Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Level Set

• 01-06-2020 8:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭

Hi all

Need to invest in a good set of levels.
    Wondering if you had any advice brands or types that I should buy. Handy DIYer - most I’ll build are some low garden walls, maybe a small block shed, and other woodwork or home DIY jobs.

So thinking a torpedo, a 600mm and an 1800mm.

Any advice.
    Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 181 ✭✭bfclancy

karlitob wrote: »
    Hi all

Need to invest in a good set of levels.
    Wondering if you had any advice brands or types that I should buy. Handy DIYer - most I’ll build are some low garden walls, maybe a small block shed, and other woodwork or home DIY jobs.

So thinking a torpedo, a 600mm and an 1800mm.

Any advice.
    Thank you.

1200mm level is a must have most versatile of all sizes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,595 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

What I have is a number of straight edges, one os 4 by 2 box ALU section 8 feet longI mean straight and then some good quality smaller levels.

I also have 5 m length!
    I have all the long ones listed and they all went off.
    The benefit of the straight edges is that, especially with concrete work, you can really clean them.
    When doing concrete work I lightly spray the levels with some oil to make them easier to clean without scratching the glasses

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭karlitob

What I have is a number of straight edges, one os 4 by 2 box ALU section 8 feet longI mean straight and then some good quality smaller levels.

I also have 5 m length!
    I have all the long ones listed and they all went off.
    The benefit of the straight edges is that, especially with concrete work, you can really clean them.
    When doing concrete work I lightly spray the levels with some oil to make them easier to clean without scratching the glasses

Thanks for that.

So a range of aluminium straight edges and use a level on those?

Where would I pick up those straight edges?

So a torpedo and 1200mm

Any particular brand?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 181 ✭✭bfclancy

Thanks for that.

So a torpedo and 1200mm

Any particular brand?

stabila are one of the best. Stanley fatmax levels are fine and cheaper alternative than the stabila

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,595 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

Thanks for that.

So a torpedo and 1200mm

Any particular brand?

I didn't buy them as straight edges, I bought them as lengths of Alu box section for different jobs and they were left over
    I think a 300 is very useful length

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Advertisement
Advertisement