Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disabling existing Alarm

Options
  • 01-06-2020 7:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭

Will be putting in a new wireless alarm this week and would like to disable the existing old HKC wired alarm. There are a couple of sensors not working correctly in it at present. I don't have an engineer code for the current alarm. It is easily over 13 years old.

Could anyone provide some advice on disabling the old alarm in the house? Is it possible to just disable power to the keyboard and remove batteries?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

Are you getting a professional to fit the wireless alarm for you or are you doing it yourself ?

Just it should be the professionals brief to disconnect your old one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭Mr. Fancypants

Putting the new one in myself. It's a Ring Alarm kit which seems fairly easy to put in place. I can always leave the existing alarm in situ if it came to it but was hoping it would be straightforward to disable it.

Advertisement