Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2023/24

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,079 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

First pen was an extremely soft pen, Sterling shouldn't have been on the pitch for the second incident to even have occurred, so fcuk him.

Has there been any update on Christensen injury?

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Killinator

Most of our problems would be solved if the coaches teach Timo the offside rule, 2 more offside goals yesterday.
    At one stage I think it was Hudson Odoi had the ball running at City defence with Timo running ahead a yard offside. And when Hudson Odoi lost the ball Timo was annoyed as to why he didn't get played in despite never being onside to recieve it at any stage!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Yea he is up there with Morata for offside can’t understand it he is so quick he will burn most defenders anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Timo was very good yesterday, the poor sod just can't buy a goal.

The interchange between the front three though is very fluid. I think Zieych was probably our worst player yesterday but he still scored so there's that. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Can you imagine Haaland in this team though, would be frightening. Werner could be used wide in rotation.

• Advertisement

Chelsea women cruising to the title. 3 nil up with half hour to play.

Edit: finished 5 nil.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

with giroud leaving and the likely hood of tammy on the way out too , at least one striker has to come in and all the rumours indicate a big signing

peteeeed wrote: »

A very likeable team too. Gonna try and bring my daughter and niece's to a game at Kingsmeadow next season if I can.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Tubbs4

Results going our way again. Good chance 4th wrapped up before last game so some rest for the players.

• Advertisement

peteeeed wrote: »
    with giroud leaving and the likely hood of tammy on the way out too , at least one striker has to come in and all the rumours indicate a big signing

Get a CF and we'll win the PL next year.

We'll need one anyway if they both leave.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Carpentry

not a bad stat

E0659FLX0AMW-hN?format=jpg&name=medium

Week before Lampard was sacked he said we weren't ready to compete.

>>
    <<

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Week before Lampard was sacked he said we weren't ready to compete.

>>
    <<

We weren't then, we are now.

We always were with the squad, it was/is a ridiculously stacked squad, we just didn't have the right manager to utilise the resources at his disposal.

Anyway, Lampard is yesterday's man, a failed manager but a legend as a player.

Tuchel will bring us to mad heights during hi tenure, hopefully.

You can count on one hand the amount of managers that have got us to a CL final, hopefully he can get us over the line.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

Get a CF and we'll win the PL next year.

We'll need one anyway if they both leave.

I would love to see Aguero , just don't let him take the pens 😉

As a back up it might sound daft but I reckon Benteke could do a really good job for us, he could certainly bring a different dimension and has half decent control and link up play. Sometimes you need a battering ram and he would do that well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

As a back up it might sound daft but I reckon Benteke could do a really good job for us, he could certainly bring a different dimension and has half decent control and link up play. Sometimes you need a battering ram and he would do that well.

jesus christ no :o we need to upgrade on timo/tammy/giroud/havertz as a group... I like the idea of something different off the bench but benteke isn't the one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,498 ✭✭✭The Davestator

He's been stealing a living for years, no thanks!

I feel he is a grossly underrated player Giroud will head off to where he can get a game. Tammy may get there but wont be for a while he needs to bulk up and learn how to control a ball, he is not close to the quality of Benteke at the . Whilst it is lovely to have 2 teams of A list players it is not always possible, break the bank on Haaland use Timo and Kai as false 9's from time to time and a workhorse who is happy to play second fiddle on the bench.

• Advertisement

I feel he is a grossly underrated player Giroud will head off to where he can get a game. Tammy may get there but wont be for a while he needs to bulk up and learn how to control a ball, he is not close to the quality of Benteke at the . Whilst it is lovely to have 2 teams of A list players it is not always possible, break the bank on Haaland use Timo and Kai as false 9's from time to time and a workhorse who is happy to play second fiddle on the bench.

13 goals and 8 assists since the 2017/18 season! (98 matches) 7 of those 13 this season.
    Its almost impossible to think of a worse striker during that same period, maybe Shane Long?

35 or 40 of them was as sub, when he gets a run of games he gets a lot of goals the previous season which you left out as it spoiled your stats he scored close on 1 goal in 2 games and better again with Villa. I think being a striker for Palace is never going to have glittering numbers.

Would I start him in a CL final - no against a team like the baggies yea maybe horses for courses and all that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,826 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Continue the Leicester raid tradition, bring in Iheanacho.
    Or Chris Wood. Geezer gets goals and he's got the Burnley team behind him.
    Wheres Jiménez, he'd be savage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Peter Crouch made more sense when we were linked with him in the Conte days, and that was ridiculous

If we’re gonna get in a backup striker who’ll never play he might as well be English

Charlie Austin is a Chelsea fan

Billy Sharp would be a bargain since he’s going down with the Blades

Jermaine Defoe is a league winner, proven pedigree. Could get us over the line

Peter Crouch made more sense when we were linked with him in the Conte days, and that was ridiculous

If we’re gonna get in a backup striker who’ll never play he might as well be English

Charlie Austin is a Chelsea fan

Billy Sharp would be a bargain since he’s going down with the Blades

Jermaine Defoe is a league winner, proven pedigree. Could get us over the line

Danny Ings

Benteke is a player that blows hot or cold . When he shows up he can be very good but mostly not :pac:

Giroud is a far more consistent player and I wish we could hang onto him for another year .

Yea Giroud is ideal in the role just can't see him staying

Not to worry lads , with talks of Salah returning should sort our scoring issues :rolleyes: :D

If ya want back up players, Mitrovic is our man.

>>
    <<

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,826 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Chris Wood.

you're all insane :)

tammy to west ham and we take Antonio

what will we get for batman ?

>>
    <<

That would be a decent call as well

>>
    <<

Lidl value range Costa wouldn't be the worst shout tbf

That would be a decent call as well

he's a nut case and he doesn't suit the system , same as giroud , the front 3 are swapping places all the time

Beat Arsenal tomorrow night and we'll be all but confirmed 4th.

Pool would be 10 pts behind with 4 games to play.

I'm assuming with the cup final on Saturday we'll be making a few rotations so not sure if we'll win but hopefully anyone who does play, puts in a serious performances so they have a chance of giving Tuchel a headache and maybe playing them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Tubbs4

Liverpool also have man u next after man u resting their team tonight. Should have enough for 4th at least unless we implode at the end of the season.

Utd putting out a weakened team for Leicester and losing meaning LFC are more unlikely to be in the CL and then UTD playing a strong team against LFC and killing their chances altogether is a funny sidenote!

It's pretty funny alright but Utd have a hectic schedule thanks in part to their fans.

I do enjoy the pettyness though of giving Leicester and easier game and sending out full strength against Liverpool which only makes sense if they get a result, otherwise it looks all sorts of idiotic. :o

Anyone else think we should do the same for the craic , full team out against Arsenal and save the B team for Leceister :D

Barr wrote: »
    Anyone else think we should do the same for the craic , full team out against Arsenal and save the B team for Leceister :D

B team tonight
    Full strength in the cup and league vs Leicester
    C team against Villa

Although I'll say, our B team should beat Arsenal, they've been unbelievably poor this year.

• Advertisement

There’s probably a deal to be done with Rodgers , roll over in the cup and we’ll “rest” Kante in the league

Everyone is a winner

I would go for it tonight win against Arsenal and we are all but home and hosed which will put a spring in the step. Depending on how other results go we could have two games then to rest players or at least one against Villa.

Lose tonight and Saturday doubt could creep in, Arsenal have had an awful season but they have done us too often to expect an easy ride. Now is not the time for complacency. I would rest Dave, Kante and Werner but that's it.

We've chopped and changed and beat City.

I'd expect a few of the lads from the weekend to play, hell, I'd play

Kepa
    Azpi Zouma Rudi
    Odoi Gilmour Mount Alonso
    Zieych Tammy Emerson

Bit mad but f**k it, we'd have plenty on the bench.

Although Mendy will probably start as Kepa has been the cup GK so I don't see Tuchel dropping him on Saturday.

Yea I would guess Mendy tonight and Kepa for the two games against Leicester.

I would go
    Mendy
    James, Rudi, Zouma, Dave, Brylcreem
    Gilmore, Jorginho
    Zieych, Havertz, Mount

Yea I would guess Mendy tonight and Kepa for the two games against Leicester.

I would go
    Mendy
    James, Rudi, Zouma, Dave, Brylcreem
    Gilmore, Jorginho
    Zieych, Havertz, Mount

Kepa wouldn't have got anywhere close to making the save Mendy did from Benzema in the second leg of the CL.

He shouldn't be playing in any meaningful game unless Mendy is injured IMO

Kepa has done well enough in the cup , I'd keep him in for the final

Kepa has done well enough in the cup , I'd keep him in for the final

Why risk playing a player far worse than the alternative??

Hopefully, TT sees sense. Kepa will get a medal anyway!

Bit harsh he has played 5 games under TT and not conceded

Why risk playing a player far worse than the alternative??

Hopefully, TT sees sense. Kepa will get a medal anyway!

He is not that bad :D

Mendy has improved a lot and it will be hard to shift his as no 1 at this point .

I'm pretty sure if Kepa got a good run under Tuchel we may very well see improvement as well.

I think its good management to play him for the final. He has earned it . Pep did the same with that American lad they had in goals during their cup run.

He is not that bad :D

Mendy has improved a lot and it will be hard to shift his as no 1 at this point .

I'm pretty sure if Kepa got a good run under Tuchel we may very well see improvement as well.

I think its good management to play him for the final. He has earned it . Pep did the same with that American lad they had in goals during their cup run.

Short memory!

https://www.sportbible.com/football/stats-fails-kepa-has-the-worst-save-percentage-in-premier-league-history-20200729

• Advertisement
Advertisement