Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carrera Crossfire City Electric Folding Bike

Options
  • 31-05-2020 11:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭

Hi all. I have been offered the above by my sister in the UK free (I have to organise collection). The bike is 2 years old but she neglected the battery over the last 2 winters and it sounds like it’s dead or in deep sleep??? Does anybody have experience with these batteries please? Is there anything that can be done to resurrect it or will I need a new one? If so, are they very expensive and are they easy to fit? Many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,123 ✭✭✭homer911

Batteries come in all sorts of shapes and sizes - best to get the model no.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Its a 36v Lithium pack, the levels of cold reached in the UK shouldnt be a massive concern but being left deep discharged isnt great. The batteries just pull out once you have the key to unlock them.

If you know anyone into Drones/RC/Airsoft they may well have the charger required to diagnose and test the battery. If you're in Dublin Id be happy to give it a look over.

New clone packs are in the €400 range, you might do cheaper on AliExpress but quality could be an issue (or not).

Advertisement