Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OHV Petrol Power Washer - €250

Options
  • 31-05-2020 8:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 37

Does anybody know anything about the power washers that are all over done deal and adverts.ie for €250 Euro?

They are OHV petrol power washers with a 6.5bhp engine and 3000 - 3600 psi pressure. It says brand new in box with plastic wrapped around it and a limited stock available.

From google it looks like they are sold as bulk orders of 50 and then people sell them on in singles. Has anybody bought one of them? Are they any good?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Lidl are selling them with a warranty, they are basically Chinese clones of Honda engines as far as I can tell. The difference between them is the pump unit, some have poor quality pumps and some are a little better.
    It is very likely that there will be water restrictions applied soon due to lack of rainfall so bear that in mind before purchasing.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭pocketse

My dad bought one a couple of years ago. It’s still going but by no means the strongest machine going. It’s constantly breaking loose from the frame due to vibrations, wheels are regularly coming off. Heat from the engine burned a rubber hose in the engine. The on/off switch has stopped working, I now use choke to flood it to turn it off. On the plus side. It’s a great power washer, good solid power. I use it 3 days a year max so will put up with the flaws. When buying again I’ll probably try one of the Lidl/Aldi petrol ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 eoin317

Good to know! I don't want the hassle of messing around with what sounds like below quality parts. My second choice was the SIP 08912 TP420/130 Petrol Pressure Washer which seems like a good brand.

Advertisement