Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GAA Betting

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭pablo24

kilkenny34 wrote: »
    Hope you still punted.I didnt imagine that full time scoreline.Young Irelands won,unfortunately on penalties.Lot of draws in KK this year.

I actually left it off on the end unfortunately but those are the breaks! Was looking at Ballyhale, Graigue BallyC and Tullaroan in KK this week maybe? Graigue BallyC maybe a tough one but at 10/11 Look a touch big? (Follow most club championships but not from KK hence the questions) cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭kilkenny34

pablo24 wrote: »
    I actually left it off on the end unfortunately but those are the breaks! Was looking at Ballyhale, Graigue BallyC and Tullaroan in KK this week maybe? Graigue BallyC maybe a tough one but at 10/11 Look a touch big? (Follow most club championships but not from KK hence the questions) cheers!

Would agree with Ballyhale and Tullaroan ,Tullaroan opened up 4/6 with boyles last night..already 4/9though. R Hogan pulled his hamstring Sunday prob the reason for that. The relegation semi is hard to know.Ballycallan are a very average team.The Rower hammered them last year.All depends if any of their injuries clear up and I might be mad after last weekend but if they can get at least 2 of the county lads back Evens would be the bet for me.
    Ballyhale 6/4 outright with Ladbrokes is a great bet.They will be tested but hard to see them not completing 3 in a row.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭ciaran1988

Would agree with Ballyhale and Tullaroan ,Tullaroan opened up 4/6 with boyles last night..already 4/9though. R Hogan pulled his hamstring Sunday prob the reason for that. The relegation semi is hard to know.Ballycallan are a very average team.The Rower hammered them last year.All depends if any of their injuries clear up and I might be mad after last weekend but if they can get at least 2 of the county lads back Evens would be the bet for me.
    Ballyhale 6/4 outright with Ladbrokes is a great bet.They will be tested but hard to see them not completing 3 in a row.

What stage is Kilkenny championship at? Has Ballyhale moved much since opening Outright price

ciaran1988 wrote: »
    What stage is Kilkenny championship at? Has Ballyhale moved much since opening Outright price

Q finals this weekend.All the teams you would expect there are there.They were best priced 11/10 before the start with bar one.Odds on all other firms,so 6/4 now is good value although the went as big as 7/4 before last weekends games.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

Pp throwing up a touch of value again this weekend in wicklow local bookies have both avondale and arklow priced up @4/9 to win their semis boyles have avondale(1/2) arklow(8/15) pp avondale(8/15) arklow(8/13) would see arklow being the safer of the 2 tinahely are a tricky one to predict after toppling Pat's in the last round

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭pablo24

Cheers, actually got the 4/6 on Tullaroan and left GB out of the bet. Have them in with Ballyhale, Cuala and Nenagh at around 15/4

Took your advice on Ballyhale and added them in a few outright accums

Ballyhale 6/4
    Nenagh 7/4
    St Thomas’ 2/1

Works out 19.63/1 (PP)

Am aware that Nenagh have a reputation of having a bit of a soft Underbelly and have struggled to follow up on big performances through the years but any team that’s leading Thurles 3-7 to a point at half time will take serious beating in any championship.

Another question actually, do you have any idea on whether Ger Aylward is back in action at the weekend? I know he was struggling with a hamstring injury for a while.

pablo24 wrote: »
    Cheers, actually got the 4/6 on Tullaroan and left GB out of the bet. Have them in with Ballyhale, Cuala and Nenagh at around 15/4

Took your advice on Ballyhale and added them in a few outright accums

Ballyhale 6/4
    Nenagh 7/4
    St Thomas’ 2/1

Works out 19.63/1 (PP)

Am aware that Nenagh have a reputation of having a bit of a soft Underbelly and have struggled to follow up on big performances through the years but any team that’s leading Thurles 3-7 to a point at half time will take serious beating in any championship.

Another question actually, do you have any idea on whether Ger Aylward is back in action at the weekend? I know he was struggling with a hamstring injury for a while.

Think Ger is not available cant be 100% though.You got value on Tullaroan,1/4 now.I just have no clue hoe The Rower and Ballycallan will go until throw in when the teams are known.

Senior games look to be priced accurately,handicap gone from 4 to 5 in Ballyhale game,although last week would have been no help to them.Clara are a good solid senior team albeit past their best.

Only value bet I can see is Young Irelands Gowran in the inter q final.13/8.Had em last weekend but only won on penalties,they beat Ballyragget though who are only just down from senior and pushed Tullaroan all the way last season only bet by a point.Think bookies have overreacted to Lisdowneys Shield final win.Those game are like challenge matches compared to championship.

Good luck with Nenagh and St .Thomas,Tipp seems to be very open since Thurles came back to the pack ,was on Kilruane myself but they didnt push on.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 KOTS3

Got Westport at 13/8. Moved into 5/4. Wasn’t very impressed with Breaffy against ballagh and they might struggle.

Courtwood at 7/4 seems to be good value aswell.scored 1-17 out the last day but lost on goals. Killeshin without Stephen attride

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭CBear1993

Tyrone football Live on RTE this evening should be good viewing. Very competitive club championship, arguably thee most competitive in the country

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,535 ✭✭✭dobman88

dobman88 wrote: »
    Wouldnt claim to be very well informed but they're hurling only and definitely the powerhouse imho. They lost to Kildalkey by 2 in their opening game and being drawn in the same group as Kildalkey is rotten luck in itself as Kildalkey and Kiltale would be top 2. Ratoath wont have anywhere near enough to beat them and you should be safe enough to have them in.

Kiltale won 5 in a row 2014-2018. Lost to Kildalkey in the final last year going for 6 in a row.

Shows what I know. Ratoath beat Kiltale 2 weeks ago and Kildalkey this week and see themselves into the semi final.

Reigning football champions and have the Senior double on with both sides in the semis so the GAA seems to be in a very good place in Ratoath

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭CBear1993

Nenagh eire og.... aye

Young Ireland bet by 3.Man sent off with 15 mins left,straight red and must have hit at least 12 more wides than Lisdowney.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 617 ✭✭✭BoroMan32

Paddy Power first up with the prices for the Kilkenny Hurling Semi Finals...

They've got Dicksboro at 7/4 against O'Loughlins (4/7); can't see that price lasting. 50/50 game to my eye, the Boro were very impressive last week. Won't be much in it, but the prices look wrong.

BoroMan32 wrote: »
    Paddy Power first up with the prices for the Kilkenny Hurling Semi Finals...

They've got Dicksboro at 7/4 against O'Loughlins (4/7); can't see that price lasting. 50/50 game to my eye, the Boro were very impressive last week. Won't be much in it, but the prices look wrong.

100% agree,if ever a game was evens both teams this is it.Prob have a small bet on a draw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Same As

I think Kilcummin are overpriced at 10/3 against Templenoe in the Senior Club relegation playoff in Kerry and worth a few quid for the value if anything.

Elsewhere, Mid Kerry are overpriced versus Dr Crokes, who are due to be missing a few again. Mid Kerry have one injury doubt to a key player, but at 5/2 they are worth a squeak.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 boom92

Same As wrote: »
    I think Kilcummin are overpriced at 10/3 against Templenoe in the Senior Club relegation playoff in Kerry and worth a few quid for the value if anything.

Elsewhere, Mid Kerry are overpriced versus Dr Crokes, who are due to be missing a few again. Mid Kerry have one injury doubt to a key player, but at 5/2 they are worth a squeak.

Any thoughts on St. Brendan's vs East Kerry? Brendan's seem to be going well and Clifford will be a massive loss for EK.

boom92 wrote: »
    Any thoughts on St. Brendan's vs East Kerry? Brendan's seem to be going well and Clifford will be a massive loss for EK.

Brendans also have a great chance for sure and are a good price too at 11/4. David Clifford & Liam Kearney are two big losses for East Kerry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭Boom__Boom

Same As wrote: »
    Brendans also have a great chance for sure and are a good price too at 11/4. David Clifford & Liam Kearney are two big losses for East Kerry.

Is Kearney definitely out?

I'd say he would nearly be a bigger loss than Clifford given Brendan's midfield.

Might be worth waiting until before throw-in and seeing if Kearney is out.

Boom__Boom wrote: »
    Is Kearney definitely out?

I'd say he would nearly be a bigger loss than Clifford given Brendan's midfield.

Might be worth waiting until before throw-in and seeing if Kearney is out.

My understanding is that he dislocated either his shoulder or elbow in the game vs Feale Rangers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭Boom__Boom

Anyone fancing a bet on Mid Kerry might want to move fast.

Serious blow to Crokes.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/gaa/arid-40045463.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

• Advertisement

Think the 2 underdogs in Dublin football are value.St Judes 2/1 and Ballymun 6/4 boylesports.Judes desperately need to win county at this stage,seem to be in the semis most years,final 2 years ago.Ballyboden not too impressive the last day ,St Judes will be defensive and if there is a total points market the unders should be popular.
    Ballymun seem to have underachieved in recent years but having the county lads training with them full time seems to be a big help.Great second half performance to beat a good Na Fianna team last week.
    In KK Danesfort 15/8 pp look to too big v Ballycallan they have been performing better since the season started and Id expect Richie to play some part.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 MevinLegend

Clane in Kildare football are worth putting in an acca. They're 2/5 against Castledermot which is short I know but there is really no chance of Castledermot getting a result. Winner of this game gets to quarter final and Clane are a great up and coming team with bright future. They beat Monasterevin by 20 points while Castledermot were drawing at half time with them and in the end won by 13 points but Monasterevin are major relegation candidates with small panel. Clane narrowly beaten by Athy by a point while Castledermot never worried them, Athy beating them by 10.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Lundstram

In the final round of group games in the Kildare SFC, Carbury are 8/11 to beat Maynooth today. Skewed odds in my opinion. Carbury need a win to progress while Maynooth sit bottom of the table with 2 losses from 2. They did however run Moorefield to 5 points the last day out. This is probably why the odds are decent. Carbury are a battle hardened senior team while Maynooth usually languish around or just above relegaton most seasons.

Carbury by 7.

Prediction for the other 7 games:

Sarsfields to beat Larries by 12
    Johnstownbridge to beat Eadestown by 14
    Moorefield to beat Raheens by 6
    Celbridge to beat Naas by 3
    Towers to beat Confey by 2
    Clane to beat Castledermot by 6
    Athy to beat Monasterevin by 18 (PP not offering odds for this for some reason)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭mountgomery burns

Doon lost Darragh O Donovan last week who was a massive loss based on their outing against Patrickswell last month where he was man of the match.

They should have beaten the County champions that day, and while they had a hard fought game last weekend they pulled away at the end.

Kilmallock have been impressive in their two games this year , but they haven't played a competitive game in over a month. That is a huge handicap in my view. Going to go small on this.

Doon 5/2

Lundstram wrote: »
    In the final round of group games in the Kildare SFC, Carbury are 8/11 to beat Maynooth today. Skewed odds in my opinion. Carbury need a win to progress while Maynooth sit bottom of the table with 2 losses from 2. They did however run Moorefield to 5 points the last day out. This is probably why the odds are decent. Carbury are a battle hardened senior team while Maynooth usually languish around or just above relegaton most seasons.

Carbury by 7.

Prediction for the other 7 games:

Sarsfields to beat Larries by 12
    Johnstownbridge to beat Eadestown by 14
    Moorefield to beat Raheens by 6
    Celbridge to beat Naas by 3
    Towers to beat Confey by 2
    Clane to beat Castledermot by 6
    Athy to beat Monasterevin by 18 (PP not offering odds for this for some reason)
    Carbury win 2-13 to 2-11. They were losing 2-7 to 0-5 midway through the second half but Eoghan O'Flaherty scored two goals in a minute to get them back into it. An absolute rollercoaster. Had a sizeable amount on this so a cold shower needed. :D

Raheens beat Moorefield by one. That was 1/14. Biggest shock of the championship. Moorefield were already through, though, and they now face Sarsfields in the QFs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭mountgomery burns

Doon lost Darragh O Donovan last week who was a massive loss based on their outing against Patrickswell last month where he was man of the match.

They should have beaten the County champions that day, and while they had a hard fought game last weekend they pulled away at the end.

Kilmallock have been impressive in their two games this year , but they haven't played a competitive game in over a month. That is a huge handicap in my view. Going to go small on this.

Doon 5/2

Doon win

Doon win

Good call,won well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Rasputin11

What price were Rosenallis to beat Borris Kilcotton in Laois SHC?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 407 ✭✭razorhead

Lundstram wrote: »
    Carbury win 2-13 to 2-11. They were losing 2-7 to 0-5 midway through the second half but Eoghan O'Flaherty scored two goals in a minute to get them back into it. An absolute rollercoaster. Had a sizeable amount on this so a cold shower needed. :D

Raheens beat Moorefield by one. That was 1/14. Biggest shock of the championship. Moorefield were already through, though, and they now face Sarsfields in the QFs.

Moorefield play JTB in q/f whilst Sarsfields play Raheens

• Advertisement

QF stage of the SFC and IFC in Kildare this weekend. Not much value to be had in the SFC apart from maybe a generous 2/5 on Moorefield to beat Johnstownbridge. JTB tend to fold at the sight of either Newbridge team. Interesting to see PP offering odds on the relegation semi between Maynooth and Eadestown. Maynooth are 4/7, I'll be having some of that myself.

In the IFC, Two Mile House v Clogherinkoe is a very interesting matchup. TMH's form has not been great, stumbled passed Nurney and Sallins in the last two rounds and were hammered by Allenwood in Round 1. Clogherinkoe lost the last day out in dramatic fashion to Leixlip but they were hugely impressive previous to that. Most notably, hammering outright favorites St. Kevins 5-12 o 0-9. I think they'll beat TMH with a bit to spare. 4/5 is too good to turn down.

My double for the weekend:

Maynooth 4/7
    Clogherinkoe 4/5

Advertisement