Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tree removing

Options
  • 31-05-2020 9:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

I have 2 large trees that i need to remove from back garden, would anybody know what the price would be to have these removed?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,486 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

how long is a piece of string - depends on many factors, you'd need to get some tree surgeons in for quotes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭Melodeon

If they can be straight felled with no cleanup or disposal, probably €200/tree or so for a properly qualified and insured arborist to do it sometime when they're conveniently doing other work nearby.
    If they're in a target rich environment involving overhead services and traffic control, clean up and disposal, multiply the above figure by at least a factor of 10.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭woody71

Have a few people coming during the week, for quotes, just need to have an idea of what to expect when they give me a price.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭rje66

woody71 wrote: »
    I have 2 large trees that i need to remove from back garden, would anybody know what the price would be to have these removed?
    Got a picture of trees???

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭Pistachio19

We had a large cherry blossom taken down and cut into logs, a smaller tree also taken down and cut up. There were also 2 random skinny trees cut down that had grown between ours and our neighbours sheds, so were awkward to get at. He shredded all parts of the trees that we didn't keep as firewood. Finally he cut back branches that were overhanging from our neighbours trees. Total cost was €250. That was a year and half ago.

• Advertisement

rje66 wrote: »
    Got a picture of trees???
    can get one, they're 2 evergreens that are dead on the inside but are still growing if that makes sence.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,429 ✭✭✭✭looksee

We had a large cherry blossom taken down and cut into logs, a smaller tree also taken down and cut up. There were also 2 random skinny trees cut down that had grown between ours and our neighbours sheds, so were awkward to get at. He shredded all parts of the trees that we didn't keep as firewood. Finally he cut back branches that were overhanging from our neighbours trees. Total cost was €250. That was a year and half ago.

Wow that was a bargain!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

What about digging up trees? I have a few oaks, about 6 foot tall, that I didn’t plant. Not enough room for them.
    Would a gardener just dig them up?

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭ax530

We got a quote 460e a day for cutting large trees. This includes the machine guess something like a cherry picker. Not sure what time of year they can be cut

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,825 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Ideally after September, when the nesting activity has ceased. Plus, for the deciduous plants, you won't have to deal with the weight of the leaves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭mrskinner

Is removal of root stump included?

Or what about Epsom Salts in the stump to rot the roots?

ax530 wrote: »
    We got a quote 460e a day for cutting large trees. This includes the machine guess something like a cherry picker. Not sure what time of year they can be cut
    is that 460 a tree?

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭kjbsrah1

I have a cherry blossom with roots that are pushing up the paving in my back yard. I have the tree cut down to about 3 foot. Ho big a job would it be (as in would it be a massive job) to get the stump pulled out of the ground? I’d say the tree was about 20 years old.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭rje66

kjbsrah1 wrote: »
    I have a cherry blossom with roots that are pushing up the paving in my back yard. I have the tree cut down to about 3 foot. Ho big a job would it be (as in would it be a massive job) to get the stump pulled out of the ground? I’d say the tree was about 20 years old.
    Look into stump grinding.

Advertisement