Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2023/24

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

I'd rather see Werner up top for Atletico

The threat of his pace in behind will help pin them back since they're going to have to push for at least 1 goal, we're going to be without Mount and will miss his pressing from the front too

Giroud on the field will allow them to push their defensive line well up with less threat from the forwards, I'd like to see this lineup tomorrow

Mendy
    Dave Christensen Rudiger
    James Kante Kovacic Chilwell
    Ziyech Werner Odoi

can't see ziyech in there . his work rate is not there at the moment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

peteeeed wrote: »
    can't see ziyech in there . his work rate is not there at the moment

He has it in him more than Pulisic or Havertz though, I'd rather keep them for the last 20-30 mins to help seal off the game or god forbid get us back into it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,745 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

I'd rather see Werner up top for Atletico

The threat of his pace in behind will help pin them back since they're going to have to push for at least 1 goal, we're going to be without Mount and will miss his pressing from the front too

Giroud on the field will allow them to push their defensive line well up with less threat from the forwards, I'd like to see this lineup tomorrow

Mendy
    Dave Christensen Rudiger
    James Kante Kovacic Chilwell
    Ziyech Werner Odoi

I don't think Ziyech deserves a place and Silva should be in there if fit

duploelabs wrote: »
    I don't think Ziyech deserves a place and Silva should be in there if fit

You can't drop Christensen after how good he's been since he replaced Silva, and Silva would more than likely be a small liability as the left sided centre back even though he's better than Rudiger in every way except pace

I think Ziyech from the start is better than our other options, he'll cut inside and leave room for James on the overlap that Odoi and Pulisic won't. Havertz would do the same but after playing 90 mins last 2 games I'm not sure if he'd have the legs for another full 90 and his impact off the bench would be much greater

You can't drop Christensen after how good he's been since he replaced Silva, and Silva would more than likely be a small liability as the left sided centre back even though he's better than Rudiger in every way except pace

I think Ziyech from the start is better than our other options, he'll cut inside and leave room for James on the overlap that Odoi and Pulisic won't. Havertz would do the same but after playing 90 mins last 2 games I'm not sure if he'd have the legs for another full 90 and his impact off the bench would be much greater

Well the Silva point is moot now

https://twitter.com/absolutechelsea/status/1371841837644800003?s=21

• Advertisement

It’s 7 years since we made it past the Round of 16 in the Champions League

Please fcuk let us get the job done tonight, I have every expectation that we will

Interesting lineup, Havertz ‘false 9’ or whatever it is again

Christensen must be injured to not play or even be on the bench, hope Zouma can step up in the central role

https://mobile.twitter.com/chelseafc/status/1372259198264827904

Edit - cant get tweet to embed, should leave the lineup posting to the experts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 349 ✭✭kalych

Very entertaining game so far. Lucky not to have conceded a peno, but very happy to see the lads up front combining well to score on the counter...one more now to be fully comfortable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Killinator

Love to see Atletico get played at their own game with the dark arts :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Carpentry

What a game, man of the match ? Thiago Silva :-D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

Far the better team over 2 legs . I thought Rudiger was savage tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

Barr wrote: »
    Far the better team over 2 legs . I thought Rudiger was savage tonight

Was half expecting him to peep through his fingers and laugh at the red card.

I'd fancy us against anyone but City and Bayern in the next round

PSG would be nice for Tuchel to maybe get one over on

Porto and Dortmund the ones you'd expect us to be beat and be favourites for

Madrid aint what they were, and Liverpool have had their obvious struggles the last few months

Be interesting Friday morning for the draw anyway, semis are now done at the same time so we'll know our possible path to the final then as well

Really good all over the pitch especially the kante twins

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Probably the best 2 legged performance from a Chelsea side in recent memory.

We made Atelti look decidedly average throughout the 180mins .

Only gripe I have is we should have won by more, on to the QF.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭TomSweeney

Great to see the boys win, Thiago Silva celebrating was the highlight for me !!! :D:D !!

The last time we went further than Barca we won the f*ckin thing!!!

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭TomSweeney

All in !! the dream is still alive, Tuchel can beat those Bayern and City lads!!!

The draw tomorrow can’t come quick enough – we are definitely in with a good shout this time round .

It’s been way overdue getting to this stage again!

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭shrewd

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Probably the best 2 legged performance from a Chelsea side in recent memory.

We made Atelti look decidedly average throughout the 180mins .

Only gripe I have is we should have won by more, on to the QF.

It was fantastic. I couldn't believe we were playing against the La Liga leaders.

It's been a long time since I saw a pressing and determined Chelsea. The movement of ball was superb and unpredictable

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭bullpost

We'll need to find more goals if we're to win it, but those two last night should give huge boost to the likes of Warner and Havertz.

shrewd wrote: »
    It was fantastic. I couldn't believe we were playing against the La Liga leaders.

