Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2023/24

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Would prefer City in the semi than the final. Will be a tight game anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Easy, just beat City in the cup and CL, win both.

Tommy Tuchels blue army will march on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

How are Spurs that far up, what does a few top 4 finishes mean compared to the title wins of Liverpool and Leicester

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Killinator

Hate to say it but how are City not top?

Also that list having Everton over Leicester immediately makes it void in my opinion.

FFS there's 3 teams in there who haven't won a title between them in the 10 years instead of a team that actually has!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,022 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Killinator wrote: »
    Hate to say it but how are City not top?

Also that list having Everton over Leicester immediately makes it good in my opinion.

FFS there's 3 teams in there who haven't won a title between them in the 10 years instead of a team that actually has!

It does seem weird... I don't understand how you can have City below Chelsea, but also Liverpool below Spurs.

City have 4 leagues, 2 FA Cups, and 5 League Cups.
    Chelsea have 2 leagues and 2 FA Cups.

Chelsea do have a Champions League too - so you would imagine the weighting of the Champions League must be massively high as to overtake City's hefty advantage on domestic cups and leagues - BUT, if that's the case, then surely Liverpool's Champions League win alone would see them eclipse Spurs, especially when added to the League, and League Cup won in a time when Spurs have won nothing at all.

(This assumes they're counting the decade as 10/11 until 19/20, which would seem to make the most logical sense).

It will be a bit daft how our home and away game will be in the same place

For the second leg do the teams have to change dressing rooms since now there’s a different ‘home’ team?

Especially when both are in a neutral ground and we have players so burnt out already I’d have preferred straight knockout ties

• Advertisement

away goals all over the shop

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭bullpost

It will be a bit daft how our home and away game will be in the same place

For the second leg do the teams have to change dressing rooms since now there’s a different ‘home’ team?

Especially when both are in a neutral ground and we have players so burnt out already I’d have preferred straight knockout ties

I agree - more sensible in these cases to play one game.

He's been fantastic the last few weeks so that is a serious pity

Hopefully he comes back and doesn't lose a step cause he hasnt come back from other injuries too good the last couple years, takes him a while to get going again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

Jorginho an absolute liability out there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭TomSweeney

utter scutter, just when things start to look good for the club, normal service has resumed.

Sh1t club, midtable side - at best ...

F*ck this sh1t club

TomSweeney wrote: »
    utter scutter, just when things start to look good for the club, normal service has resumed.

F*ck this sh1t club

Don't let the door hit ya on the way out!

5/2 :D:D !!!

What a fckin joke

Shocking result but in a way I'm happy it's happened when it has.
    The team needed a wake up call and all this 'unbeaten' stuff has been hiding a lack of ability to finish off many games and was starting to believe it's own hype when there are still clear deficiencies in the team

Hopefully the team regroups and more importantly realises that they're still a lot if work to do

• Advertisement

Awful game and result.

Ref was an absolute disgrace too, no way Silva should have been sent off when Werner didn't get a penalty for a similar tackle in the WBA box.

Jorginho, Zouma, Alonso, James were all brutal, Jorginho was the worst of the lot but the other 3 ran him closez especially Zouma who cost us massively in a 90 yard punt from their GK, its probably the worst piece of defending I've seen by a Chelsea CB in years, who then went on to miss a sitter when we 4 2 down.

Top 4 race opened up again after today's result, especially as the GD has taken a massive hit.

F*ck this sh1t club

This is exactly the reason this forum has gone to shìt, call yourself a fan?

kev1.3s wrote: »
    This is exactly the reason this forum has gone to shìt, call yourself a fan?

Have to agree Kev. I can understand reactionary stuff to a degree, but Tom also posted this on the general thread 30 mins after full time which is a bit uncalled for

Reminds me of a monkey who used to be around a couple years back with the same kind of reactionary stuff

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=116779676&postcount=4217

F*ck this sh1t club

stay off the sherry grandad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Tubbs4

Not the end of the world. Showed zoumba should be gone as thought most goals were him out of position or not running back.
    Just unlucky today as kante also out. Werner needs some time off and get target practice in.

Still have faith get 4th and looking better than lampard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,498 ✭✭✭The Davestator

Tubbs4 wrote: »
    Not the end of the world. Showed zoumba should be gone as thought most goals were him out of position or not running back.
    Just unlucky today as kante also out. Werner needs some time off and get target practice in.

Still have faith get 4th and looking better than lampard.

Werner needs to be dropped! Ball bounces off him like a trampoline, rarely seen such a poor touch.

Made WBA look like Barcelona at times, very little leadership on show from any Chelsea players.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Poor poor performance sending off was fair enough but by the same token exactly the same foul on Werner goes unpunished in their area as Gav said. Perfect opportunity to bounce back on Wednesday it’s the Chelsea way we don’t do easy.

Probably doesnt matter if Tammy is fit, doesnt look to be fancied by TT

I want to see Havertz false 9 again, Werner on the left and Ziyech on the right, its our best frontline imo

• Advertisement

Big night tonight

7 years since we've last been here and it feels it, going to be a long day until 8pm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,826 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

I expect a 2 or 3 goal win.
    Put the result at the weekend behind them.

I'd take any win tonight.

A shock loss like the one at the weekend will hopefully fire a rocket up their arse and the XI who start put in a great shift.

Similar result to the Atelti game would be ideal.

For our CL hopes the loss at the weekend might have been the best thing for it

And you cant make excuses for a 5-2 loss like you could if they snuck it 1-0 and parked the bus

Id take a win of any kind and force them to have to come at us for the 2nd leg, since home and away for this are basically an arbitrary ‘advantage’ a win tonight as the away team would put us in the driving seat

Good win, well deserved.

half the job done , great win and the defence did really well

Great result if not the prettiest watch.

Defence was very very solid but did get lucky with one or two calls, mainly because the ref was sick of listening to the porto players and manager shrieking like stuck pigs every time there was a breeze against any of their players!

Thankfully Mount performed as the ball didn't stick at all up front

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Great result if not the prettiest watch.

Defence was very very solid but did get lucky with one or two calls, mainly because the ref was sick of listening to the porto players and manager shrieking like stuck pigs every time there was a breeze against any of their players!

Thankfully Mount performed as the ball didn't stick at all up front

Lucky enough with the pen but they were doing their best to win everything, we'll call it karma.

Havertz didn't offer enough up front at all, the only way that front 3 could work is if they're constantly rotating imo, Haverts as a false 9 is predictable, have him swapping with Mount & Werner the whole time and it's far harder to track.

• Advertisement

Great win for the lads!!!

Never had any doubt !!

Never had any doubt !!

;););)

Great win for the lads!!!

Never had any doubt !!

Not bad for a "mid table" side!

Not bad for a "mid table" side!

F*ck this sh1t club

ah i need to vent, id never support another club ..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭micknail

I suppose there is sense starting puli over Werner if you're not sure how long his hamstrings will last.

Well thats the best 10mins under Tuchel we've seen.

3rd goal now and the game is over.

I know its only 20 mins, but my god does Havertz look good today, thats an 80m player

Game over.

Be professional now for the next 50 or so mins and we can coast into the Porto game.

I know its only 20 mins, but my god does Havertz look good today, thats an 80m player

Where was that guy during the week?
    His touch and shot for the saved shot was sublime

• Advertisement
Advertisement