Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2023/24

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,847 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Giroud has now scored as many goals as Bergkamp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Solid win but still a bit to work on. Giroud should be starting every game, confidence is sky high and you’d trust him at taking chances a lot more than Tammy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Johner wrote: »
    Solid win but still a bit to work on. Giroud should be starting every game, confidence is sky high and you’d trust him at taking chances a lot more than Tammy.
    his hold up play brings everyone into it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭bullpost

Werner still not at the races. His pace and passing were good but his finishing looks like hes lacking in confidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Werner needs a few goals but his work ethic is undisputed sprinting from inside his own half to lay on the third for Pulisic in the 93rd minute is testament to that. Good player will be a star only a matter of time when it all clicks

Werner needs a few goals but his work ethic is undisputed sprinting from inside his own half to lay on the third for Pulisic in the 93rd minute is testament to that. Good player will be a star only a matter of time when it all clicks

I though he was way better on the right where he could go on the outside and use his pace as opposed to the left where he was looking to cut inside
    Obviously up top is his best position but he is showing his versatility, now just put the chances away 😀

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 349 ✭✭kalych

Chelsea never really got going since kickoff so far. Sad to see Kepa hasn't improved one bit - conceding at the near post. Not fully his fault, as Kovacic decided not to do his defensive duties this time around. At least a peno straight away puts us level again.

a while since we've had a bore draw :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,847 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Billy Gilmour: FA Cup Debut - MOTM. Full PL Debut - MOTM. Champions League Debut - MOTM.

(from reddit)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,106 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Pulisic injured again?

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

Pulisic injured again?

supposed to be a slight strain of the hamstring again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

FFS

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Carpentry

was fuming after the game, Everton parked the bus well :mad::mad::mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Killinator

Hit the post 3 times, when it's not your day....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 354 ✭✭peter4918

The weekend worked out ok with both Liverpool and Spurs drawing so not too much ground lost after all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

peter4918 wrote: »
    The weekend worked out ok with both Liverpool and Spurs drawing so not too much ground lost after all.

Should have been two points gained.
    But as pointed out, when it's not your day its not your day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Tough draw but we have to beat the big boys at some stage in the Champions League

Pulisic in the squad for tomorrow night

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Sam Hain

Delighted to see Pulisic start and Havertz moved to a more central position.

Considering our lack of creativity against Everton, i dont see anyone on the bench I’d expect to come on and make an impact if we’re 0-0 or they’re parking the bus while ahead

I expect we’ll need a moment of magic from Pulisic, not sure if the full backs getting crosses into an outnumbered Giroud even with Werner in support will be a real avenue but hope im wrong

Just not good enough at all.
    Never pushed on after opener but never looked solid enough to keep them out.
    Kick.in the teeth that the equaliser came from a corner that clearly should have been a goal kick.

Werner looked hopeless, reminded me of Torres, a lot of trying but he could have been there for another 4 hours and not got past a man and constantly have the ball away.

6 points thrown away in less than a week.

Killinator wrote: »
    Just not good enough at all.
    Never pushed on after opener but never looked solid enough to keep them out.
    Kick.in the teeth that the equaliser came from a corner that clearly should have been a goal kick.

Werner looked hopeless, reminded me of Torres, a lot of trying but he could have been there for another 4 hours and not got past a man and constantly have the ball away.

6 points thrown away in less than a week.

i think werner has to either play as a striker or as a sub , not good enough for the wing
    a few dips in form by a few players

• Registered Users Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭Garzorico

I haven’t watched many league games for a long while so don’t see with my own eyes, I have only read the reports but when a manager is consistently playing a striker on the wing despite it not being his best position (being polite there) that does my head in. I read this evening after the game that the players looked a bit clueless/nervous. That’s the managers fault and it’s time for him to go. Abraham or Giroud are not Lewandowski - they are donkeys. Need Werner up top and those two on the bench.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,247 ✭✭✭TomSweeney

Absolute ****ing gash, I hope Spurs win the league now ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 354 ✭✭peter4918

TomSweeney wrote: »
    Absolute ****ing gash, I hope Spurs win the league now ...

Settle down now....deep breaths before you come out with rubbish
    One that!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,247 ✭✭✭TomSweeney

Well I do, I don't want Liverpool to win it ... certainly not Man United ... and Man City ?? nah ...

Also still have a soft spot for Mourinho ;)

Introducing so many new players into the premiership was always going to be a risk. Takes at least a year for most to adjust and this year must be stranger than most. We overachieved last year , due to other clubs failing to perform more than anything.

Going to be a long campaign for Frank now.

Mostly lucky again with results tonight. A draw in Spurs/Pool match would have been ideal but overall we didn't end up too much worse off

Spurs getting nothing is probably better for us long term, in reality we'll be in a top 4 fight with the likes of them, Liverpool will be off in the distance up top with City in time and the rest of us will be fighting for the other 2 places

Well tonight is really a must win - be interesting to see if there is any fight in this team. Had a decent break from the Wolves debacle so fingers crossed.

Mendy has been poor in last two matches so a big night for him as well, can't see Kai starting but guess we will persevere with Werner.

So if Reece is out something along the lines of
    Mendy, Dave, Silva, Happy, Brylcreem, Kante, Gilmour, Kovacic, Mount, Giroud, Werner.

Hope Hz and Odoi might be available off the bench - not a big fan of Mount on the wing but would like to see Gilmour in the mix and Kai has not been at all impressive (nor is he a winger)

Well tonight is really a must win - be interesting to see if there is any fight in this team. Had a decent break from the Wolves debacle so fingers crossed.

Mendy has been poor in last two matches so a big night for him as well, can't see Kai starting but guess we will persevere with Werner.

Mendy, Dave, Silva, Happy, Brylcreem, Kante, Gilmour, Kovacic, Mount, Giroud, Werner.

Hope Hz and Odoi might be available off the bench - not a big fan of Mount on the wing but would like to see Gilmour in the mix and Kai has not been at all impressive (nor is he a winger)

well if wingers aren't available , don't play a system that requires them . they could have 2 holding payers that would release havertz / mount as a 10 .

Yep but unlikely Lampard will do that

I like the idea of that lineup, but without Reece James I don't think we have a proper threat on the right in a 41212

Ziyech is in contention to be back as well, so I'd imagine we'll see one of him and Odoi start and the other coming on at 60

I'd take anything but Mount on the wing, Werner is only slightly out of position while there but Mount is an 8 and maybe a 10 at a push

I'd rather see Tino Anjorin given a chance on the wing before Mount, I don't know if that's realistic now though with covid bubbles and all that

• Advertisement

Jorginho’s gonna be some serious marmite after this game, and really only the people who hate marmite

We were shocking for 35 minutes in that second half ( and the last 20 of the first half too!) and were lucky not to concede but a good result in the end. Vital 3 points.

Nice to see Dave in there performing and Silva is the kind of warrior we needed in central defence.

Poor for most of the second half but we’ll take it

Hopefully we can pile on the misery for Arteta on Saturday, I’m expecting that 1 in 15 performances from Willian that actully make him look like a twinkle toed Brazilian

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Carpentry

Good result, but I didn't like the game at all.

once kovacic came on for jourginho , it was a different team

I really wish Sarri would get a new job so as we can get shot of Jorginho, why does Lampard play him and how was he on for so long?

We were very lucky last night pressure is building on Lampard now interesting to see what answers he may have.

• Advertisement

You have to feel for him, he was brought in for a specific role and he's a liability in the current system where you need legs

Put him in a regista role in Italy and I'm sure we'll be looking at a class player, he's not a fit for "Frank Lampard's Chelsea" though

I hope Chilwell isn't out for long and it was just a twist of the ankle, we got usual Emerson where he's grand but no cutting edge and wee bit of a liability defensively

Ditto for Reece James, Dave has his role in the squad but we're past him as well unfortunately

3 of the guys with the most standing in the squad are Jorginho, Dave and Rudiger, it's unfortunate how our style now doesn't suit 2 of them and the other just isn't elite

for the first 10 mins he was pushing us forward but then he went into default mode of sitting on one of the CB's shoulders and it invited west ham onto us and mount & Kante got lost upfield , sell jourginho and buy rice , i thought once again he was west hams best player by a mile

I hope he's worth the 80 odd million it will take to get him, they're not in relegation trouble this season and he's tied down til 2024

I was hoping Ampadu would shine at Sheffield United and we could then give him a chance before splashing mad money on Rice, he's been between midfield and defense and the reviews I've seen haven't always been raving, or raving at all

Ampadu might not be shining as Sheffield are having an awful season so far, that said he could certainly stand out more.

• Advertisement
Advertisement