Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General Premier League Thread 2019-20 #Mod Notes First post [Updated 24/07/20]

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭DVDM93

But you don't mention everything he has achieved and perhaps the manger got him to Messiah statues.

I like the way you said 'manger' instead of manager whilst we are talking Holy Grails & Messiah's, well-played.

would KDB be as good as he is now if it wasn't for Pep? maybe, maybe not.

would KDB have won as much as he has for City under another manager? I think so.

plenty of managers in the world that could win the league & domestic cups with City's money.

still great mind & I'm sure KDB is happy with what he's won at City.

but KDB wants a Champions League & Pep & City have failed him in this regard.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,258 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

6 wrote: »
    Didn't realise KDB was 29. He definitely needs to be adding a CL to this haul. Has another big move in him I'd imagine.

I'd be amazed if he goes anywhere before the season starts. Money talks especially in Manchester....just throw him a contract extension with an extra €100k on top and I'm sure he'll be right as rain.

I'd be amazed if he goes anywhere before the season starts. Money talks especially in Manchester....just throw him a contract extension with an extra €100k on top and I'm sure he'll be right as rain.

also if Pep gets the sack City's chances of winning a CL immediately increase so he will likely stay if that happens too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Slightly different logic but Gerrard should have left Liverpool then? Going off what I'm reading in here today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,821 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

RasTa wrote: »
    Slightly different logic but Gerrard should have left Liverpool then? Going off what I'm reading in here today

Its kind of different as Gerrard was born and raised in Liverpool as a Liverpool fan, City are KDB 5th club

was Kevin De Bruyne born & bred in Manchester? No he wasn't. Gerrard was born & bred in Liverpool

Did Kevin De Bruyne only ever play for one team like Gerrard did before that time it was looking like he was off to Chelsea? No, KDB has played for 4 other clubs before Man City.

Gerrard absolutely loves Liverpool & chose his club over more money & success. KDB is at City because City can pay the money for the talent that he is. He could just as easily have ended up at another club.

the list of comparisons could go on forever on how different the reasons Gerrard had for staying at Liverpool than KDB would at City.

we all know that if Gerrard had left for Chelsea that time he'd have won a few Premier Leagues & he's probably the most deserving player of all time that never did, but we equally all know why he stayed.

you can't compare them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Its kind of different as Gerrard was born and raised in Liverpool as a Liverpool fan, City are KDB 5th club
    DVDM93 wrote: »
    was Kevin De Bruyne born & bred in Manchester? No he wasn't. Gerrard was born & bred in Liverpool

Did Kevin De Bruyne only ever play for one team like Gerrard did before that time it was looking like he was off to Chelsea? No, KDB has played for 4 other clubs before Man City.

Gerrard absolutely loves Liverpool & chose his club over more money & success. KDB is at City because City can pay the money for the talent that he is. He could just as easily have ended up at another club.

the list of comparisons could go on forever on how different the reasons Gerrard had for staying at Liverpool than KDB would at City.

we all know that if Gerrard had left for Chelsea that time he'd have won a few Premier Leagues & he's probably the most deserving player of all time that never did, but we equally all know why he stayed.

you can't compare them.

More so you're both and others suggesting that KDB deserves a CL medal. Gerrard should have PL medal with his talent. I'd say he regrets not leaving, Shearer is another one.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,258 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Don't think many Pool fans would disagree that Gerrard gave more than he got. Couldn't have begrudged him going even if the Chelsea link did irk something fierce back in the day.

But of course it depends on how you view it. Stevie G will go down as a club legend that goes beyond titles and will be remembered when most have been consigned to the record books. Only he knows whether that was worth never winning the PL.

if KDB wants a Champions League, he needs to get out, otherwise Pep needs to leave.

Pep staying means no Champions League for KDB, Pep leaving or KDB leaving & it's a maybe.

https://twitter.com/CfcShrey/status/1294746396101246976?s=20

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,079 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Bernando Silva absolutely rattled. He went from being the 2nd best player in the league last season to going into hiding this season. Left on the bench last night and the FA cup final.

He has taken the bait anyways and hit out. One of the players involved in the plane singing about Salah & Sean Cox last season and chose not to partake in the guard of honour this season. Give what you can take.

It's embarrassing from Bernando Silva.

https://twitter.com/BernardoCSilva/status/1295032534703714309?s=19

Fitz* wrote: »
    Bernando Silva absolutely rattled. He went from being the 2nd best player in the league last season to going into hiding this season. Left on the bench last night and the FA cup final.

He has taken the bait anyways and hit out. One of the players involved in the plane singing about Salah & Sean Cox last season and chose not to partake in the guard of honour this season. Give what you can take.

It's embarrassing from Bernando Silva.

https://twitter.com/BernardoCSilva/status/1295032534703714309?s=19

the 'man' is absolutely raging :pac: :pac: :pac: :pac: :pac:

he sang about Sean Cox getting "battered in the streets", the Hillsborough disaster ("victims") & things as petty as losing to Madrid in Kiev & Kompany injuring Salah.

The only (open to correction that he was the only one) Man City player not to clap for Liverpool during the guard of honour.

Now he comes out with this & wants to be the one to take the moral high ground :O :O :O :O :O

absolutely rattled :D:D:D:D:D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,208 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

More embarrassing for the Liverpool fans who decided to head over to abuse a Man City player on twitter really over the result of a game that had nothing to do with them really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,508 ✭✭✭✭noodler

More embarrassing for the Liverpool fans who decided to head over to abuse a Man City player on twitter really over the result of a game that had nothing to do with them really.

Jesus, that's selective.

Where is that Barcelona 3-0 Liverpool thread from last year again??

noodler wrote: »
    Jesus, that's selective.

Where is that Barcelona 3-0 Liverpool thread from last year again??

Did posters on here abuse Liverpool players online then?

are you familiar with Twitter cookie? you get that with every fan base... but it sure is rare to see a player implode like this so publicly :pac: :pac: :pac: :pac: :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭Rock77

More so you're both and others suggesting that KDB deserves a CL medal. Gerrard should have PL medal with his talent. I'd say he regrets not leaving, Shearer is another one.

Shearer has a PL medal.

Did posters on here abuse Liverpool players online then?

They certainly posted non-stop jibes and "banter" about a result that didn't concern them.

Bottom line, twitter is a cesspool. If you want to start picking the bones out of football fans tweeting to professionals then you'll be at this all day and there won't be any clean hands.

Bernardo getting a bit salty doesn't change that.

Players twitter accounts are (mostly?) handled by media people for them. Generic statements all the time like 'great win today, fans were amazing, we keep going' or 'tough to take today, we'll come back stronger, fans were amazing as always'.

I'm assuming that they all get hundreds of thousands of tags and tweets every other day, especially on a night like last night. From fans of all clubs. The fact he went reading through all his comments after the match says a lot, and then singled out Liverpool. He clearly can't hack it.

He gave it, so he has to be able to take it. Sterling couldn't earlier in the season, or Laporte couldn't. Or Guardiola couldn't.

are you familiar with Twitter cookie? you get that with every fan base... but it sure is rare to see a player implode like this so publicly :pac: :pac: :pac: :pac: :pac:

I'm well aware of Twitter. It's full of anonymous weirdos abusing famous people. Doesn't make it right though.

I'm well aware of Twitter. It's full of anonymous weirdos abusing famous people. Doesn't make it right though.

I completely agree with you.

but every fan base has these type of people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Players twitter accounts are (mostly?) handled by media people for them. Generic statements all the time like 'great win today, fans were amazing, we keep going' or 'tough to take today, we'll come back stronger, fans were amazing as always'.

I'm assuming that they all get hundreds of thousands of tags and tweets every other day, especially on a night like last night. From fans of all clubs. The fact he went reading through all his comments after the match says a lot, and then singled out Liverpool. He clearly can't hack it.

He gave it, so he has to be able to take it. Sterling couldn't earlier in the season, or Laporte couldn't. Or Guardiola couldn't.

I still believe in this Anichibe tweet.

The-Nigerian-forward-694991.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,303 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

the 'man' is absolutely raging :pac: :pac: :pac: :pac: :pac:

he sang about Sean Cox getting "battered in the streets", the Hillsborough disaster ("victims") & things as petty as losing to Madrid in Kiev & Kompany injuring Salah.

The only (open to correction that he was the only one) Man City player not to clap for Liverpool during the guard of honour.

Now he comes out with this & wants to be the one to take the moral high ground :O :O :O :O :O

absolutely rattled :D:D:D:D:D

I don't think I ever knew this, is that true?

If so, it's particularly scummy.

Yup, even Sean Cox's brother came out & talked about it. It was fcuking horrible.

https://www.rte.ie/amp/1049705/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,047 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Feck me never knew that about City players. Lowest of the low

It was more than just Bernando. There was a lot more involved.

https://twitter.com/grisou79/status/1128523629300453376?s=09

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭.G.

I can't believe a high profile person actually reads his twitter mentions. It should be twitter 101 for anyone famous to never ever go near your mentions, especially sports people.

I read our own players mentions from time to time, cesspit is the right word.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Yup, even Sean Cox's brother came out & talked about it. It was fcuking horrible.

https://www.rte.ie/amp/1049705/

No FH, it's not true. It's some Liverpool fans opinion that this is what they sang about. Even the article you linked to DVD says it's not about that.

It is a song City fans have sung all season.

The club have firmly denied that the "battered in the streets" lyric refers to Cox, a Meathman and Liverpool supporter who was left with brain injuries after being assaulted outside Anfield by Roma ultras in April last year.

They have said that it is about other incidents at Liverpool's Champions League final in Kiev last May.

