Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part IV - **Read OP for Mod Warnings**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,572 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Idbatterim wrote: »
    A consultant who did an excellent job of tryimg to predict how this would pan out, reckined 30-40 deaths day woukd be what public deemed acceptable to get back to some normality. He was wrong , its zero. You couldnt account for the idiocy of policy , public and politicians here .

So he didn't do an excellent job then?

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

A consultant who did an excellent job of tryimg to predict how this would pan out, reckined 30-40 deaths day woukd be what public deemed acceptable to get back to some normality. He was wrong , its zero. You couldnt account for the idiocy of policy , public and politicians here .

Mate, nearly everything in the country, aside from some pubs, has been back to some normality now for over a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,953 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

I would personally be happy with no deaths at all, but you somehow seem to agree with 40 deaths a day to grab a pint or something. Bizarre, but no surprises there!

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Jackman25

Arghus wrote: »
    Mate, nearly everything in the country, aside from some pubs, has been back to some normality now for over a month.

Thats great. Your alright Jack.
    Sher who cares about peoples livelihoods being f**ked over once your ok.

Ironically its the rich publicans are making out like bandits when the Government was good enough to get rid of the competition for them.

pjohnson wrote: »
    Agreed these threads have been a blast during all this. The conspiracies and complete lack of reality has been amazing.

This thread has been a lot closer to the mark than some of what the doom-mongering loons were predicting and still are.

• Advertisement

Jackman25 wrote: »

I've seen posts like this a few times on this thread. A couple have been aimed at me. An innocent comment that things are pretty much getting back to normal gets a response like that ^^^
    Nowhere did the OP say that, 'they were alright Jack.' Nowhere did they even hint at the fact that they don't care about peoples livelihoods being fúcked over.
    Are you alright Jack(man25)?

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

Ironically its the rich publicans are making out like bandits when the Government was good enough to get rid of the competition for them.

Is this meant to a be response to what I posted? Bizarre outburst.

It makes no reference to what I did say and talks about a lot of things that I didn't get into at all.

I wouldn’t say this thread is funny, quite the opposite.

The economy tanking is absolutely not funny. Record numbers unemployed is not funny. Not educating our children for 6 months and counting is also no laughing matter. Cancelling very important screenings/tests and treatments for months on end is not funny. 350000 still getting a Covid payment that is now extended is not funny.

Unfortunately most people just can’t see this. Shielded by a government prepared to borrow billions and billions to kick the can further down the road rather than make any decisions. God help them if the Oxford vaccine doesn’t work out.

All of this for an illness that hasn’t even killed 2000 people with the government admitting that the deaths have been overstated.

Maybe the reality will hit one day, as you wave your kids off at the airport, wishing there was something for them to stay here for. But we didn’t prioritise their futures. We selfishly worried about our own health.

This thread has been a lot closer to the mark than some of what the doom-mongering loons were predicting and still are.

We all knew the decisions would be made on good advice, and so far so good.

Some however were manic about the closures. Just here of course, the rest of Ireland coped and managed.

We all knew the decisions would be made on good advice, and so far so good.

Some however were manic about the closures. Just here of course, the rest of Ireland coped and managed.

There is a hell of a lot to play out yet before we see how well we have done.

Already the decision to postpone phase 4 looks idiotic.

• Advertisement

Is this meant to a be response to what I posted? Bizarre outburst.

It makes no reference to what I did say and talks about a lot of things that I didn't get into at all.

You're all over this forum whining about people complaining about restrictions.
    Maybe some of them have good reason for that and don't deserve to be sneered at.

Penfailed wrote: »
    I've seen posts like this a few times on this thread. A couple have been aimed at me. An innocent comment that things are pretty much getting back to normal gets a response like that ^^^
    Nowhere did the OP say that, 'they were alright Jack.' Nowhere did they even hint at the fact that they don't care about peoples livelihoods being fúcked over.
    Are you alright Jack(man25)?

Its the same cohort obsessed with the people who were giving out about restrictions.
    For some including myself, things are very much back to normal, for others not so much, its no harm to think of them an odd time.

There seems to be a lot of anger and all that on this thread.

I cannot understand it, we have done very well. A lot of things are open again now. It must be the pubs issue so.

But whingers will whinge. No matter what.

Its the same cohort obsessed with the people who were giving out about restrictions.
    For some including myself, things are very much back to normal, for others not so much, its no harm to think of them an odd time.

Absolutely. It does no harm to think about them and post about them. To attack another poster about it when their post was unrelated was uncalled for though, no?
    Regarding the first part of your post, you could say that it's the same cohort obsessed with the people who were relatively happy with the pace of the easement of restrictions. There's two sides to this with differing opinions. Some are more vocal than others. There's also a large cohort who are somewhere in the middle of it all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭Golf is my Game

Theres too types of people in life really, the reckless, and the sensible. Problem happens when the reckless arent just risking themselves, but the sensible too. Then the sensible ones dont like that. Which is a fair sum up of this thing. Luckliy the goverment are good at the moment so being guided by the science not that lads who just want to do what they want whenever.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,654 ✭✭✭Charles Babbage

Excellent point, we already have most things, and will have some more.
    I'm not sure anyone needs to die or suffer serious illness for the remainder. especially as there is reasonable prospect of a vaccine by this time next year.

There seems to be a lot of anger and all that on this thread.

I cannot understand it, we have done very well. A lot of things are open again now. It must be the pubs issue so.

But whingers will whinge. No matter what.

People have been giving out about the restrictions on the various editions of this thread for months. Proven correct when they were brought forward, and probably correct again about the unnecessary postponing of Phase 4. So not just the pubs.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,407 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Theres too types of people in life really, the reckless, and the sensible. Problem happens when the reckless are just risking themselves, but the sensible too. Then the sensible ones dont like that. Which is a fair sum up of this thing. Luckliy the goverment are good at the moment so being guided by the science not that lads who just want to do what they want whenever.

BS- you need to get out more. There's a whole lot of people in between that are neither of variations of both.
    To me the so called "sensible" you are eulogising are some of the most reckless- destroying our economy, kids education, health screening etc all because they are too scared to fcukin live. Pack of absolute brain dead brainwashed loons.

Excellent point, we already have most things, and will have some more.
    I'm not sure anyone needs to die or suffer serious illness for the remainder. especially as there is reasonable prospect of a vaccine by this time next year.

Having most things is the very reason we shouldnt have pubs. Theres enough risk level already with the important stuff so its the right thing to keep the risk low by staying away from stuff that not at all essential. If theres a resonable prospect of a vaccine next year then I think that seals it and pubs should stall all closed food or not until we all get the vaccine.

Pubs in the north have been given an indicative date of the 10th of August for reopening (depending on the prevailing Covid situation).

• Advertisement

Having most things is the very reason we shouldnt have pubs. Theres enough risk level already with the important stuff so its the right thing to keep the risk low by staying away from stuff that not at all essential. If theres a resonable prospect of a vaccine next year then I think that seals it and pubs should stall all closed food or not until we all get the vaccine.

I disagree. A vaccine is not guaranteed. Even if they do get one, not everyone will want to get it (me included). Pubs should open sometime soon, preferably before the end of the summer.

You're all over this forum whining about people complaining about restrictions.
    Maybe some of them have good reason for that and don't deserve to be sneered at.

Some of them have good reasons, but I don't think there's many in this forum.

You know nothing about how I feel about people who may lose their jobs, or already have. Just another would be mind reader.

The irony of being labelled selfish in this thread that has been defined, from the beginning, by its complete lack of empathy and pure selfishness. But self awareness is hard to come by in here, I guess.

EarthCam of Temple Bar now is a revelation.

They will not open up for a long while yet. No tourists.

https://www.earthcam.com/world/ireland/dublin/?cam=templebar

• Registered Users Posts: 8,379 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

Theres too types of people in life really, the reckless, and the sensible. Problem happens when the reckless are just risking themselves, but the sensible too. Then the sensible ones dont like that. Which is a fair sum up of this thing. Luckliy the goverment are good at the moment so being guided by the science not that lads who just want to do what they want whenever.

What have I just read

What have I just read

Sorry, fair cop, should have written arent not are. Corrected now.

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭lukas8888

How can you say everything is almost back to normal.Did i just wake up from a dream or have we not 350,000 extra people on a PUP payment plus a few hundred thousand on wage supplement.

lukas8888 wrote: »
    How can you say everything is almost back to normal.Did i just wake up from a dream or have we not 350,000 extra people on a PUP payment plus a few hundred thousand on wage supplement.

Correct, that would include restaurants, bars, hotels, restaurants and so on.

But they have the Covid payment. Paid by the taxpayer. All good, happy to help.

lukas8888 wrote: »

Do you think life feels the same now as it did in March/April?

Correct, that would include restaurants, bars, hotels, restaurants and so on.

But they have the Covid payment. Paid by the taxpayer. All good, happy to help.

Appreciate your help,now will you guarantee the covid payments and wage subsidies for the long term,as i fear they will be needed when a large number of retail,leisure aviation etc fold.

• Advertisement

Do you think life feels the same now as it did in March/April?
    No,whats your point?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement