Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommedation for cheap GPS bicycle computer

Options
  • 01-06-2020 7:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭

Hi :)

Can anyone recommend good GPS bike computer in range from 50euro to 100 euro.

It must be compatible with Strava.

Thanks!! :))))

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭kenmm

What about a decent frame bag for your phone if you have a decent model that had good enough battery?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭Deano12345

lil_kev wrote: »
    Hi :)

Can anyone recommend good GPS bike computer in range from 50euro to 100 euro.

It must be compatible with Strava.

Thanks!! :))))

I’d recommend looking for something like a Garmin 510, theres plenty of them second hand for in and around the price you’re looking to pay, they connect via Garmin’s app to Strava, it’s pretty flawless IME!

You can connect speed sensors/heart rate monitors etc too.

Limited enough live navigation options, but from what I remember when I owned you could load routes onto it, but it didn’t have turn by turn!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,251 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Garmin Edge 130 drops below 100 from time to time. I have one, never used the maps on it but works great and very compact

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭TGD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭kenmm

I thought no chance at this price, but looks like there is actually a lot of decent enough units at this price point!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,251 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Yeah you just won't get great mapping functionality but for GPS, Strava connection, pairing with sensors and seeing speed, cadence, distance etc. on the go you will get something in that range.

The Garmin Edge 520 was sold off for a bit more than your budget when the 530 came out around a year or so ago, there may not be many left around but might be worth checking online

• Registered Users Posts: 12,427 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

I want to replace calories with cadence, can it be done?
    Thanks as always

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,761 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

I want to replace calories with cadence, can it be done?
    Thanks as always

Yes it can if you have a cadence sensor.

Inquitus wrote: »
    Yes it can if you have a cadence sensor.

I have the cadence sensor but cant seem to change the display options.
    The cadence is working as I see it in the Garmin connect.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,997 ✭✭✭cletus

I have the cadence sensor but cant seem to change the display options.
    The cadence is working as I see it in the Garmin connect.

What device are you using?

You may need to go into the settings and configure the data displayed on the screen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

cletus wrote: »
    What device are you using?

You may need to go into the settings and configure the data displayed on the screen

They used the title field but you cant see that on all versions of boards. Edge 520.

Thank ED E for this. IIRC this is not the first time you have given me a dig out so thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭mgray

Looking for something in the same price bracket for my son. Has anyone bought the Xoss.?

Looks like they are from Hong Kong, is this where they are shipped from making inport duty a risk.?

mgray wrote: »
    Looking for something in the same price bracket for my son. Has anyone bought the Xoss.?

Looks like they are from Hong Kong, is this where they are shipped from making inport duty a risk.?

Which model.

Even at €40 you're likely to get stung for a €15 handling fee from the carrier for the €8 VAT that'd be due. Also shipping from the far east is a hot mess at the moment.

ED E wrote: »
    Which model.

Even at €40 you're likely to get stung for a €15 handling fee from the carrier for the €8 VAT that'd be due. Also shipping from the far east is a hot mess at the moment.

That's what I'd be worried about, getting stung for all that and in the end maybe only saving a tenner on a cheap Garmin model. Yes it was the €40 model I was looking at..

mgray wrote: »

Found one on Ebay if the OP is still looking for something. Despatched from the UK and free postage to parcel motel.

May not be what you were looking for but sure it will be good enough for my 10 year old..

Yeah, probably fine for recording for later, not sure how much use it'd be on the road. Sure no harm trying.

Advertisement