Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Kiln Dry Jointing Sand - Where to Buy? (North Co. Dublin)

• 01-06-2020 2:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭

I've been using the pandemic to FINALLY get my cobblelock in order :) However, I can't find a supplier nearby who has kiln dry jointing sand available and, with 3 small kids, I don't have the luxury of browsing stores (i.e. Click and Collect is the way to go).

Woodies has been super handy, but the closest that has this sand in stock is Blanchardstown which is too far away.

Does any one know of anywhere near Malahide / Portmarnock / Swords I could try?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 890 ✭✭✭A Law

Got Joint It in heiton Buckley's santry. It's jointing sand that turns hard. Will never go near sand again. Expensive for a big area.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,168 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

Got Joint It in heiton Buckley's santry. It's jointing sand that turns hard. Will never go near sand again. Expensive for a big area.

Is that not even more expensive or how much a tub did it work out at and what was coverage like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 890 ✭✭✭A Law

Is that not even more expensive or how much a tub did it work out at and what was coverage like.

Sorry was typing in a rush. The joint it type products are very expensive I meant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,267 ✭✭✭rje66

Roadstone in kinsealy will have it. Check first if they are open to public. Get it done b4 wed as its getting wet and it has to be bone dry. But u prob know that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭dar_cool

Goodwins have it, think its about 7 euro for a 25kg bag

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭WetDaddy

Thanks all for the ideas. Ended up getting it in Grange's in Baldoyle and got it down this evening before the drizzle hit :)

First time tackling cobblelock in any capacity and so far so good. The driveway hadn't been touched in well over a decade I'd say, so it's definitely *better* but not as good as a professional would get it.

I took the bigger weeds out by hand, went at every joint with a handheld wire brush (that took days!) to take out the algae / moss / lichen / whatever, weedkilled the grass that had grown into it and then took that up with a trowel. After that, I power washed the whole thing and then today got the sand down.

The only thing I didn't get was the sealant due to timing and the drizzle. It looks like I won't get a chance now for a good few days at the least... Anyone have any idea how much a difference that will make? All the hot weather and now rain at last will make your average weed sprout like mad; will I have a lot of work ahead of me to get to a stage that I can seal it comfortably?

Any and all ideas or feedback welcome!

Advertisement