Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part IV - **Read OP for Mod Warnings**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭caveat emptor

Their numbers indicated like ours did in June.

But holiday season is massive to these countries so all risks will be taken.

Balkans seeing resurgence alright.

Economies dependent on tourism running a gauntlet essentially.
    Green means go but what souvenirs will they bring back.

520878.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭Hannibal36

It`s not a real pandemic?!!!!! I would ask are you for real?

I am absolutely for real and absolutely right.

So if it is a real pandemic why didn't we close the airports at any point? Or why didn't we even stop flights from the worst affected areas?

We knew at the very start it affected the elderly the worst but the hospitals were closed and the nursing homes ignored,does that make sense?

If it was a pandemic why didn't we stop thousands protesting right at the height of it?

Why didn't Sweden get overrun,why didn't Belarus? Why didn't a single 3rd world country get overrun considering their healthcare systems so much less robust.

I could keep typing all day the list goes on and on of the reasons why it is not a pandemic and its obvious and clear to anyone that wants to hear it.

Unfortunately the noisy few who are lining their pockets during this alleged pandemic are all we seem to hear.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 837 ✭✭✭John O.Groats

Hannibal36 wrote: »

So if it is a real pandemic why didn't we close the airports at any point? Or why didn't we even stop flights from the worst affected areas?

We knew at the very start it affected the elderly the worst but the hospitals were closed and the nursing homes ignored,does that make sense?

If it was a pandemic why didn't we stop thousands protesting right at the height of it?

Why didn't Sweden get overrun,why didn't Belarus? Why didn't a single 3rd world country get overrun considering their healthcare systems so much less robust.

I could keep typing all day the list goes on and on of the reasons why it is not a pandemic and its obvious and clear to anyone that wants to hear it.

Unfortunately the noisy few who are lining their pockets during this alleged pandemic are all we seem to hear.

So all the people who have died of Covid -19 didn`t really die of it at all? Is that what are you suggesting? A single 3rd world country didn`t get overrun? What evidence do you have to back that up? The noisy few who are lining their pockets? Who might they be and how do you have this notion in your head that you are absolutely right? Because that is all it is, a notion.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,636 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Because that would be a diplomatic nightmare and would have resulted in Irish citizens not being able to return home.

We knew very little and still don't know a lot about the virus. We were hardly the only country caught off guard regarding nursing home.

This one I agree with you on. It was hypocrisy to condemn small gatherings while allowing those protests to happen.

Sweden did get overrun compared to it's neighbouring countries. I'm not sure about Belarus. Why leave out the US where it's getting totally out of hand?

You could but if you're going to continue to cherry pick examples and ignore reality I'm not sure what the point is.

No idea what this even means.

So all the people who have died of Covid -19 didn`t really die of it at all? Is that what are you suggesting? A single 3rd world country didn`t get overrun? What evidence do you have to back that up? And how do you have this notion in your head that you are absolutely right? Because that is all it is, a notion.

Why don't you find a 3rd world country overrun for me,since you are the one buying this whole farce,i already know whats going on it is you who is reaching around in the dark my friend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    thats only one part of the system thats needed, with most covid cases being front line staff, and most of those still outta work, we could have a problem!
    It's at the core of it and we can't do anything without it. The rest can be addressed in individual systems like care homes but the HSE will not be fixed in a few short months.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭TaurenDruid

People need to cop the hell on how is this a pandemic,half a million deaths all sick and elderly i might add and in the whole world.Pure insanity,do people realise more than a million people die worldwide every week,we have had half a million in the whole world in 8 months and there is already cases coming out that were attributed to Covid when it wasn't Covid that killed them,so the figures are inflated on some level.

NO. They were NOT all sick and elderly. This is killing young, healthy people too, who didn't have underlying conditions. And many of those who've recovered have debilitating secondary effects such as fatigue for months afterwards.

You're entitled to your own opinions. You're not entitled to your own facts.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 837 ✭✭✭John O.Groats

Why don't you find a 3rd world country overrun for me,since you are the one buying this whole farce,i already know whats going on it is you who is reaching around in the dark my friend.

So you are the enlightened one are you? Enlighten us poor mushrooms who are being kept in the dark then pal. Why would the world authorities pretend there is a pandemic when according to you it`s all a "farce"?

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭KindOfIrish

So you are the enlightened one are you? Enlighten us poor mushrooms who are being kept in the dark then pal. Why would the world authorities pretend there is a pandemic when according to you it`s all a "farce"?

Unrestricted power over population. It's much more addictive than drugs.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,572 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Because it's not a pandemic,just one in name only,an alleged pandemic but not a real one.

Ridiculous.

That's worse than claiming that I'm a shill, making money from this and that I'm an enemy of the Irish people.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,550 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

No idea what this even means.

Probably that Bill Gates the mastermind behind the fake pandemic.

You don't even know what a pandemic is.

Argue the severity, the appropriateness of the measures. etc., however the fact that it is a pandemic is undeniable

I suggest that you look up the definition of a pandemic because it's quite obvious that you don't know what it means.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭Golf is my Game

Penfailed wrote: »
    I suggest that you look up the definition of a pandemic because it's quite obvious that you don't know what it means.

You can look words up in online dictionarys now, so its a :
    situation in which there is a lot of noise and confusion because people are excited, angry, or frightened.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,636 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Bizarre to be caught off guard when we knew from day one the elderly were most at risk.People should research what Cuomo done with regards nursing homes in NY.

It's easy to say that in hindsight on boards.ie. I wonder what decision you would have made to protect the nursing homes had you been in charge?
    5K deaths is overrun is it with a population twice ours ?

In comparison to their neighbours, yes.
    People need to cop the hell on how is this a pandemic,half a million deaths all sick and elderly i might add and in the whole world.Pure insanity,do people realise more than a million people die worldwide every week,we have had half a million in the whole world in 8 months and there is already cases coming out that were attributed to Covid when it wasn't Covid that killed them,so the figures are inflated on some level.

The definition of a pandemic is an epidemic occuring worldwide. The definition of an epidemic is a widespread occurrence of an infectious disease in a community at a particular time.

How is this not a pandemic?

Jayesdiem wrote: »
    As I’ve been on a month’s ban (and basking in the Spanish sun at the same time - devoid of any Covid fear) I’ll try to keep my usual anger towards Covid bedwetters like yourself to a minimum. You are right - some younger people have sadly died. Did you know, depending on what source you refer to, the chances of this actually happening are somewhere beteeen 1 in 2 million and 1 in 6 million? Those are lottery-winning odds yet the presence of your fear is akin to being optimistic that one week or the next, you’ll finally win the six number jackpot. If this wasn’t so ludicrously pathetic, it would be funny.

You were banned for a month? I can't for one moment imagine why...

The definition of a pandemic is an epidemic occuring worldwide. The definition of an epidemic is a widespread occurrence of an infectious disease in a community at a particular time.

Yep. It doesn't even have had to have killed a single person for it to be an epidemic or a pandemic. This appears to be beyond Hannibal's comprehension.

You can look words up in online dictionarys now, so its a :
    situation in which there is a lot of noise and confusion because people are excited, angry, or frightened.

Eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

As I’ve been on a month’s ban (and basking in the Spanish sun at the same time - devoid of any Covid fear) I’ll try to keep my usual anger towards Covid bedwetters like yourself to a minimum. You are right - some younger people have sadly died. Did you know, depending on what source you refer to, the chances of this actually happening are somewhere beteeen 1 in 2 million and 1 in 6 million? Those are lottery-winning odds yet the presence of your fear is akin to being optimistic that one week or the next, you’ll finally win the six number jackpot. If this wasn’t so ludicrously pathetic, it would be funny.

Sigh...something about lockdown preventing more deaths...sigh sigh sigh...I can't be bothered anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

Unrestricted power over population. It's much more addictive than drugs.

If I was the government this whole year will have been one major headache and hassle. What power have they had? Not letting people in groups of more than two for a month or two? Not opening shops? Big woop. Things are almost back to normal now, and this normal that people long for is an example of actual power over a population - everyone in the rat race working all the hours god sends for a few pennies more and constant loss of benefits. Keep consuming....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭polesheep

It's easy to say that in hindsight on boards.ie. I wonder what decision you would have made to protect the nursing homes had you been in charge?