It's been a long time since I saw a pressing and determined Chelsea. The movement of ball was superb and unpredictable

It's amazing what a change of manager has done , I hope tuchel will be around longer term - he has all the attributes to get us back to the top.

watching the 2nd goal again its amazing that its kante and emerson are the ones sprinting past pulisic

When all hope is lost, there's always Mourinho and Spurs to have a chuckle off.

Fantastic week for some English clubs.

GavRedKing wrote: »
    When all hope is lost, there's always Mourinho and Spurs to have a chuckle off.

Fantastic week for some English clubs.

I wonder how much it'll cost to sack Jose

duploelabs wrote: »
    I wonder how much it'll cost to sack Jose

For Levy to give him a 4 and a half year deal there has to be a get out clause for no CL football after this season, has to be

porto v chelsea

winner of real madrid / liverpool againts us or porto in semi

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Shame we will be away in the final but so it goes

• Advertisement

Shame we will be away in the final but so it goes

Istanbul not Constantinople

We have a great chance this year !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Barr wrote: »
    We have a great chance this year !

Very nice draw alright! Have to be delighted with that.

It is nearly the easiest draw we could have got. would have preferred Madrid as they are the weakest side left in the competition. Porto are no mugs but we really should have enough then perhaps a Liverpool semi which would be interesting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Well done fellas,you got the draw everyone wanted. You'll have to be disappointed if you don't make the final now. I know I would be if City got that draw. I'd fancy us to turn over Porto, and either Madrid or Liverpool.

After watching Porto against Juve , they look a tough nut to crack . They were down to 10 much of second half and still managed to get through.

Would still fancy our chances though.

• Advertisement

After watching Porto against Juve , they look a tough nut to crack . They were down to 10 much of second half and still managed to get through.

Would still fancy our chances though.

blueser wrote: »
    Well done fellas,you got the draw everyone wanted. You'll have to be disappointed if you don't make the final now. I know I would be if City got that draw. I'd fancy us to turn over Porto, and either Madrid or Liverpool.

If you guys beat Dortmund it should be a cracking semi final so hard to call though maybe City slight favourites if it is PSG even if its Munich

Lot of work to be done but it's the ideal draw, on paper.

Porto are no mugs but Juve were awful against them.

Madrid/Pool, jaysus, id prefer to face neither as they're both more than capable to turn up on the night.

Just beat Porto and we can worry about the rest after that but for now, happy with the draw.

Pepe was their standout player - it will be interesting to see how he does against our attack.

I'm not overly worried about Porto because Juve have been dire under Pirlo, its a massive downgrade from Sarri to Pirlo.

Chiesa has been their standout player recently, and even though CR7 is a goal scoring machine, if he doesn't score, he's offering you nothing else.

I think the sum of parts, we're a better team than Juve and we've a vastly superior manager.

It'll still be a tough game playing Porto but if we approach it like we did Atelti and match that performance we should be in with a great shout of getting to another CL semi final.

• Advertisement

I saw the first leg and while Juve were bad, Porto were bunch of mad pressing machines

It's not a foregone conclusion even though it's still the most favourable draw, and being on the opposite side to City, Bayern and PSG does leave us in a fantastic position

We can't do a Spurs and think we'll get the job done against the "minnows" just because we're the "big boys", and I don't think Tuchel is that way inclined anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,022 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

blueser wrote: »

True enough... having said that I'd have fancied yee against Lyon, Spurs, Liverpool, and Monaco over the past four years too, so you just never know how things will work out. The joys of cup football!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Tubbs4

Strong team

E Mendy
    C Azpilicueta (c)
    A Christensen
    A Rüdiger
    B Chilwell
    N Kanté
    Jorginho
    C Pulisic
    H Ziyech
    M Mount
    K Havertz

Substitutes
    K Arrizabalaga
    M Alonso
    T Werner
    K Zouma
    M Kovacic
    O Giroud
    C Hudson-Odoi
    R James
    Emerson

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Tubbs4

Sky sports had the wrong team news as was too strong.

K Arrizabalaga
    A Christensen
    K Zouma
    B Chilwell
    C Hudson-Odoi
    M Kovacic
    B Gilmour
    Emerson
    M Mount (c)
    C Pulisic
    O Giroud
    Substitutes
    A Rüdiger
    M Alonso
    N Kanté
    T Werner
    W Caballero
    H Ziyech
    R James
    C Azpilicueta
    K Havertz

Sheffield have tighened up after the trashing from Leicester

Pulisic looking very lively .

I'm hoping for a couple more goals second half .

Made hard work of that second half , the tuchel train continues

went through the motions for a lot of it but job done

West Ham Arsenal drawing is good result for us for top 4.

Good few days for us.

chelsea v city in semi final draw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

peteeeed wrote: »
    chelsea v city in semi final draw

Got to beat them sometime

• Advertisement
Advertisement