our children haven't been at school in 6 months and the way they are talking they aren't going back soon.

Its all well and good for you and your ilk who are doing well economically from this farce,and can pay for private tutors or even can afford time for your children to educate them.But spare a thought for the children left with parents drinking their heads off,no work,getting paid a wage every week for nothing,and their kids now haven't even got school to go to,a Zombie apocalypse would not even warrant ruining the whole country like this.

Every failing business has down tooled and decided the Covid payment is better,then combined with the business which will be lost because of unworkable restrictions and it is an indisputable fact now at this point that the minute the subsidies stop there is going to be business closures on mass across the country. Leaving nothing but ghost towns,but its fine tech is doing well we can do everything online now who cares if our towns and cites go to hell,we got a good app on our phone for tracing covid,that is killing nobody.

Look at the return to school thread and see what I am arguing before you make broad assumptions. Just because I call out some of the BS facts spouted on this thread does not mean I am arguing for continued lockdown

• Registered Users Posts: 29,324 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

It's a bit hard to just leap into the corrupt workings of government my man,are you going to try and tell me you aren't doing well economically too?

we re way beyond the public sector is this game, they only wish they had as handy number as us, happy days!

• Advertisement

we re way beyond the public sector is this game, they only wish they had as handy number as us, happy days!

Listen man it doesn't take a detective to work out who is doing well economically from this and who is not.You clearly are so i am not sure what point you are making.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭Ginger n Lemon

Its good to see this thread still going strong. There ll be 10+ pages of this thread alone about 59 year old doctor.

Curve was flattened in 2nd week of May. We are end of July now and some businesses are still ordered to stay shut.

We've kept over 30,000 pub staff at home this week due to 1 death with covid.
    Its Thursday today....

Listen man it doesn't take a detective to work out who is doing well economically from this and who is not.You clearly are so i am not sure what point you are making.

very very few are doing well outta this one, whos doing well?

I am back. Briefly albeit - I've read the entire article, where does it say that the person was a healthy 59 year old individual with no underlying conditions?

Well given he was working in hospital up to catching the virus he was a productive member of society contributing to the country. But if he had asthma or high BP he was about to die anyway and doesn't count?

Its good to see this thread still going strong. There ll be 10+ pages of this thread alone about 59 year old doctor.

Curve was flattened in 2nd week of May. We are end of July now and some businesses are still ordered to stay shut.

We've kept over 30,000 pub staff at home this week due to 1 death with covid.
    Its Thursday today....

pubs are apparently the most dangerous environments at the moment, hence closure

• Advertisement

Shhh, you will ruin the gravy train for the rest of us if you reveal too much.

apologies, hopefully i wont be downgraded

• Registered Users Posts: 8,379 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

It doesn't and it won't. Its another gentleman passing that for some can be used to support an argument.

Now influenza kills a surprising number of NHS workers in the UK every year but they don't make the newsfeed on facebook

very very few are doing well outta this one, whos doing well?

Listen its as plain as the nose on your face that the people supporting this are only pretending to believe the farcical medical advice (that changes like the wind)so they can keep filling their pockets for as long as they can deceive the Irish middle class,like you and your kind do in here.

Listen its as plain as the nose on your face that the people supporting this are only pretending to believe the farcical medical advice (that changes like the wind)so they can keep filling their pockets for as long as they can deceive the Irish middle class,like you and your kind do in here.

jaysis, ireland has issues with some of its citizens, some reprogramming is required for some

Seriously you guys are foolish if you think you can deceive any thinking person,are you going to tell me you aren't either in an good economical position before this started or that you are not doing ok economically the longer this runs?You don't really need to answer i already know it is one of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,857 ✭✭✭growleaves

From earlier this month:

Serbia drops plans for reimposed lockdown after days of violent protests
    Thousands staged a sit-down rally in Belgrade on Thursday to object to any reimposition of coronavirus curbs and to voice opposition to the government, an even-tempered protest that contrasted sharply with riots in the past two days.

Similar protests were also held in several Serbian cities and came hours after authorities dropped plans for a weekend lockdown in the capital to curb a new spread of the coronavirus.

A government crisis group decided instead on a more limited ban on outdoor and indoor public gatherings of more than 10 people. It also shortened working hours at indoor restaurants and cafes.

"Sit down, sit down," protesters chanted as a small group of young men in black face masks lit a signal flare and briefly clashed with others in the crowd before they were forced to leave. Police did not react.

"We do not need violence, we simply want to sit here and protest against repression," said Milica, 21, a student.
    The demonstrations were at first driven by anger and frustration over economically-stifling measures to contain the pandemic but quickly evolved into anti-government rallies with participants demanding Vucic's resignation.

Seriously you guys are foolish if you think you can deceive any thinking person,are you going to tell me you aren't either in an good economical position before this started or that you are not doing ok economically the longer this runs?You don't really need to answer i already know it is one of them.

very few are in a good position in all of this, and the longer it goes on, the more dangerous it becomes for all, there isnt a conspiracy, we simply dont know how to handle such a situation, our modern economy has never experienced this before, we simply dont know what to do, its a trial and error situation

• Registered Users Posts: 23,551 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Shouldn't be a problem here so :pac:

apologies, hopefully i wont be downgraded
    You are hereby demoted to reddit duty only

• Advertisement

You are hereby demoted to reddit duty only
    life sucks

very few are in a good position in all of this, and the longer it goes on, the more dangerous it becomes for all, there isnt a conspiracy, we simply dont know how to handle such a situation, our modern economy has never experienced this before, we simply dont know what to do, its a trial and error situation

I would beg to differ based on figures our economy faces the flu every year,the facts are there in the lockdown v no lockdown countries that it is no worse than a seasonal flu,its just a matter of if you want the facts or not,and what is the reason you don't want the facts? because you are doing well from the bond money.

pjohnson wrote: »
    Shouldn't be a problem here so :pac:

Is that an attempt at a personal insult?Your weakness is showing,wonder why you have to resort to personal attacks i wonder.

I would beg to differ based on figures our economy faces the flu every year,the facts are there in the lockdown v no lockdown countries that it is no worse than a seasonal flu,its just a matter of if you want the facts or not,and what is the reason you don't want the facts? because you are doing well from the bond money.

None of that is true at all. As I said - alternative facts are your only refuge in your rage

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

This will be us in the middle of Sept

again, this is not a flu, far from it in fact, its far far more serious, theres plenty of information coming back from within the health care system to prove this, these in fact are the real facts.

to answer your previous question regarding the well being of my economy, it deteriorated quickly at the beginning of covid, as my mental health services were severely cut back, which resulted in high elevations of anxiety and very low mood(depression), thankfully, our health care system was able to catch me, and provide me with medication, which is helping to resolve my economic issues, and my mental health services are slowly returning, but its a very different world now, so things may never truly return to normal, but other than that, im good.

i will partially agree though, some very wealthy individuals are more than likely making out like bandits, as they always do, particularly in downturns, as thats what they do, and we continually allow it, go humans!

This will be us in the middle of Sept

You cant know that. We will be living with a level of the virus though

• Registered Users Posts: 7,572 ✭✭✭Penfailed

You been in here cheering it on from the start you are a shill of the highest order you are obviously doing well economically from this farce to be as militant as you are.This whole thing is corruption plain and simple and you know it and it's your job to muddy the waters in here for the confused middle.

You are the literal enemy of the Irish people,lives are being lost,children's lives are being ruined,people are getting angry,but keep cheering my man what goes around comes around nothing more sure in life,i swear to god nothing more sure of that,what goes around comes around,so enjoy yourself now but you will get what you deserve as we all will,nothing more sure in life.

Cheering it on?! No.
    A shill? No, I'm not an accomplice of a confidence trickster.
    Doing well economically? No. I've taken a pay cut and my wife is ineligible for the Covid payment. I've taken quite a hit to the pocket.
    My job to muddy the waters in here?! I'm not getting paid to post unfortunately.
    A literal enemy of the Irish people? That's just laughable. I have school age children too.

Your character assassination of me has absolutely no basis in reality.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

You cant know that. We will be living with a level of the virus though

All you can go by is previous trends of it and going by the past trend its coming back.

Balkans are is spreading, Romania is growing also. Its spreading across again.

Really hope I am wrong but I have a feeling we haven't see the worst of this storm yet.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement