Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part IV - **Read OP for Mod Warnings**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,371 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Tenzor07 wrote: »
    An estimate, based on a mathematical model, could be 50%, again we don't know without mass-Immunological testing...

Yeah. Nor do we know what level of immunity after recovery. Interestingly, a recent study found 128 people out of 217 on an unnamed cruise ship contracted Covid-19. 80% were found to be asymptomatic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 917 ✭✭✭MickeyLeari

Stheno wrote: »
    Article in the the Irish Times (I think) this morning showed Dublin peaked April 10th and the rest of the country a week later on April 17th

Six weeks ago

I presume that both Italy and Spain peaked not long before that?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,690 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

nickkinneg wrote: »
    "Reports say the passenger took a COVID-19 test before he travelled because he had been in contact with someone who had died from the virus and had attended the funeral.

However, he left before the result came in and it was only revealed he was positive when the aircraft was in mid-air"

Oh dear! I guess that can happen, however in this case I think this passenger should have been socially responsible and not travelled while he awaited a test.

Also means that testing needs to be easily available and fast...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

fret_wimp2 wrote: »
    the rules are a 5k radius.
    Radius is a straight line from the perimeter of a circle to the center of the same circle.
    There are tools to even show you what that is.

Here is a circle of 5 k radius encompassing the entire phoenix park & stephens green.
    In case its not clear, someone can go from one side of the circle to the other.

I guess its no wonder you break the rules, you dont even understand them.
    There could be a plus, you may not have been actually breaking them even though you were trying!

Capture.jpg

I'm literally at the bottom of that circle so Phoenix Park here I come

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

I presume that both Italy and Spain peaked not long before that?

Think they peaked three weeks before

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,852 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

Oh uh, i am looking at Ryanair website now to book return tickets Dublin to Berlin for 100 euros roundtrip and see a 4 star city centre 9/10 rated hotel for 3 nights with breakfast and free cancellation 268 euros.

What do i do?

These low prices are hypnotising

book it for 9 nights!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

I cannot post a link but there is a story in the Cork Examiner on what Holohan said at the presser yesterday.

- in respect to easing the lockdown he said we are different than other countries in Europe in terms of our peak - is this the case particularly if we exclude nursing home deaths? (the blame lies with Tony and Simon on that one).
    - he does not foresee air travel in the short term and people should not make plans (who TF made this guy the Government).

The Government from next week needs to stop these press conferences and make them politician led. Michael O’Leary and Michael Smurfit are right - this man is dangerous.
    You should read the full roadmap plan, especially Page 5 on flexibility. Eventually public health advice will be superseded by other advice and considerations. You should also have realised by now that the CMO does not ever do future prognostication. His answers are always about now. They also retain a lot of public support for how we are doing even if there is a belief of a rising tide here!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,379 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    As low as possible is not at all clear .It is only so they can move the goalposts as they see fit
    Technically as low as possible means zero

My post was loaded with sarcasm.

Tony's evening press conference are an education in smoke and mirrors.

Its a sad day when journalism is so poor that NPHET can, unquestionably, restrict Irelands citizen's months after folks in Spain are having meals in restaurant's.

RTE are an echo chamber of tripe, I refuse to listen to any broadcast without Ivan Yates asking the questions

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

I have an infectious smile and careless attitude and want to live life to the fullest. ;)

And with your careless attitude are you sure that it`s only your smile that is infectious and that you are not preventing somebody else, maybe even someone close to you, living life to the fullest?

• Advertisement

Stheno wrote: »
    Think they peaked three weeks before

The reality is that we need to be 90% open by end June.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭Ginger n Lemon

And with your careless attitude are you sure that it`s only your smile that is infectious and that you are not preventing somebody else, maybe even someone close to you, living life to the fullest?

Yes.

My post was loaded with sarcasm.

Tony's evening press conference are an education in smoke and mirrors.

Its a sad day when journalism is so poor that NPHET can, unquestionably, restrict Irelands citizen's months after folks in Spain are having meals in restaurant's.

RTE are an echo chamber of tripe, I refuse to listen to any broadcast without Ivan Yates asking the questions

End those pressers. They are just disruptive now

End those pressers. They are just disruptive now

Exactly. End them immediately.

Won't happen though, I genuinely believe the medical professionals and certain immunologist's are loving the media attention.
    That dude from Cork is outrageous with his gibberish

• Registered Users Posts: 14,160 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

The whole thing has been a charade and a farce for weeks now. There is zero social distancing going on in parks and other places where people gather, people are driving wherever they like, and there is no enforcement of the so called rules.
    Why are they continuing with pretending we are in lockdown? I mean either f*cking do it properly or dont do it at all. My life is fine the way things are right now, so it doesn't even bother me personally, but the whole thing is a joke and I don't know why they're continuing to play along with this nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Down at my local beach, fairly busy, 2 Gardaí walking the seafront not taking any notice to groups etc, a women went up to them giving out that people were on the seafront who were well more than 5k from home, one Garda replied,"What do you want us to do, arrest or fine them all ?" and they walked on.

Even they can't be bothered now

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

seamusk84 wrote: »
    So what potential phase three measures might Leo might bring forward to phase two at the press conference this Friday?
    An earlier reopening date for the restaurants and cafes? I predict so.

Based on the childcare stuff yesterday, it seems that some of that will move from phase 4 to phase 3

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Jim Root

road_high wrote: »
    You should see Leo’s Facebook. Full of donkeys congratulating him. Our record is shocking thanks to useless HSE Nphet and Harris.

Full of what?

A lot of the narrative in the media today seems to be leaning towards a quicker easing

Wonder if the govt are using the fourth estate as a soft landing to announcing greater easing?

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Jim Root

I cannot post a link but there is a story in the Cork Examiner on what Holohan said at the presser yesterday.

- in respect to easing the lockdown he said we are different than other countries in Europe in terms of our peak - is this the case particularly if we exclude nursing home deaths? (the blame lies with Tony and Simon on that one).
    - he does not foresee air travel in the short term and people should not make plans (who TF made this guy the Government).

The Government from next week needs to stop these press conferences and make them politician led. Michael O’Leary and Michael Smurfit are right - this man is dangerous.

What an outrageous slur to make. He’s a medical doctor. Do you expect him to make any guidance that increases medical risk?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭Ginger n Lemon

Down at my local beach, fairly busy, 2 Gardaí walking the seafront not taking any notice to groups etc, a women went up to them giving out that people were on the seafront who were well more than 5k from home, one Garda replied,"What do you want us to do, arrest or fine them all ?" and they walked on.

Even they can't be bothered now

Brilliant :pac::pac::pac:

If Fintan from this thread worked in Gardai, thats what he wudve responded with also :)

Spanish arent making tourits quarantine from the 1st July. Many flights are E140 return and even good accomodation is a pittance lad!!! just checking it out now.

Get on it! youll even be able to get luxuries like hair cuts and two euro pints, youll be able to eat out in resteraunts outside with gorgeous views for a pittance...

• Registered Users Posts: 16,023 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

The whole thing has been a charade and a farce for weeks now. There is zero social distancing going on in parks and other places where people gather, people are driving wherever they like, and there is no enforcement of the so called rules.
    Why are they continuing with pretending we are in lockdown? I mean either f*cking do it properly or dont do it at all. My life is fine the way things are right now, so it doesn't even bother me personally, but the whole thing is a joke and I don't know why they're continuing to play along with this nonsense.

Is this not a good sign, cases have fallen to nothing, hospitals are empty, very few deaths while all this has been happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,407 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Exactly. End them immediately.

Won't happen though, I genuinely believe the medical professionals and certain immunologist's are loving the media attention.
    That dude from Cork is outrageous with his gibberish

Indeed so many experts- funnily enough, not one of them have the foresight to stop or massively reduce our cases... but know it all long after the horse has bolted.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,160 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

niallo27 wrote: »
    Is this not a good sign, cases have fallen to nothing, hospitals are empty, very few deaths while all this has been happening.

well it's a sign that our police are a bunch of useless clowns that no one respects, that the government's message means nothing, and that there's no point continuing the whole circus act any more

Jim Root wrote: »
    What an outrageous slur to make. He’s a medical doctor. Do you expect him to make any guidance that increases medical risk?

this IS the same holoan involved in the cervical cancer disgrace? he was trying to have it all his own way then too, asking Harris to leave the review to him :rolleyes:

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/ireland/top-medic-advised-against-cervical-check-review-910324.html

that clown would be long gone in any other country!

well it's a sign that our police are a bunch of useless clowns that no one respects, that the government's message means nothing, and that there's no point continuing the whole circus act any more

the guards here have the authority of the boy scouts. But its not them I have contempt for, its the moron politicians, they are by far this biggest culprits in this shambles!

That Varadkar fraud, couldnt lead you out of a Kylie minogue concert!

Brilliant :pac::pac::pac:

If Fintan from this thread worked in Gardai, thats what he wudve responded with also :)

Nah I'd be more like dirty Harry, did I fire 5 shots or 6 lockdown Larry??

will that disgrace Holohan be put before the public on a current affairs programme I wonder?

• Advertisement

Jim Root wrote: »

Is it an outrageous slur that an unelected official is making executive decisions? That is what I meant and perhaps I should have been clearer on that point.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement