Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recovered Covid person doing work in my home

Options
  • 30-05-2020 4:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭

I am due to have work done inside my home in mid-June by a person whom I know had Covid but has now recovered.

I am not sure that letting the person into my home is in accord with the lockdown rules that will be in force in mid-June.

However, leaving that aside for the moment, is it reasonably safe to let this person, as compared to say a person who has never been sick or been tested, come in to do the work?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭champchamp

I am due to have work done inside my home in mid-June by a person whom I know had Covid but has now recovered.

I am not sure that letting the person into my home is in accord with the lockdown rules that will be in force in mid-June.

However, leaving that aside for the moment, is it reasonably safe to let this person, as compared to say a person who has never been sick or been tested, come in to do the work?

It's safer as you know they will not give you the virus, someone that hasn't had the virus could transmit it to you if they were in the early stages of it without knowing...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭Pauliedragon

Mid June people can visit homes however whether it's safe to let someone in who has had the virus it's a how long is a piece of string question. Even the medical community are still trying to figure this virus out. Personally I would be cautious but it depends on how urgent the job is I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭Hmmzis

Since recovered people haven't been reported to infect naïve individuals, I'd say it's safe. Otherwise they could not be even considered recovered.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭Boulevardier

Thanks for those replies. I am probably going to go ahead with the work in Mid June, but not before.

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭eddie73

People thinking that it is not safe to allow a recovered covid 19 person into their house should consider the same caution with people who have recovered from the flu and any other illness you care to mention. Just making the point, that there has got to be a cut off point to scrutiny of this illness. It can't run your life.

• Advertisement
Advertisement