Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scrolling Screen-Capture

Options
  • 31-05-2020 2:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,123 ✭✭✭

Anyone know a good Scrolling Screen-Capture App/Programme please?

Have loads downloaded but none to seem to be able to do the tast of capturing what is below currently-displayed view. A couple of them seem to state they capture scrolling stuff, but I can't seem to activate or access arrows to move up and down to bring the hidden data into view to capture what's needed. So I need a working App / Programme, and simplified Layman's-terms Steps/Instructions of how to actually capture what's hidden from current view.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭sheepsh4gger

Why do you need to do that exactly? Why can't you just say plug another monitor in and capture the second screen?
    Most capture programs just record what's in the image buffer so you can't really do what you're describing unless it's a game.

Try OBS.
    If you have an AMD video card then the video driver has recording software in it called Radeon Live (you can record the desktop natively and create layouts)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭tech

Snag it will do the trick, been using it for years

• Registered Users Posts: 2,123 ✭✭✭misstearheus

Sooooo I downloaded Snagit along with the thirty-nine other Screen Capturing Programmes I added that are now clogging up my Computer!:D Aaaaaand I'm back to my question again.

I am looking for a Screen Capture Programme that has a Scrolling Capture feature and shows how to do it! Snagit doesn't appear to have a Scrolling Capture available. It just has Free, Active, and Full-Screen, and one other I think.

There definitely is some Programme out there that has it available, because it has the exact Words I need Scrolling Capture in its' list of Capture Options!:D I used to use it. I remember it definitely had Scrolling in the list.

If it is possible to capture Scrolling Info in one of the other Options, I need to see or be told how to do it. An outline box highlights around the area to capture be it active Screen or Full Window etc., - if it's possible to do, - how do I click on the highlighted outline to move up and down to bring what's hidden underneath up into view. Tapping the outline box does nothing, and I can't seem to click on up and down arrows to move any way, this is why I'm asking. I have tried looking up a handful of Youtube Videos on this, but they all seem to glean and glide and skip over the bit that I need to know! - if it's doable, - how to move up and down outside the highlighted captured Outline-box to display more that's hidden to capture it!

Ah it doesn't matter now will make the loyal regal able-bodied, basic, simple, easy, majestic, Snipping-Tool work for me somehow! :)

It would be handy to know for again though. There is a Scrolling Capture Function randomly available on some Photo Programme out there but can't remember name of Photo Programme. Don't think it's Gimp but one of the others. And there is another Screen Programme if I can find it to try... - Something Duck or something Swan?!?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,123 ✭✭✭misstearheus

May I present
    >
    ~**~DuckLink~**~:D
    QAmneZU.jpg

Advertisement