Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Palm

Options
  • 01-06-2020 1:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi folks!
    I moved to a new house and now I have a palm tree planted in my backyard. I hadn't planned to have a palm and to take care of it, but I want to give it a chance. Since I'm not a pro grower, I want to discover some tricks & tips about growing palm trees. Please, feel free to drop some lines in this thread. Especially interested in fertilizers for palm trees. What fertilizers fit better for my case and what should I put my attention on while choosing?
    Google says that I have a Pindo Palm about 8-10''. Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Aliastar

Hi there!
    I didn't get an answer here, so I decided to buy fertilizers on my own and conclude the result of month-care of my palm.
    If I got right, the previous home-owner hadn't been taking care of the palm correctly, because edges of palm leaves were yellow-dead. First of all, I found info about how to water palm trees here. According to that article, I've started caring of a palm and about 6-9 days I noticed first results! The edges were coming to life again and I finally decided to purchase fertilizers, still according to that post above.
    I asked for the advice on the grower's forum and chose these fertilizers to go with. After 2 weeks of using fertilizers, I noticed that leaves became greener and palm was looking to finally come to life. It was an interesting experience in my life and I fell in love with my palm. Its name is Sandy.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,825 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

You should have called her Pam. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭standardg60

Google isn't always right!
    Can you post a pic of your 'pindo palm'.
    I'm Sceptical.
    What's new!

Advertisement