Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for cheaper ink for HP Envy 5540 All In One printer

Options
  • 31-05-2020 3:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭

Hello.

I have a HP Envy All In One printer (inkjet). It works well, but the price of original HP print cartridges (#62) is prohibitive. Until recently that was not a problem as I did very little printing at home. Since lock down I'm having to do more work related printing. It is still not a lot, but it's enough that I will probably need new black cartridge every couple of months and new colour a little longer than that.

Does anyone have any experience if buying HP 62 compatible cartridges? If yes are you happy with them or are there any problems? And where did you buy from?

Btw I need colour so switching to a laser is probably not an option, on cost grounds.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭baron von something

Have a look on eBay for ink and refill your cartridges yourself. I used to get 301x refills online every 6 months for my HP 4504 but recently for a double pack refill the prices went up by €30+ so I just bought a tub of ink which came with a syringe to fill up the cartridges. I'll save myself a fortune this way.
    Only thing is, using non HP ink/cartridges will void any warranty

• Registered Users Posts: 2,123 ✭✭✭misstearheus

Ebay is your friend. Crazy what Shops are charging for Ink.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭wassie

I have an Envy 5020 and used inkjet.ie - paid around €35 delivered for 3 XL cartridges (2 black, 1 colour). Whilst the cartridges themselves were recognized by the printer as being recycled genuine HP, there was no issue with them working and the app still was able to read ink levels etc.

I also queried them about returns incase a cartridge was faulty/not recognised by the printer and they had a good returns policy also, but both cartridges working fine and have a spare black. Good customer support and based in Monaghan.
    Have a look on eBay for ink and refill your cartridges yourself. I used to get 301x refills online every 6 months for my HP 4504 but recently for a double pack refill the prices went up by €30+ so I just bought a tub of ink which came with a syringe to fill up the cartridges. I'll save myself a fortune this way.
    Only thing is, using non HP ink/cartridges will void any warranty

Not exactly. Using a non-OEM cartridge or a refilled cartridge would only void your warranty if any printer damage incurred was a result of using non-OEM cartridges.

Ive been using non-oem/genuine cartridges for many years without issue, yet had 2 printers that had warranty issues that were fixed. Both issues were not related to the print cartridges, but mechanical faults in the printers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭MAJJ

wassie wrote: »
    I have an Envy 5020 and used inkjet.ie - paid around €35 delivered for 3 XL cartridges (2 black, 1 colour). Whilst the cartridges themselves were recognized by the printer as being recycled genuine HP, there was no issue with them working and the app still was able to read ink levels etc.

I also queried them about returns incase a cartridge was faulty/not recognised by the printer and they had a good returns policy also, but both cartridges working fine and have a spare black. Good customer support and based in Monaghan.

Not exactly. Using a non-OEM cartridge or a refilled cartridge would only void your warranty if any printer damage incurred was a result of using non-OEM cartridges.

Ive been using non-oem/genuine cartridges for many years without issue, yet had 2 printers that had warranty issues that were fixed. Both issues were not related to the print cartridges, but mechanical faults in the printers.

I used 123ink.ie and got a good few of their HP alternatives from them, customer service was excellent and quality great.

Advertisement