Weather it's true or or not. Who knows however going around saying they sang about Sean Cox getting battered as if it was personal is not the case.

Albeit not that it's any better saying it about anyone else being battered

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Yet some on here wonder why LFC fans are enjoying watching city fail so much.

yes FH sorry, its not true, because City denied it :O

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

This thread really highlights why most neutrals don't like Liverpool. And one poster in here is particularly annoying.

• Advertisement

It was more than just Bernando. There was a lot more involved.

https://twitter.com/grisou79/status/1128523629300453376?s=09

Narrator: But the scousers didn't win **** all.

yes FH sorry, its not true, because City denied it :O

But its not? Even if they don't deny it.

If they sang the song before that happened than its obviously not referring to it? ( Which from reports at the time I believe that to be true?)

Sean Coxs brother was upset about that song. Was a pretty low act about someone unable to to defend himself.

eh i dunno wrote: »
    This thread really highlights why most neutrals don't like Liverpool. And one poster in here is particularly annoying.

The best are never liked by rivals or neutrals :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,488 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

It won't be long until liverpool supporters start using the tagline "more than a club". Half the posts around here sound like the scouse version of aig

It won't be long until liverpool supporters start using the tagline "more than a club". Half the posts around here sound like the scouse version of aig

We actually prefer The Unbearables :)

ERG89 wrote: »
    I still believe in this Anichibe tweet.

The-Nigerian-forward-694991.png

Reminds me when Lescotts pocket put up a picture of his car. After they got slaughtered in a game.

The Lucas Leiva ''Unluckeee'' GIF gets me every time it's tweeted under something haha

some great ones in here.

to be fair to Lescott at least he didn't use the 'hacked' excuse :D

https://twitter.com/TheSaItIsHere/status/1236030688169807879?s=20

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,303 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Reminds me when Lescotts pocket put up a picture of his car. After they got slaughtered in a game.
    “The tweet sent out from my account involving a picture of a car was totally accidental, it happened whilst driving and my phone was in my pocket.”

Ahh yes Joleon, tweet the pic and then give an apology thinking people are idiots and will believe it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

But its not? Even if they don't deny it.

If they sang the song before that happened than its obviously not referring to it? ( Which from reports at the time I believe that to be true?)

I mean if you trust reports City are saying it relates to some unnamed event in Kiev from the CL final

You know, something that happened after the Sean Cox incident, so what about City’s official story if you’re saying they sung it before that?

Spoiler: they didn’t, they sang it the following season, the lyrics initially referenced Ramos instead of Kompany from the same CL final and unfortunately the battered reference relates to Roma fan attacks on Sean and others from the semi final. They didn’t sing it before Kiev

No FH, it's not true. It's some Liverpool fans opinion that this is what they sang about. Even the article you linked to DVD says it's not about that.

It is a song City fans have sung all season.

The club have firmly denied that the "battered in the streets" lyric refers to Cox, a Meathman and Liverpool supporter who was left with brain injuries after being assaulted outside Anfield by Roma ultras in April last year.

They have said that it is about other incidents at Liverpool's Champions League final in Kiev last May.

Weather it's true or or not. Who knows however going around saying they sang about Sean Cox getting battered as if it was personal is not the case.

Albeit not that it's any better saying it about anyone else being battered

So Man City's defence that the line "battered in the streets" is not about Sean Cox but is actually about different fans getting beat up instead?

The fact that the club acknowledge that the players were singing the song alone makes it bad enough. We all know the lyrics and we all know that the players sung it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

I thought it was about the two fans injured in Kiev when there were fights at a restaurant before the game?

The fact that the club acknowledge that the players were singing the song alone makes it bad enough.

Absolutely agree, I didn't suggest otherwise

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Bridge93 wrote: »
    I thought it was about the two fans injured in Kiev when there were fights at a restaurant before the game?

That doesn't make it any better at all

• Advertisement

That was my understanding when some fans were deemed to be acting the hardman and got put in their place in Kiev, or something along those lines

TitianGerm wrote: »
    That doesn't make it any better at all

I didn’t say it was, it was a question as there seems to be confusion as to the source of it. The players are pretty dim to not bother knowing exactly what they’re getting involved in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Retracted

8-10 wrote: »
    If you choose to believe that....is it somehow different or ok?

We’re talking about professional players singing this, 12 months later, after winning a game against Brighton and Hove Albion

I am very very confident as to what the song is referencing, but I’m confused by the defence as if it makes it any better?

Supporters of all clubs collect idiots and bigots along the way, but entire squads singing songs like this just isn’t on and unfortunately it’s not surprising that people on this forum want to downplay it because Liverpool are involved

How about you don’t get so defensive and stop jumping to conclusions. Both myself and others have acknowledged it’s not on either way. Is questioning the truth not allowed? Or will we just accept the truth from the Liverpool contingent?

people will believe what they want to believe, either way, it's still the lowest of the low, scummy & absolutely disgusting.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement