Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying to order a sim from 48!

Options
  • 02-06-2020 12:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭

Hi

I'm trying to order a brand new sim from 48, but when I click 'order a free sim' the next page asks 'do you have your 48 sim yet?' which I obviously answer no. When I answer no, it then says 'Looks like you're accessing this page from outside Ireland. 48 don't deliver SIMs internationally as our SIMs are primarily for domestic use'. I'm not accessing page from outside Ireland, I'm on Virgin Media broadband and my user location for IP is 'Lucan, Dublin, Ireland'.

I've done this about 3 times now and find it incredibly frustrating! anyone experiencing the same?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,203 ✭✭✭orm0nd

Hi

I'm trying to order a brand new sim from 48, but when I click 'order a free sim' the next page asks 'do you have your 48 sim yet?' which I obviously answer no. When I answer no, it then says 'Looks like you're accessing this page from outside Ireland. 48 don't deliver SIMs internationally as our SIMs are primarily for domestic use'. I'm not accessing page from outside Ireland, I'm on Virgin Media broadband and my user location for IP is 'Lucan, Dublin, Ireland'.

I've done this about 3 times now and find it incredibly frustrating! anyone experiencing the same?

Have a read through the 48.ie thread over in the bargain alerts forum. It's probably down a couple of pages now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭AwaitYourReply

I had similar issue trying to order it myself via the website so; I decided to contact 48.ie live online "chat now" service and the agent put the order through on my behalf and I received the SIM Card pack a few days later. The thread for 48.ie in Bargain Alerts is also contains some very useful info and is well worth a look.

Advertisement