Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Media instigating trouble

Options
  • 01-06-2020 12:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭

Sky News talking about the similarities between the events in Minneapolis and England.
    Correct me if I am wrong,
    But does England not have one of the most racially diverse police forces in the world??

Sky News,. Stop Making news, stick to Reporting the News!!!

Comments

Could one expect any less from Murdoch's folly, undoubtedly an inspiration for the Bond villain Elliot Carver: "There's no news like bad news". Or a convenient distraction from the Cummings debacle. With Kay Burley still in the ranks, don't expect it ever to be a bastion of integrity.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭dwayneshintzy

Sky News talking about the similarities between the events in Minneapolis and England.
    But does England not have one of the most racially diverse police forces in the world??

So what were the riots in London about back in 2011?

• Registered Users Posts: 82,826 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

They did give us The Birmingham 6 and Guildford 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,481 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

And the Covid-19.

I'll get my coat...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

"Extreme shopping"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭Banner fights back

Could one expect any less from Murdoch's folly, undoubtedly an inspiration for the Bond villain Elliot Carver: "There's no news like bad news". Or a convenient distraction from the Cummings debacle. With Kay Burley still in the ranks, don't expect it ever to be a bastion of integrity.

Rupert Murdoch no longer owns sky news. It's now comcast who also own NBC in America.

I would also love to know what Fox news are making of what's going on in America at this moment, just to see will they go along with the narrative of Trump of these protests are "been instigated by the work of the far left and their democrat allies", or will they stay impartial.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I'd like to see the clip rather than judge by the OP. England has been through 1981, 1985, 2011 to list the big ones in more recent history.

They're businesses with agendas to push. The days of honest reporting are long gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

and the Indianapollis 500

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭Madeleine Birchfield

England doesn't have a prime minister actively encouraging police to start a war with the protestors.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,923 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

I doubt Sky News are reading Boards.ie much less take orders from posters on it.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Registered Users Posts: 23,761 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Sky News is A LOT better now than it was a few years a go when it was full sensationalist.

1% race, 99% new TVs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭FVP3

Heres the list or police shootings in the UK.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_killings_by_law_enforcement_officers_in_the_United_Kingdom

It seems to run about 2,3 per year, nearly all terrorist related. The last three:
    Hassan Yahya Shot after challenging officers with knives.[1]

Sudesh Amman Having stabbed and injured three people using a machete, Sudesh Amman was shot and killed by Metropolitan Police firearms officers at around 14:00 GMT, witnesses state hearing three gunshots.[2] Amman was reported to be wearing a fake suicide vest, with objects made to look like improvised explosive devices.[3]

Usman Khan Stabbed 5 people including two who later died in the vicinity of London Bridge. It is reported the attacker was wearing a "hoax" suicide vest. The attacker was shot twice by police and died at the scene.[4][5]

All armed. There was an unarmed shooting in early 2019, a white guy called Fergusson.

The previous unarmed shooting was in 2017, a guy called Edson Da Costa who was black portuguese.

Some years have no police shootings. Like 2013.

In 2011 the riots were about Mark Duggan who was claimed to have had a handgun. Duggan was part Irish by the way, and I remember his family as mixed.

Advertisement