Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Premier League Draft - GROUP A

• 30-05-2020 7:09pm

i?img=%2Fi%2Fleaguelogos%2Fsoccer%2F500%2F23.png

Welcome one, welcome all to Group A of the 2020 Premier League Draft voting thread.

- Voting is to be based on players' peak time spent in the Premier League only.

- Votes without a reason/comment will not be counted unless in the case of a tiebreak.

- Voting will commence when the final manager has posted their team/write up and will last for 24 hours.

- Winner of the group progresses to the semi-finals.

- Voting is open to everyone.

Group A
    Dr. Kenneth
    Shanotheslayer
    GLaDOS
    Bounty Hunter

Okey-doke, we'll leave it there.

00131b94-1024.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Apologies folks, tried to figure out how to upload the image to show my team but failed many times, I can edit if somebody can tell me:pac:

Edit: Apologies for any spelling mistakes. That's very long winded!

TEAM

Richarlison Tammy Mahrez

Gerrard

Gomes Shelvey

Milner Boly Reid Wan B

DDG

Attack

I'm extremely happy with my front 3. The pace will cause teams a lot of problems. Richarlison has been outstanding since being in the premier league and I would fancy him against any RB in the league to take on. Tammy Abraham is the poacher, put him into the position and he'll score goals. He'll poach around the box and out run any defender in this group. Mahrez is the superstar of the front 3. His performance with Leicester to win them a title speaks for itself. Outstanding. His pace on the wing and his ability to cut in and shoot will give all oppositions a problem with fear that the cross will lead to Tammy or a cut in and shoot

Midfield
    My opposition will say this is a weak link in my team but they'd be wrong. I have possible one of the greatest midfield players to ever grace the premier league in Gerrard his ability to play a pass to front 3 will cause so many problems. The fact that if my team are under threat he has the ability to play box to box will be a tactical masterclass. Gerrard has single handedly carried worse teams in his prime so to think he couldn't win with this team would be an extremely poor decision.

Gomes Gomes job is simple, get the ball and play the short and easy pass. He's comfortable on the ball and since he's joined the premier league has been an excellent addition to Everton. He gets bonus points for being good looking to. His partner in the holding midfield role is Shelvey this was a tactical decision, I wanted one holding midfielder to do the dirty work which Shelvey is excellent at, a player to go in hard and fight for everything. And if I need somebody to shoot from the halfway line he doesn't mind a punt. His experience is crucial alongside Gomes.

Defenders

Defending for me is all about experience and professionalism. Milner has over 500 appearances, I wanted him at LB because of his work ethic, he will do everything for the team and I think his ability to 1-2 with Gomes and then play Richi up the wing will be a nightmare for teams to deal with.

People may wonder why I opted for Boly, it's simple. I wanted strong defenders which attackers will struggle against. He will be a threat from corners and an absolute nuisance to get past. At 6ft 5' teams will struggle to score any set pieces against him. His partner Reid is more experienced a solid unit at the back and knows how to organize a defence. His height(6ft 3) will cause problems to the opposition in their box and partnering Boly teams will struggle.

At RB I wanted somebody defensively solid and who else than arguably the best defensive RB in the league Wan B.His proven time and time again that he has the ability to defend and teams attacking struggle against him. I admit his attacking ability needs work but that's not something I'm looking for him to do in this team.

Goalkeeper
    I'm keeping this short an sweet. The best goalkeeper in the league this generation. DDG has been in the PFA team of the year multiple times. Manchester United player of the year Multiple times. He is simple unbeatable on his day.

Overall

All in all I'm very happy with my team. I feel the experience in defence along side the mixture in midfield with a young and raw strike force will gel very well together.

Opposition
    Dr.K - His team is decent at best I feel. Has strong playermakers in KDB/Pogba but I feel they will struggle with my close knit defensive hold

Bounty Hunter - Has a strong strike force in Kane and Henry which will cause any team problems. His midfield I feel is very weak and inexperienced. I think Mahrez and Richi would destroy his fullbacks and leave them very exposed.

Glad0s - If his management is anything like FPL management he has no chance :pac:

I think this team will cause a lot of teams problems. His Strikeforce is fast paced and electrifying. I feel my experienced defence would try to reduce the damage but could struggle but DDG is more than capable than coming to the rescue. Midfield and defensively I feel will struggle massively against my team.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

The Bounty Hunters
    abTOswNal8.png

Forwards

Thiery Henry - Harry Kane - Ayoze Pérez
    Thierry Henry is argueably the best player/forward in the history of the premiership, meanwhile this is a current premiership draft and I'd argue that Harry Kane is in the top 2 CFs currently in the league (Aguero the other one). The two of those players alone would see most defenses struggle but add Ayoze Pérez who no doubt would get a huge amount of space with defenders focusing on the other two and I have goals in this team.

20171118021957_47503851666fdf83e4b235afa440b73d_1.jpeg

Midfielders
    Mesut Özil - Jorginho - Lucas Torreira
    The criteria for this draft said players were being judged at their Premierleague peak, my man Mesut had 16 assists before New Years day during his 2015/16 Arsenal season. The man was a creative assist machine and with players like Henry & Kane ahead of peak Özil things could get very interesting when my lads take the field.

To allow Özil play this creative role however you need other midfielders willing to do the hard graft and thankfully I don't just have one, I have two of those including a guy who knows him well from Arsenal in the form of Lucas Torreria and Jorginho who can play the DM role so well Chelsea have actually played him there ahead of Kante the past two seasons.

?url=https%3A%2F%2Fst1.uvnimg.com%2F51%2Ff3%2Fa276c83245d69ad38a925de4eb24%2Fgettyimages-1009112650.jpg

Defenders
    Ben Chilwell - Aymeric Laporte - Antonio Rüdiger - Serge Aurier
    I'm not sure if there is a better CB pairing in the draft than Laporte/Rudiger I'd confidently put them up against any pairing from the other sides in my group anyway. Both good with the ball at their feet but with both being 6ft3 they will have an aerial presence too. Neither man is a slouch either but thankfully I also have two quite pacy men at FB. Those men are Spurs starting RB (Aurier) and Englands current starting LB (Chilwell) who also seems to be constantly linked to clubs like Chelsea & City in circa 60m pound moves. The presence of 2 quality DMs will allow both of these men fulfill the modern role of a fullback and get forward and give my team great width as they do for their clubs also.

Lx2e2XO.jpg

Goalkeeper
    Kasper Schmeichel
    There may not be a lot between a lot of the keepers in this draft but one big positive with Schmeichel is that people never talk about him being error prone unlike some others. He is also a leader from the back (Leicester's captain) and has very good distribution.

KYY0lhp.jpg

Opposing teams:
    Glados - Sterling, Son, Nemanja Matic, Joe Gomez, David Luiz, Luis Suarez, Joe Hart, Benjamin Mendy, Scott McTominay, Reece James, Ross Barkely
    GlaDOS has a good team and his frontline in particular deserves mention. I would actually put that trio on a similar level to my own as one of the more formidable ones in the draft but I would rate the chances of a Laporte/Rudiger duo especially with protection from the likes of Torreria/Jorginho's denying his forwards more so than I would the likes of Gomez/Luiz with McTominay/Matic infront of them. Meanwhile Ross Barkely seems to have the role of being his sides creative outlet and setting his front 3 off and I honestly couldn't even tell you when his peak was. As GlaDOS himself said when he picked him that he arguably hasn't fulfilled his promise, meanwhile Ozil who has that role for me was a World Cup winning assist machine at his peak.

Shanotheslayer - Milner, Mahrez, Richarlison, De Gea, Tammy Abraham, Steven Gerrard, Wan Bissaka, Willy Boly, Winston Reid, Andre Gomes, Jon Joe Shelvey
    There are lots of players I really like on Shano's team but I don't know if they are draft winning players. Milner is a player I am a massive fan of but Shano admitted he picked him by mistake in Rd1 and now he seems to have him down as his LB and despite being able to cover there thats not peak Milner's position. The stars of Shano's team for me are Gerrard and the WFs of Mahrez and Richarlison but as much as I enjoyed his goals for Villa (my own team) in the championship last season I wouldn't have confidence in Tammy Abraham getting the best of players like Laporte meanwhile I would feel like Henry, Kane and co could get something against his defense

Dr. Kenneth - De Bruyne, Fabinho, Toby Alderweireld, Pogba, Pepe Reina, Gareth Bale, Callum Willson, Phil Jagielka, Christian Fuchs, Cedric Soares, Aaron Lennon
    Dr Ken probably has one of the strongest teams in the draft and in particular his midfield looks very impressive with De Bruyne feeding the likes of Bale out on the wing to try to punish the opposition. I'm not sure what peak premiership Pogba really is though but I'd still rate him pretty highly and Fabinho would be similar for me however the area where I think my team could win out against Ken's men would be CF. I would be pretty confident that the likes of Laporte would be a good match against Callum Willson, meanwhile Toby aside his back four despite having been good for their clubs would no doubt struggle against the likes of Henry & Kane
    x9ZSHgp.jpg

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,230 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

lineup.png

My team focuses on a dynamic front 3, a hard-working and tough midfield and an agile defence that is comfortable on the ball.

From back to front:

Defence

My back 5 has a combined 6 PL titles between them (If you count Joe Gomez's inevitable PL title for this season). It is a collection of winners that won't wilt under pressure and I am confident that they would make it difficult for any team to score. All 4 of my defenders are quick and agile so won't struggle up against technical attacking players. Luiz is superbly confident on the ball and will be key in building attacks from the back while Mendy and James are both in their element going forward and will provide essential width to my attack.

Midfield

My midfield of Matic, McTominay and Barkley possess all the attributes you would want to compliment my teams shape. Their primary function will be to block attacks and recycle possession to feed my superbly talented attack. Matic, for me probably the 2nd best defensive midfielder available after Kante, will be key in protecting my back line. Combined with McTominay, any team will struggle to gain a foothold and attack my backline freely. Barkley will play a little further forward and will feed the ball into Son, Sterling and Suarez.

Attack

My attack is amongst the best in this draft and I would back them to score against anyone. All 3 can play anywhere across the front line, allowing them to swap at will and target weak points in the opposition defence. Sterling and Son are both capable of scoring 15+ goals in a season while Suarez's peak season saw him hit 31 goals. Suarez is key to my attacking play as his intelligent link up play will be key to feeding Sterling and Son in. Any defence will have a nightmare trying to handle all 3 and space will inevitably open up and all 3 are capable of hurting you. Importantly, all 3 players are known for working hard for the team and will defend from the front. Pressing opposition defences will be a key tactic of my team.

Overall

Overall my team possess balance throughout and is a match for anyone. My midfield will be tough to break down and combined with my attacking full backs, is well capable of feeding my attack who will damage anyone.

Vs Shanotheslayer

The key match up for me in this match is my attack vs Shano's Centre Back pairing. Boly and Reid are capable defenders but I am confident Suarez, Sterling and Son running at them would wreck havoc. There's only so much you can depend on DDG to bail you out.

In midfield Gerrard is the obvious dangerman. Matic is be tasked with man marking him to limit is influence on the game. Mctominay and Barkley are more than capable of matching Gomes and Shelvey and getting the upper hand.

In terms of his attack, while Richarlison and Mahrez will cause some problems, Tammy Abraham is still relatively unproven and premier league level,going through a significant dry spell this season after a good start. With a lack of atop class focal point, I feel my defence will able to handle his teams attack.

Vs Bounty Hunter
    BH obviously has intimidating frontline, but I feel it comes at the price of unbalacing his team overall. The likes of Henry and Ozil won't contribute much defensively and this will be key winning this fixture. My tactic will be to sit deep and attempt to starve Ozil and Henry of possession. Mctominay and Matic will be key in this game as they will have to screen the defence to prevent them being overwhelmed. When the ball is turned over releasing my front 3 and full backs quickly will result in BH's defence being exposed as Jorgino lacks mobility and Torreira's Arsenal are always at risk of being hit on the break.

vs Dr. Kennth Noisewater

DKN has a nicely balanced team but I feel he lacks penetration a the top end. Callum Wilson is a good forward but can be streaky and ultimately there is question marks over whether he could function at the very top end of football. Lennon similarly won't contribute much of a goal threat and as superbly talented as KDB is, he is more of an assister than a regular goalscorer. As a result I believe the team is overly reliant on Bale for goalscoring. My tactic would be to man mark Bale and KDB with Matic and Mctominay, which I believe would severely impair DKN's team's attacking ability as Pogba's premier league form has shown him to be unreliable at the best of times. Defensively I feel the defence could be left exposed by his midfield trio, as although Fabinho is a superb DM, Pogba and KDB are unlikely to help out much in that regard. My offensive tactic would be to target DKN's full backs as I would back Son and Sterling against Fuch's and Soares in an 1 v 1 situation and I feel I could get a lot of joy out wide, especially with Mendy and James supporting.

TL;DR - Vote for me, there will be cake.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 5,713 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Sorry for the delay, busy weekend! My team is below(not sure how to get an attachment to show up)
    lineup.png

Defence
    I've selected a great GK who has excellent shot-stopping and distribution skills which are the 2 most important features of a modern GK. Reinas quick restarts will allow my pacier players up from to counter attack quickly. My back line is rock solid and full of international talent. Alderweireld and Jagielka are both excellent in open play and also in the aerial challenge. Fuchs was on of the top players in the Leicester team that won the title and will provide excellent defence cover when covering across if needed. Soares is a Euro 2016 winner with Portugal who was one of the best RB's in the EPL around the same time and also provides a great attacking outlet.

Midfield
    With Fabinho at the base of my midfield he will help nullify most counter attacks while also helping getting them started for my own team. A player that has kept improving since he joined Liverpool he will allow De Bruyne and Pogba to get forward and help setup chances. KDB is the best player in the EPL at the minute imo and has had the most assists and created the most big chances this season. He'll also get stuck in to help back when needed. Pogba is also an excellent playmaker particularly with his long balls from deep. These will work great for my pacy forward line to get in behind. His form last season when OGS took over showed his potential as he scored 8 goals and 6 assists in 11 games to help make the team of the year last season.

Attack
    My attack is all about pace. Lennon in his early Spurs years was nominated for young POTY 3 years running while wrecking havoc on the right wing. With KDB and Pogba laying on the ball for him he's a huge asset in attack and should link up great with the more defensive Soares. Callum Wilson wasn't my first choice but a player I've always rated and has been unlucky with injury. He's an excellent finisher however and with KDB, Pogba, Lennon and Bale as providers I'm sure he wont let me down. With 14 goals and 9 assists with an average Bournemouth team last year I think he'll flourish in this team.
    Finally my star player, Gareth Bale. This guy was by far the best player in the league during his final 2 seasons at Spurs before leaving for a world record transfer fee. He scored 31 goals and provided 23 assists in those seasons while being double marked for many of those games. His driving runs will trouble all my opponents and create space for others to exploit such as Wilson or Pogba and KDB coming from deep. Like Lennon he's also able to help back defensively when needed as he started out as a LB but with Fuchs there I think he can concentrate on what he does best in attack.

Overall
    My defence is solid and thats their main task, provide attacking support when needed but no their priority. My pace up top is a worry for any team in this competition especially on the counter and with KDB and Pogba playing the passes.

My opponents
    Shaneotheslayer - Pacy attack but I think my guys would be up for the challenge especially with the help of Fabinho. I think my midfield 3 are just too strong here, Gomes will just have too much work to do as defending is not Shelvey or Gerrards strong point. I would relish putting my attack up against that back line, Boly and Reid just dont have the pace for my forwards and while I rate AWB very highly I think he'll struggle against Bale especially with Mahrez not renown for his workrate in helping back. Also peak Milner is not a LB so is likely to get exposed.

