Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GAA Betting

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Rasputin11

365 have Lynch at 5/1 to score a goal, looks a bit high.

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭Capt. Autumn

Rasputin11 wrote: »
    365 have Lynch at 5/1 to score a goal, looks a bit high.

Even better on Boyle. 15/2

Waterford 9/2 on Boyle.

It's luring me to the rocks.

HREcs6.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Hard to see Waterford winning this now without De Burca.

Waterford were available in-play at 13/2 after 25 minutes and yet go into the dressing room at half-time only three points down having spurned a chance to equalise the game in the final minute of extra time.

I really don't understand these odds. They make no sense whatsoever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭ianburke

matched higher than 10/1 on betfair and even at 25/1

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,246 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

40 gone, taking over 1.5 goals at 11/10, medium bet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,535 ✭✭✭dobman88

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    40 gone, taking over 1.5 goals at 11/10, medium bet.

I like it. Waterford will have to go for it before the game gets away from them and could leave them a bit exposed at the back. I dont usually punt hurling cos I know nothing about it but I will cheer that bet for you. GL

Waterford +9 is unmissable at the water break

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,246 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Not a sniff of a win!!!

waterford chasing goals cost that handicap bet

Waterford +9 is unmissable at the water break

Waterford going for goals in every attack in the last 15 minutes.
    You wouldn't see such naive tactics in an under/12 game. Ridiculous.

Waterford and the great art of under-performing in All-Irelands. The hurling companion of Mayo in football.

to be fair to mayo they've only lost the last 3 finals to the greatest ever team by 1pt. if anything theyv'e overperformed in them when you consider the team they are playing and having been massive underdogs in all 3 including next weekend's final

• Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭Danick

Waterford and the great art of under-performing in All-Irelands. The hurling companion of Mayo in football.

Waterford were close enough to Galway in 2017 final as well - I think they don't think they underperformed that day either.

Waterford got their tactics wrong but that handicap was a very dangerous bet

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭47akak

That's nonsense. Limerick played next level, new era hurling - something everyone else is going to have to adapt to. Total domination. Tactically, physically, skill level wise. Waterford didn't underperform save shot choice in the last 15 minutes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭mjp

Talking through your pocket here mate !!! Nonsense as limerick were atleast a 10 points better side that them today. They needed a goal to get them back into the match but didn't come for them. Limericks bench were always going to have a big impact as have done in all their matches which made this a risky bet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Same As

Same As wrote: »
    Boylan All Ireland Hurling Final Selections 13/12/2020:

Limerick to win by one to six points (Limerick vs Waterford)
    3pts 7-5 Bet365 -3

Limerick to lead at half time and full time (Limerick vs Waterford)
    3pts 10-11 Bet365 +2.73

Draw at half time, Limerick to lead at full time (Limerick vs Waterford)
    1pt 18-1 BoyleSports -1

Under 2.5 total goals (Limerick vs Waterford)
    1pt 7-4 Paddy Power +1.75

Under 1.5 Waterford goals (Limerick vs Waterford)
    1pt 4-5 Paddy Power +0.8

A penalty to be awarded (Limerick vs Waterford)
    1pt 9-4 Paddy Power -1

Cian Lynch to be RTE Man of the Match (Limerick vs Waterford)
    1pt 15-2 Paddy Power -1

-0.72 today for Boylan today. I will update all outrights whenever Player of the Year, All Stars etc have all been finalised, whenever that is.

Running Profit Loss for Racing Post Tipsters (Excluding Outright Selections in Post #266 & Post #557):

Jennings Total Points Staked: 216.5
    Jennings Profit/Loss: +12.19
    Jennings Total Selections: 97
    Jennings Total Winners: 36
    %: 37.11%

Boylan Total Points Staked: 127
    Boylan Profit/Loss: -14.4
    Boylan Total Selections: 74
    Boylan Total Winners: 25
    %: 33.78%

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭RIALTO1

ianburke wrote: »
    waterford chasing goals cost that handicap bet

Happens a lot doesn't it in hurling. Team are down by 7/8 and go for goals. Cork were the same against Waterford earlier on in the championship. Other team happy to sit deep and pick off points (don't commit men forward for goals). Markets like total points for chasing team, total points overall, and handicaps must offer value in those circumstances. Total points was on 25 at HT, and under over was 51.5 (Boils were 49.5). 15 points in first 16 mins of 2nd half, only 9 after. Waterford scored 4 points in last 27 mins.

Not much use for this year, but interesting to keep an eye on (particularly in Limerick games where they seem happy to score points).

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Frozen Veg

Big gulf today even more than the final score imo.

Limerick if they wanted had a number of goal chances which they chose to tap over.

Limerick would also be disappointed with the number of frees conceded.

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭liosnagceann75

Hurling betting thread. Not a general discussion thread

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭kilkenny34

Dubs minus 5 v Mayo bet365,surely a great bet?I actually backed Mayo in a few of the big games a few years ago and were so unlucky but they are gone back a fair bit since.Alot of these new guys have never been tested and could get a rude awakening.Also the oldervwarriors Boyle,Moran etc missing.I think it will be similar to yesterday Dubs easing clear early on.PP have a special,Dubs win by 10 or more 11/4 but I'm happy with the -5.

What are Kilkenny's u20 team like this year?

They are 3/1 v Galway who beat a terrible Laois dude.

dubs outright at 1/4 for me. stake has to be much bigger but i'm not getting involved with handicaps involving these two teams - would be a down a fortune on recent finals even if i'd been taking the dubs -1:eek::eek:

Frozen Veg wrote: »
    What are Kilkenny's u20 team like this year?

They are 3/1 v Galway who beat a terrible Laois dude.

Quite good in my opinion.Galway were strong v Laois and the game will bring them.on no matter how one sided it is.I cant ever remember us being 3/1 in a game of hurling,that's massive.what bookie is that with?pp have Galway 11/8 n us 9/4 outright leinster so the 3s doesn't make sense.

I see it's with boyles,you could actually back Galway 11/8 n kk 3s in match betting and u will be up.winner wins leinster.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭DubCount

kilkenny34 wrote: »
    Dubs minus 5 v Mayo bet365,surely a great bet?I actually backed Mayo in a few of the big games a few years ago and were so unlucky but they are gone back a fair bit since.Alot of these new guys have never been tested and could get a rude awakening.Also the oldervwarriors Boyle,Moran etc missing.I think it will be similar to yesterday Dubs easing clear early on.PP have a special,Dubs win by 10 or more 11/4 but I'm happy with the -5.

Dont think this is as clear cut as you are making out. Dublin have not played a top 5/6 team this year. Before this season I would have said only Kerry/Mayo/Galway/Donegal/Tyrone could beat Dublin and I have seen nothing to change my mind. On a given day, Mayo do have the quality to win this one-off game, and they have been pretty close over recent years. Where Dublin do have strength is knowing how to see out a tight game. That's what I expect here. For me, Mayo plus 5 is a better bet. Besides, what could be more "Mayo" than winning an All Ireland they cant celebrate and can moan about for another 50 years :-)

DubCount wrote: »
    Dont think this is as clear cut as you are making out. Dublin have not played a top 5/6 team this year. Before this season I would have said only Kerry/Mayo/Galway/Donegal/Tyrone could beat Dublin and I have seen nothing to change my mind. On a given day, Mayo do have the quality to win this one-off game, and they have been pretty close over recent years. Where Dublin do have strength is knowing how to see out a tight game. That's what I expect here. For me, Mayo plus 5 is a better bet. Besides, what could be more "Mayo" than winning an All Ireland they cant celebrate and can moan about for another 50 years :-)

They beat Mayo by 10 last year and they haven't improved by that much. I'd expect -5 to sail in and wouldn't be surprised to see the Dubs win by 10+

think mayo had played 6 out of 7 weekends in a row so i'd give them the benefit of the doubt there. think they led at halftime and had no legs second half. i expect a dublin win because they always beat mayo in finals - but i think the bookies have the handicaps spot on. dublin to lift the cup at 1/4 all the way for me - at a guess i would expect a 5 point win but no more

if mayo start well i would be looking to get on the dubs -1 or 2 in running if the opportunity presents.

dobman88 wrote: »
    They beat Mayo by 10 last year and they haven't improved by that much. I'd expect -5 to sail in and wouldn't be surprised to see the Dubs win by 10+

I was at that game. Dublin were 2 points down at half time and had a 15 minute amazing spell at the beginning of the second half where they scored 2-6 without reply. They dont always hit a purple patch like that and outside that 15 minutes, it was nip and tuck.

Anyway, thats the joy of sport and betting. One of us will be richer and one of us poorer !!

I was at that game. Dublin were 2 points down at half time and had a 15 minute amazing spell at the beginning of the second half where they scored 2-6 without reply. They dont always hit a purple patch like that and outside that 15 minutes, it was nip and tuck.

Anyway, thats the joy of sport and betting. One of us will be richer and one of us poorer !!

Fair enough. I just feel Dublin are the complete package and it will be a bigger scoreline than the last 2 finals of 6 points each. If it's a close game and Dublin win by 1 or 2, that would be more of a surprise to me than them winning by 10

• Advertisement

kilkenny34 wrote: »
    Quite good in my opinion.Galway were strong v Laois and the game will bring them.on no matter how one sided it is.I cant ever remember us being 3/1 in a game of hurling,that's massive.what bookie is that with?pp have Galway 11/8 n us 9/4 outright leinster so the 3s doesn't make sense.

Watched that game, Laois were so poor, wouldn't read much into that result. This Galway team are nothing special.

KK 6/4 with PP, got on at 3/1 with Boyles.

dobman88 wrote: »

Mayo have improved, 3/4 very good young players.

Dublin have lost McCaffrey and Connolly.

All that said Dublin for the win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,328 ✭✭✭Did you smash it

Mayo have improved, 3/4 very good young players.

Dublin have lost McCaffrey and Connolly.

All that said Dublin for the win.

Mayo have lost Andy Moran, Keith Higgins while Colm Boyle and Lee Keegan are diminished forces. I’d dispute whether they have improved off their 2015 or so peak.

There is little proof to me that Tommy Conroy will live at the level Dublin will bring.

Mccaffrey should be a huge lost to any normal team. Connolly never really reached his potential vs Mayo so in this match I’m not sure he’s missed at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭mountgomery burns

6/1 on Waterford to beat Tipp in u20. At home, in the depths of winter which is a variable that I dunno what way to add up.

It's based on the trimming last year which was a very young Waterford team. Since then Tipp have lost Cadell, Morgan, Jake Morris, Billy Seymour who all were in with their seniors this year. Still clearly have a good team based on that second half v Clare so deserving favourites.

But we have no form line for this age group, and Waterford beat Tipp in the minors in 18 and last year there was only 3 points in it in Thurles. There's a belief there are some good hurlers on the Waterford side here so just think that price is a few points too big.

Disclaimer, Waterford man here so tread with caution!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭mountgomery burns

6/1 on Waterford to beat Tipp in u20. At home, in the depths of winter which is a variable that I dunno what way to add up.

It's based on the trimming last year which was a very young Waterford team. Since then Tipp have lost Cadell, Morgan, Jake Morris, Billy Seymour who all were in with their seniors this year. Still clearly have a good team based on that second half v Clare so deserving favourites.

But we have no form line for this age group, and Waterford beat Tipp in the minors in 18 and last year there was only 3 points in it in Thurles. There's a belief there are some good hurlers on the Waterford side here so just think that price is a few points too big.

F*CK me that was absolutely cruel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭spurshero

Watched that game, Laois were so poor, wouldn't read much into that result. This Galway team are nothing special.

KK 6/4 with PP, got on at 3/1 with Boyles.

As a galway person I can tell ya that it’s a fairly highly rated team . Everyone of the 15 starters last week along with some of the bench has all Ireland minor medal . It’s a strong bench as well . I’m not saying they will defo beat kk tomo night but I can say for sure that this group are looking at anything other then an all Ireland win this season as a failure . Having said all that I wouldn’t personally ever lay any kk team at 5 to 2. Should be a good game .

spurshero wrote: »
    As a galway person I can tell ya that it’s a fairly highly rated team . Everyone of the 15 starters last week along with some of the bench has all Ireland minor medal . It’s a strong bench as well . I’m not saying they will defo beat kk tomo night but I can say for sure that this group are looking at anything other then an all Ireland win this season as a failure . Having said all that I wouldn’t personally ever lay any kk team at 5 to 2. Should be a good game .

I wouldn't bet against that Galway team - one of the most talented groups of players to ever come out of the county coupled with one of the best managers in the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭jacool

Dublin -3 1/2
    Dublin -4 4/6
    Dublin -5 10/11
    Dublin -6 23/20

The handicap draws are 11/1 for each of these outcomes, giving a 2/1 price for Dublin to win by between 3 and 6 points.
    Wondering if the Dubs want to run away with the game or not?

I'll be watching this with a woman from Castlebar who was a teenager when Mayo last won!
    My biggest fear is another 1 point Dublin win.
    If Dublin are to win, I'd prefer a game like last weekend where I can stop watching after 20 minutes when the result looked obvious.

Great spot and cruelly unlucky it didn't land. Hope you went with the handicap as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,857 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Any sign of tips on the final by Jennings or the other guy? Only 48 hours away now...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Same As

Jennings Selections 19/12/2020:

Under 39.5 points (Dublin vs Mayo)
    5pts 5-6 Paddy Power

Under 30.5 points (Dublin vs Mayo)
    1pt 8-1 Boylesports

Tommy Conroy under 1.5 points (Dublin vs Mayo)
    2pts 6-4 Boylesports

Running Profit Loss for Racing Post Tipsters (Excluding Outright Selections in Post #266 & Post #557):

Same As wrote: »
    Jennings Selections 19/12/2020:

Under 39.5 points (Dublin vs Mayo)
    5pts 5-6 Paddy Power

Under 30.5 points (Dublin vs Mayo)
    1pt 8-1 Boylesports

Tommy Conroy under 1.5 points (Dublin vs Mayo)
    2pts 6-4 Boylesports

Can't stand unders bets - that 8/1 doesn't stand a chance

Danick wrote: »
    Can't stand unders bets - that 8/1 doesn't stand a chance

I can only assume its a weather bet. If its wet and windy that might keep the score down (like 2015 final). It is December after all.

PP free 5 euro bet on the game, l'll go with both teams to score a goal in each half at 9/1

I can only assume its a weather bet. If its wet and windy that might keep the score down (like 2015 final). It is December after all.

True - it's December but that's still a very low scoreline - not a huge difference weather wise in the last 2 weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭mjp

Danick wrote: »
    True - it's December but that's still a very low scoreline - not a huge difference weather wise in the last 2 weeks.

Shocking bet like most of his selections throughout the year. Even with it being December and have seen it with other matches teams are still scoring heavily enough.

Like the conroy bet as think he will suffer with dublin's pace and physicality and won't get space head got in earlier games.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Jfk66

Dublin u20 v Galway u20

Ciaran Archer over 5.5 points 5/6
    Matthew Tiernay over 4.5 10/11

2 good bets IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭liosnagceann75

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    PP free 5 euro bet on the game, l'll go with both teams to score a goal in each half at 9/1

Going to put on €10 as a no lose free bet. Thinking of putting it on the MOTM. I was thinking of backing 1 from Fitzsimmons, Byrne and Murchan in the hope that they will keep O Shea and O Connor fairly quiet. Any thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭salmon1

Really fancy the Galway u20 today,I know kerry were missing a few in the semi due to covid but so were Galway and they come back into the squad for today 11/8 will do for me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭Happyilylost

salmon1 wrote:
    Really fancy the Galway u20 today,I know kerry were missing a few in the semi due to covid but so were Galway and they come back into the squad for today 11/8 will do for me

Hopefully. The loss of James McLaughlin is huge though. Like the seniors going to battle without Shane Walsh. On the bright side he was one missing against Kerry and his replacement got man of the match. So you never know.

• Advertisement
Advertisement