Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's the difference between Bosch GBA and PBA batteries?

Options
  • 01-06-2020 7:42pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I have a (blue professional) Bosch cordless drill w/ an 18V battery that's a GBA model, it came with an 18V charger too. I'm looking at a (green DIY) Bosch cordless random orbit sander that wants a PBA battery but also the same family of 18V charger. (https://cpcireland.farnell.com/bosch/advancedorbit-18-bare-tool/18v-random-orbit-sander-bare-unit/dp/TL20554)

Are they compatible with each other or what's the story? Impossible to find PBA vs. GBA info online....

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

That's for the 12V battery (round one), these are the more cuboid chunky packs that are 18V

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

@kadman, also, himself gave me the wrong colour of the drill, apologies for the misinfo

Advertisement