Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Backlash 2020 Thread 14th June (Contains Spoilers)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,698 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Vince loving no fans there to shout bullsh1t.

That would have been a number 1 in the 80's :)

The World Champion on before the tag belts and the non title single match to main event.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

Ooooof that was a really bad botch by Lashley. Could have came out really bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,450 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

the non title single match to main event.

It is the greatest wrestling match of all time

• Advertisement

Apart from the botch by Lashley that was a really good match.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Jesus ****ing Christ will they ever stop with this cinematic bull****. Utter dog****.

Jesus ****ing Christ will they ever stop with this cinematic bull****. Utter dog****.
    I'm finding this a nice filler break honestly. Which is what it is meant to be.

So they filmed all that and now won't even have a match at all ffs.

Here we go

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,182 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Thought it was good craic.

Also, Panic at the Disco are still going?!

Nice touch having a recording of Fink announcing the names. Must have took a bit to find them.

Must be using WWE 2K sound effects

To be fair that was really bloody good and the best WWE wrestling match in a long long time.

that was actually a very good match, was Edge injured ?

Decent PPV

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Despite the camera angles that magically appeared in the ring every so often that really was a great match after all!

PTH2009 wrote: »
    that was actually a very good match, was Edge injured ?

Decent PPV
    Apparently a torn bicep.

mrkiscool2 wrote: »
    Apparently a torn bicep.

He looked passed off/upset near the end

Hopefully its nothing too serious

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

That was actually a really great match

Loved the fink intro

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

A fantastic match and storytelling from two of the all time greats in Edge and Orton. No need for high spot after high spot like you see these spot monkey's doing these days. Just hard hitting wrestling from start to finish.

Overall another enjoyable ppv by the wwe during this tough times. Hopefully they keep it going throughout the summer.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I thought Randy/Edge was great. I thought Drew/Lashley was great (until the Lana ending). The Street Profits vs Viking Raiders stuff was Wrestlecrap, but thats right up my street.

So, basically, I thought that was a really strong show over all.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,132 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So will the tag title match be on Raw tonight? Fun segment. That ref reminds me of Steph sometimes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Sheamus vs Jeff Hardy was a bit sloppy at times but I throughly enjoyed it. Their styles match well together.

ricero wrote: »
    Sheamus vs Jeff Hardy was a bit sloppy at times but I throughly enjoyed it. Their styles match well together.
    They got a long time too, which is rare for a mid-card feud nowadays. Last few PPVs WWE have seem to have gone with substance over style.

Looking forward to seeing more of the Ninja faction.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Smiled the whole way through the Viking Profits segment. Thoroughly enjoyable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Sirsok

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Smiled the whole way through the Viking Profits segment. Thoroughly enjoyable.

Does the whole Vikings Profit segment not dilute the whole product. Like the Orton and Edge hard hitting real storyline followed a segment with a magic chicken leg, a dumpster monster and a ninja faction.

Don't get me wrong it wa good until it completely jumped the shark in that segment.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,182 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Sirsok wrote: »
    Does the whole Vikings Profit segment not dilute the whole product. Like the Orton and Edge hard hitting real storyline followed a segment with a magic chicken leg, a dumpster monster and a ninja faction.

Don't get me wrong it wa good until it completely jumped the shark in that segment.

WWE is a variety show. There's the wrestling purists who will love Bryan/AJ from Smackdown, people who want blood feuds like Edge/Orton and this is supposed to appeal to kids too and I imagine a lot of kids find a bowling ball to the balls and a magic chicken leg funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,132 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Magic chicken leg? I assumed it was the Force, which ties into the weird Star Wars trash compactor homage at the end, including direct quotes.

And it was a turkey leg. (I just know that because it's what they always talk about) :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Sirsok

J. Marston wrote: »
    WWE is a variety show. There's the wrestling purists who will love Bryan/AJ from Smackdown, people who want blood feuds like Edge/Orton and this is supposed to appeal to kids too and I imagine a lot of kids find a bowling ball to the balls and a magic chicken leg funny.

I'm well aware what WWE is but there surely had to be some realm of believability? Under any construct you need to work within that universe. For awhile I was entertained by this but it's getting beyond ridiculous now.

At the age of 30 maybe my time has passed because during the McIntyre leaner mania match which came directly after the fun house match I thought if they are openly making fun of their product why would I give a ****.

Advertisement