GLaDOS - Like all our team a strong front 3 that will cause headaches. Suarez is a real worry but with no strike partner I think my 2 CB's will manage him. But again I think my midfield will take control in this game. This midfield trio are not the most creative and I think with Son and Sterling they are at their best with a play-maker setting them up and creating goal scoring chances. Creating from scratch is not their strong point. In defence, I think James is a real weak link especially against Bale. Luiz is always liable for a mistake and with Lennon and Bale driving in from the wings he's likely to struggle. Gomez has great potential I think with needs a more solid partner than Luiz. Mendy is a great attacking outlet but suspect defensively. Even if Bale is double marked I think this just allows KDB and Pogba to get into goal scoring chances and both are well capable. Hart is also a concern in goals especially from set pieces.

Bounty Hunter - What a forward line in fairness! I think Alderwiereld will manage Kane as he'll know him inside out from Spurs. Between them I think Jagielka and Soares can take Henry with Fabinho helping out with both as needed. Perez is decent but a peak Fuchs can manage him. Fabinho should be able to manage Ozil who will often drift out of games. I think and issue here is that Henry and Ozil will end up in simialr positions and get in each others way. I rate Torreira but I dont think we've seen his best in the EPL yet and will struggle to contain KDB/Pogba. Jorginho also isnt quick enough to cope with my attack and will struggle to provide the cover needed. Aurier is a good attacking outlet but is liable to mistakes defensively and will struggle against Bale. The CB pairing are really good but will too busy covering for Aurier and the 2 defensive midfielders to be at their best and this will allow chances for Wilson to take.

VOTING IS OPEN UNTIL 19:39 ON TUES JUNE 2nd.

• Advertisement

VOTING IS OPEN UNTIL 19:39 ON TUES JUNE 2nd.

That is precise :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Going to vote for Bounty Hunter here, it’s very close between himself and GLaDOS and the other sides are also well put together, but I feel BH has more quality from top to bottom than anyone in this group. He just edges GLaDOS in midfield IMO and controls the game from there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

The way I would see group A finishing is:
    1st - Bounty Hunter
    2nd - GlaDos
    3rd - dr. kenneth noisewater
    4th - Shanoslayer

Initially I thought GlaDos would do it with his amazing front 3 but Bounty Hunter has a strong defence and I think GlaDos defence is very suspect (full backs mainly). dr.kenneth noisewater probably has the best midfield trio in the entire draft but I don't think there will be enough goals in the team and an over reliance on Bale. It is strange that (IMO) the best front line and the best midfield are both knocked out from me here, but Bounty Hunter has a nicer balance to the team I feel and this would see them top the group with 3 wins I would say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Some thoughts on each side before my vote:
    Shano - I like the front three and always enjoyed Gerrard just off the front. Would be concerned somewhat about the spine behind him, but De Gea is a top pick and the FBs are reliable.

Bounty Hunter - Really like the balance here and think that's important in the game. Not sure about the holding midfielders compared to group rivals but think the defence and keeper are strong enough to prove very solid.

GLaDOS -Super front three and love the energy of the midfield trio. Would have some concerns about the back line, although think you'd have the firepower to put teams away.

dr.kenneth - Terrific midfield and centre-back duo, plus a quality goalie. Think the FB area could be a vulnerable point but the wing areas are strong. Bale can win games on his own, and thought Lennon was a clever pick in the game.

My vote for group winner goes to Bounty Hunter. Can't overlook that strong balance between attack and defence. Think that helps him to edge a tight contest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭wrestlemaniac

Elements to all four teams I really like. For me it comes down to the following:

Shano:
    Great pace on the wings and the midfield provides a great platform for which Gerrard would thrive. Abraham up top is the major flaw for me along with the full backs. Abraham just does not have a proven body of work behind him. Added to the full backs not being the best going forward, there is a huge relience on Mahrez and Gerrard to provide both assists and goals. I feel the other teams in the group could mark these out of the games.

GLaDOS:
    unbelievable front 3, best attacking trio in the draft for me. The problem is the midfield trio is functional at best and I don't see them controlling the play. That's fine if you can play with width from the full backs bombing forward. James just doesn't cut it on the right as it's too early to judge him and Mendy is far too inconsistent to quantify a prolonged peak.

BountyHunter:
    Unbelievable combo in Kane and Henry and a centre half pairing which is up there with the best in the draft. The issue I have is down the right side. A Perez/Aurier combination even supported by either Jorginho/Torreira is weak point in the team. Ozil is a clever pick and hit an unbelievable peak.

Dr.kenneth
    Also has a great centre half pairing and a great balance to his midfield trio. I like the Lennon pick as it's easy to forget just how good he was. Bale is Bale and is guaranteed goals. Wilson isn't the best up top but has a proven goal scoring record. The biggest concern for me would be a team with pace could destroy this midfield and defence.

Ultimately I see the group coming down to the game between BH and Dr.k.
    I actually think Dr.k's is exactly the type of opponent to exploit the weaknesses in BH's team. Fuchs/Bale would have an absolute field day against Aurier/Perez. I would see Dr. K team as having a vast share of possesion, nullifying Ozil's influence and relying on Henry/Kane to provide a moment of magic (which is quite possible). Outside of Henry, I don't think there's enough pace in BH team to exploit the weaknesses in Dr K. team.

So I've got Group A finishing

1st-dr.kenneth
    2nd-BountyHunter
    3rd-GLaDOS
    4th-Shanotheslayer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

I think this group comes down to bounty hunter and GlaDos.

I like both teams and there is not a lot in it. I think overall GlaDos is slightly better balanced. I think Son V aurier will be a key battle here and I really don't rate Aurier I thi k he is the weaklink here.

There is something about BH team that I can't put my finger on, good individuals but not sure in functions as well as a team. I think another midfielder instead on Perez and a 4-4-2 diamond might have been a better option

Overall GlaDos tops the group with BH a close 2nd for me

Top 4 was the target for my team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,335 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Bounty Hunter gets my vote here, that midfield and attack is superb.

I reallt like GlaDos team, especially with McSauce in midfielder, but I have to think Hunter's midfield would disply better control and influence a game more.

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭daithi1989

BH has my vote here - Henry and Kane up top is the main reason for this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,370 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

There are elements of all teams that I like and fewer that I don't. Would be an exciting group and certainly all teams would have potential to compete at the top of any other group. Alas, because of the high quality, the below will focus on issues I believe they would have because I can't overly judge on quality as they are very well put together teams. How the issues can be overlooked will be how I judge.

BH while having a terrific looking team I feel may be a little lightweight in practice and it's asking a lot of Chilwell to cover for Henry on the left and Aurier, while being a player I rate I don't think has done it in the PL and is a liability if judging him by his stint in the league. I'm not sure there's enough in midfield to compensate for the 4 out and out attackers up front but admittedly, some of the play between them would be electric and unstoppable.

The more I look at GLaDOS the more I like the ideas being presented but between James, Gomez and Mendy I can't point to a full season of them at their peak and putting in consistent displays and that, in terms of this game is a big no-no imo for 3 quarters of your back 4 to have those question marks on them. If I was to play a game tomorrow and they were all fully fit and available it would be completely different as they are all fine players, just maybe not in the context of the game for me.

Dr. Kenneth I really like his midfield as a peak PL Pogba in his first season at United linking up with KDB is nigh on unstoppable and with Fabinho backing them up should add the solidity too. Bale I don't think quite hit a high PL peak as one may assume but there is a lot to be said for him there with Lennon spreading the pitch on the other side. I don't know if there will be enough firepower from the front 3 in totality but given the makeup of other teams in the group I can see a lot of joy in midfield.

I like the balance of Shano's team but feel there is a lack of players with a high peak. Only 3 league winners and none quite being a key player in these just lets him down. I'd be interested to see how they would fare against some of the others as there are a lot of workers and I think the collective could raise them up but just short on this occasion.

Based on the above I think it's BH as I've flip flopped on it a couple of times and me coming back to him. Kane and Henry are going to score goals and Ozil is going to set up goals. A good footballing team that I can see routing others when they get their heads up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Bounty Hunter has played a blinder here on the draft there is barely a weakness in the team defence is excellent forwards what can you say henry and kane been played in by a prime ozil

DKN 2nd
    Glados 3rd
    Shaneo 4th

All have good teams but i just feel BH's would beat them all

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

HAven't read replies yet, will try to go in unbiased.

Going for Bounty Hunter.

His midfield is a bit weak in terms of having a powerful presence, but the core back 3 (CBs and Goalie) is very very good, Chilwell and Aurier should be able to get the best out of Kane and then you have the Henry factor.

Shanos team imo has too many average/mediocre players in it for me, particularly in a key position like centre forward. I also don't don't where Tammy is getting his crosses from with inverted wingers, a right footed left-back and AWB who is only average going forward. The midfield isn't brilliant either and I feel it's a team hinging its hope on a captain fantastic display from Gerrard.

GladOS team is very good, I think that front 3 works well and could be deadly. The midfield is perhaps a little immobile. Defence is decent but perhaps weakish defensively as full back with James not having much to go on. Also not sure about the balance at CB, maybe a physically commanding CB needed there.

Noisewater has easily the best midfield here, there's an argument that his team dominates every game on that alone so maybe should give him the win. I like the balance too. However I think he's shot himself in the foot with Bale at left-wing - turned an explosive wide forward into an old school winger arguably, and then Lennon on the right while good at his peak is one of the weaker attacking players we have here. Wilson should get lots of service but maybe this team needs a world class 9 to get it over the line. Defence is decent, but I would see BH's team as having a better one.

So Bounty Hunter for me - prob best defence and attack in here imo.

I'll go for Bounty Hunter, just.

Not convinced of Henry and Kane together against better teams in this draft but I think his team overall would have just about enough to top the group.

Shano's team looks like he joined at the last minute and had to select from the leftovers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

Bounty Hunter wins it just ahead of Glados for me. I'd be worried about Glados midfield and full backs and although I'm not a fan Jorginho, the rest of BHs team is very very solid with a great front 3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,258 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

Shane: I feel Richarlison (23 in 62) and Tammy (13 in 25 this season) are not at their peek yet. Which is unfortunate as I think both will become great players. Gerard, what can I say? Mahrez (17 goals, 11 assists) – up there with the best season of all time. Your midfield lets you down slightly. The defense isn’t the most glamorous in the world but thats not what you want your defense to be. DDG? Again, best in the league over the last 8 years or so.

Bounty: Kane, Henry. Ozil at his peak was pretty class as well. It’s a nicely balanced midfield 2. Laporte showed his importance this season with his injury. Not sold on Aurier or Schmeichel.

Glados: Strongest front 3 of this round think. Your midfield lets you down. Peak Matic, fair enough. Scott is yet to reach his peak, and Ross may end up like Theo I think, the nearly man. I never liked Mendy, always struck me as clumsy and uncomfortable on the ball. Gomes, again yet to reach his peak.

Kenneth: Best midfield of this round, dominating games with that. Throw Bale in there as well. Lennons pace proves useful here. The defense is fine. I think a tough team to break down.

There are arguments for all 4 teams, but Kenneth is getting my vote.

• Advertisement

Congratulations to Bounty Hunter who progresses to the semi-finals.

GettyImages-51513743.jpg

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,230 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Congrats BH. Had you earmarked as a potential winner from early in the draft so no surprise you got through this.

Wasn't happy when I saw you were in my group :pac:

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

Delighted to have made the champions League spot.

Future Everton manager yet.

Congrats B.H. Reminds me of Leicester, just a once off ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,713 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Congrats BH, thought it would be tighter to be honest!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

IaRC3Vo0K6Z1.gif

Thought this would be very close, still happy to progress of course. Cheers to anyone who voted and fair play to the rest of the group, some quality teams in there.

Now to keep a close eye on group D... could my old PW draft rival (MNG) end up against me in the Semi-finals :eek:

Advertisement