Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boundary wall with main road.

• 31-05-2020 12:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi there,

I have a boundary stone wall which sits on the main road. So, road-double yellow lines-then wall - no verge or margin. This constantly gets nudged by traffic and would be in a poor state of disrepair.

Would I have any right from TII or other county council to get them to repair or chip in towards wall repair.

Since covid outbreak, people are now walking on that side of the road(.....footpath on other side.) ,it seems a health and safety issue!

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭TheBoyConor

The wall is owned by you, not tii or the council
    It is your responsibility to maintain the wall in a safe state.

I guarantee you, you'll get no hop from either if you try this. Trust me, I've dealt with such requests.

For a council to agree to maintain or rebuild a private wall in this type of scenario would set a dangerous precedent and would open the floodgates. Everybody would be in looking for a new wall.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,674 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

The wall is owned by you, not tii or the council
    It is your responsibility to maintain the wall in a safe state.

I guarantee you, you'll get no hop from either if you try this. Trust me, I've dealt with such requests.

For a council to agree to maintain or rebuild a private wall in this type of scenario would set a dangerous precedent and would open the floodgates. Everybody would be in looking for a new wall.

In fact, when you bring it to their attention, they might ask you to fix it, it being a H&S issue, or is H&S, (like beauty,), in the eye of the beholder, looking at someone else's cheque book ?:D

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

Advertisement