In comparison to their neighbours, yes.

To be fair, there were plenty of people who called for the nursing homes and the very vulnerable to be locked down from day one. I personally took online and real life abuse for suggesting this. I was accused of discriminating against the elderly... the irony.

You don't even know what a pandemic is.

Argue the severity, the appropriateness of the measures. etc., however the fact that it is a pandemic is undeniable

Lots of confused middle in today along with the shills,fair enough you can call it a pandemic if you want but then you have to admit we have pandemics every year,because this year is no different to any other year.

Lots of confused middle in today along with the shills,fair enough you can call it a pandemic if you want but then you have to admit we have pandemics every year,because this year is no different to any other year.

Oh Jesus.

Just doing it for the craic like all around the world? Back to QAnon with you

Oh Jesus.

Just doing it for the craic like all around the world? Back to QAnon with you

How about you ignore my posts i will ignore your posts clown,you think you have some right to decide who posts here,you wouldn't dare speak to me like that in real life,i promise you that.

When you grow a bit in confidence and stop letting people walk on you in your personal life you will be able to converse with people of all differing viewpoints maturely and be able to talk back and forth without resorting to weak tactics to try and shut down a voice you don't like.Next you will be asking the Mods to remove posts because your little sensitive brain can't take an opposing viewpoint, grow up child.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,852 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

Why are the covid bedwetters leaving their house to go shopping etc or coming in contact with any one. If they are so selfless and concerned about others?

Jesus if the mickey mouse virus generates this hysteria, imagine what an actual serious one would do.... we can go back to feudalism...

How about you ignore my posts i will ignore your posts clown,you think you have some right to decide who posts here,you wouldn't dare speak to me like that in real life,i promise you that.

When you grow a bit in confidence and stop letting people walk on you in your personal life you will be able to converse with people of all differing viewpoints maturely and be able to talk back and forth without resorting to weak tactics to try and shut down a voice you don't like.Next you will be asking the Mods to remove posts because your little sensitive brain can't take an opposing viewpoint, grow up child.
    You been in here cheering it on from the start you are a shill of the highest order you are obviously doing well economically from this farce to be as militant as you are.This whole thing is corruption plain and simple and you know it and it's your job to muddy the waters in here for the confused middle.

You are the literal enemy of the Irish people,lives are being lost,children's lives are being ruined,people are getting angry,but keep cheering my man what goes around comes around nothing more sure in life,i swear to god nothing more sure of that,what goes around comes around,so enjoy yourself now but you will get what you deserve as we all will,nothing more sure in life.

No comment. No more replies

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Well we have been to different funerals i guess i seen nothing but respect at any funerals i went to.
    Eulogies can be the best bit of fun as people need to be able to laugh and cry!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭TaurenDruid

We obviously read very different sources. I'll stick to official mainstream news sources and the HSE, WHO and NPHET. You stick to facebook and Qanon.

is_that_so wrote: »
    Eulogies can be the best bit of fun as people need to be able to laugh and cry!

Cmon man a joke for everyone at Funerals with the utmost respect and loving memory is not what Leo did,if he was upfront and cracked jokes in the speech to us the people he was speaking to then fine i can live with that.

But he was speaking to us about something meant to be pretty serious,it's like me having a conversation with you about something between us.But i told my other friend i'm going to work movie quotes into the conversation for a laugh, but i won't tell you i done it,only my other friends in on the joke know it.That would be taking the piss out of you.

It's completely disrespectful,a man of good character would have spoken to the people openly and honestly and not made us the butt of his childish in house joke,when peoples lives were being lost,jobs lost etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭KindOfIrish

fr336 wrote: »
    If I was the government this whole year will have been one major headache and hassle. What power have they had? Not letting people in groups of more than two for a month or two? Not opening shops? Big woop. Things are almost back to normal now, and this normal that people long for is an example of actual power over a population - everyone in the rat race working all the hours god sends for a few pennies more and constant loss of benefits. Keep consuming....

The subject was: "Governments around the world", not our Government. Many authoritarian regimes around the world use the pandemic to further consolidate their power and curtail human rights and freedoms.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement