Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Realme X2 Pro

• 01-06-2020 3:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭

Currently have a Oneplus 3, which has not missed a beat in 4 yrs and does all I want from a phone and still in mint condition. Ok camera not spectacular, but does the job for me. On the look out for new phone and had initially set my sights on the Oneplus 7T, but none available from Oneplus unless I buy from Spain/italy etc and settle for the 2 pin plug for same price. 541E for 8GB/128 delivered from germany.
    On my search I came across the Realme X2 Pro, which has superior hardware and similar camera performance, but available for near 100E less direct form parent store, with the 8GB/128 coming in at 431 delivered from Italy or 449 form Euro store, again both with 2 pin plug.
    Anyone used the Realme and Oneplus, do they match up in performance? The Oneplus android is great, regular updates etc, will realme match this after service?
    Anything else in similar price range I should be considering?
    Leaning towards the Realme, as hard to justify the extra 100E for very similar specs, with Realme probably edging the Oneplus slightly.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,511 ✭✭✭sioda

Used to have a op3 then Poco F1 now the x2 pro.

The price versus spec for the x2 is excellent. It's fast screen is excellent, camera once gcam is installed is perfectly fine. For me NFC was s big one for Android pay and works.

2 things that really surpassed were the on board speakers which are very loud and the charging speed which is ridiculously quick.

Software wise I use nova launcher always have but did without for a few days and it's quick fluid and easy to use

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭septicsac

sioda wrote: »
    Used to have a op3 then Poco F1 now the x2 pro.

The price versus spec for the x2 is excellent. It's fast screen is excellent, camera once gcam is installed is perfectly fine. For me NFC was s big one for Android pay and works.

2 things that really surpassed were the on board speakers which are very loud and the charging speed which is ridiculously quick.

Software wise I use nova launcher always have but did without for a few days and it's quick fluid and easy to use

Thanks for the feedback, sounds like its just the job, are there regular updates and is it running android 10?
    Where did you buy from?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,511 ✭✭✭sioda

It's Android 10 had a few updates the day I got it. It's Android 9 out of the box.
    Have had 1 update since so seems fine. Bought from edwaybuy.com

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭septicsac

sioda wrote: »
    It's Android 10 had a few updates the day I got it. It's Android 9 out of the box.
    Have had 1 update since so seems fine. Bought from edwaybuy.com

Out of stock there and in most places, most likely due to this Covid crap, but some available on amazon italy of all places. In no panic, might hold to see if come back on amazon.co.uk

Advertisement