Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2023/24

1525354555658»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Killinator

Almost don't want this season to end at the moment!!!

Great win for both the men and the women last night.

Only downside being Reece James' stupid kick out and resultant red card!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭RichT

Record Breakers!!!

We've amassed a record 102 yellow cards this season, beating Leeds 101 in the 2021/22.

With one game to go Wolves are on 99 yellows, but I think Caicedo and Cucurella will get us over the line.

Onwards and upwards!

Re Reece James, if his value is around €40 million and we absolutely have to sell someone for 'pure profit' then I'd be looking to offload him rather than Gallagher.

That red card was just plain stupid and not what I'd expect from a Chelsea Captain.

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭joeyboy11

I agree. I'd look to move him and Chilwell on. The last few seasons could have been o much better of they managed to stay fit but unfortunately they never will play a chuck of a season.

Mauricio Pochettino leaving by mutual consent 😶

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,022 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Wow… seems like a bad idea. Finally had the team starting to come together.

Chelsea already have a bunch of the Brighton background staff, so what odds they go for De Zerbi next since he's now available? Wouldn't be a bad one - though Poch himself seemed much more fitting as a longer term 'project' style manager, which is what Chelsea most look like with so many young players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,826 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

That's a disgrace of a decision. He got us up to 6th from last seasons 12th.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Corben Dallas

Poch leaving Chelsea… what a poor decision. The 'Instant Success' mantra rolls on, they will never be a regular Top 4 team if they keep firing their managers. Pochettino was turning it around with a strong core of a team and now a new manager will have to start again from scratch.

Plus Tuchel was wasted on Chelsea, team didn't let him just do his job. The Chelsea owners could have a lot to learn about basic competency of how to run a Football Club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭mobby

No tears from me. All that money and we just make the Europa or conference league. Don't think he was a Chelsea man. Wouldn't surprise me to see him back at Spurs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭Sandor Clegane

Chopping and changing managers worked under Roman because you had a core of big, experienced players in the team…this team doesn't have that, it finally looked like it was clicking and now this happens, its a ludicrous decision and is probably going to set us back next season now, most likely another season in transition with another new manager at the end of it all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭mobby

Heard the story was he went to the board with a list of new players he wanted, was told no way, and so walked, be interesting to see his next move.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭bullpost

Seems the desire to depart was more him than the board. Whoever comes in now has still got to build a team and will probably be doing it with no say in what players are in. Doesnt look good for the future of the club under this ownership.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,498 ✭✭✭The Davestator

Don't let the last few weeks fool you, the season was mostly shocking and we still can't defend. Lots of injuries yes, but plenty of quality players like Enzo and Caicedo and we looked poor for the most part.

I'd have given him until Christmas myself, but 6th with that squad is a poor enough return

You just have to laugh at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,745 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Two Enzos

Not sure about this new system. Seems to me the head coach ends up being the fall guy. The suits in the stand are almost picking the team and up to coach to get results. Results dont go well he gets the chop, even if he doesnt fancy the players.

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭jonnreeks

Enzo Maresca will be appointed the new manager of Chelsea today according to respected Spanish football journalist, author, and pundit Guillem Balague!

Yeah its pretty obvious the higher ups only want a puppet coach/manager, the style of play, the system, the players brought in are all picked by the suits, very unlikely to work out tbh, this is a gamble there was no need to take, this guys only claim to fame is getting Leicester promoted, that and he's worked under Pep.

Yep. And tactics may be the least of it.

Players on 8 year contracts, on silly money.

Will they work hard for the new guy if they are unhappy with Poch leaving?

Will the fans give him time to bed in, particularly as it looks like favourites like Gallagher will now be sold.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,498 ✭✭✭The Davestator

A very satisfying win on Saturday night and good to see Sancho come on and make an immediate impact. If Nkunku can stay fit for more than 1 game at a time, it might be an interesting season

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Good to win when not playing that well too

Sancho has surely earned a start ahead of Neto at LW

I'd hope to see a 3 of Palmer, Nkunku and Sancho behind Jackson. Madueke and Neto good subs then to make an impact

With our Conference league games I'd expect us to nearly be fielding a different XI every Thursday vs what will then play at the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭Tomw86

Saturday was the type of match we would've lost without a whimper last season so it is good to see us playing badly and winning.

Bournemouth were very good but Maresca made the changes and they were all effective - obviously will take a bit of working out as to what his best starting 11 is but I would like to see Nkunku start next week against West Ham in place of Jackson with real wingers (Sancho/Neto/Madueke) wide and Palmer in behind.

I'm not saying that would be my preferred 11 as Jackson offers a huge amount but Nkunku deserves to get a run of games to see what he can do now that he's fully fit and without injury!

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭Tomw86

Also to note Tosin looked solid and may end up forming a partnership with Colwill if Fofana isn't up to it after a couple of mistakes on Saturday from him.

Advertisement