Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Angela Summers Shot dead - no protests for you - wrong colour crime

Options
  • 02-06-2020 9:53am
    Site Banned Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭RIGOLO

Angela I said ... not ANN Summers..

Seeing as how we are having threads for victims of heinous crimes where the victims and perpretrator were of different colour.
    As with George Floyd I feel a deep pang of sorrow for this lady who was killed a few weeks before him. She deserves to not be forgotten just as poor old George.

A US postal worker, single mon, 45, with a teenage daughter, out doing her job was shot dead by a young African American who chased her to a neighbours porch where he shot her dead in cold blood all over an arguement about him not controlling his dog.
    Sounds like a lovely affable lady, working a postal route to keep the show on the road and support her small family.

Where are the protests about US federal employees (postal workers have the same stance of cops , it’s a federal crime to attack them) being shot in cold blood when serving their communities.
    https://eu.indystar.com/story/news/crime/2020/04/29/mail-carrier-angela-summers-killed-arrest-made-indianapolis/3048297001/

Where are the women out protesting about male violence in this instance ,

So no worldwide vigil for you Angela Summers, no global sigh for the loss of your life, no protests, no rememberance, no headlines, no rioting.
    You didn’t fit the narrative for main stream media white on black crime.

Even though there was a dog involved, the history has been written on how important your life was by the main stream media
    When a African American male gets into a heated debate in Central Park NY with a young white female jogger over her dog, well she is outed pilloried in society and teh world over, loses her job and has her face and story splashed across the worlds media for 2-3 days. No coming back from that. (Amy Copper news story 2 weeks back).

But when a middle aged white female doing her job is chased and then shot to death on the porch of some house by a young black male in another argument over a dog.. well the main stream media don’t know how to spin that story so dont pick it up when they doing are doing their morning scour of the press sites for what will make todays headlines for the sheeple they lead by the click.

So RIP Angela Summers and RIP George Floyd.
    No doubt you both experienced the same primal fear and realisation in those final moments as you thought this is it, this is how Im going to go.

The woman who found Angela bleeding out on her porch reports that as she held her hand waiting Angela was hyperventilating ….. sounds familiar - ‘I CANT BREATHE’

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,642 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Dragging up a murder from more than a month ago to use for the cheapest and ugliest points-scoring rubbish....embarrassed for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,234 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

A bit pathetic Rigolo trying to score political points off the back of a man murdered by the police.

If anyone doesn't regularly visit the Politics forum, OP believes everything is a conspiracy by the liberal lefties, and that Trump is brilliant, it's not possible for him to do wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Tordelback

You're describing a murder, a crime for which a vast infrastructure of law enforcement, judiciary and punishment exists to tackle it. It's tragic and horrible, but society condemns it and has established mechanisms for dealing with violent crime, however flawed.

The routine killing of black Americans by the police with very little consequence for the perpetrator, or signs of any improvement in the situation, or indication that peaceful protest receives anything other than sneers from the government and its base, is very, very different.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭MoodeRator

FFS, this is sinking to a new low. As already stated by previous posters, this is a very cheap shot.
    This thread is just another irrelevant distraction and deflection, very much along the same lines as that disgusting person in the White House.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭RIGOLO

Hurrache wrote: »
    A bit pathetic Rigolo trying to score political points off the back of a man murdered by the police.

If anyone doesn't regularly visit the Politics forum, OP believes everything is a conspiracy by the liberal lefties, and that Trump is brilliant, it's not possible for him to do wrong.

well thats soured my cup of tea.. Ive been outed... no-platformed ... before I even began. Do you get extra pats on the back from your loony left bretheren for being so qucik to the draw . I guess that would make you the character 'Squealer ' in Animal Farm..
    MoodeRator wrote: »
    FFS, this is sinking to a new low. As already stated by previous posters, this is a very cheap shot.
    This thread is just another irrelevant distraction and deflection, very much along the same lines as that disgusting person in the White House.

You both sum up the lefts intolerance, you cant even unite with someone who dares to have a difference of political opinon to you , in honouring a poor woman chased and then shot dead , whose dying thoughts were no doubt of the daughter she would never see again.

Thank you for reminding me of the blind vitirolic hatred of my imagined " conspiracy by the liberal lefties"

we digress.

Im glad I took the time to remember some poor woman shot dead on a porch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭blackbox

I thought that this thread was going to be relevant by saying she was shot dead by police....

I was wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,234 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

RIGOLO wrote: »
    well thats soured my cup of tea.. Ive been outed... no-platformed ... before I even began.

You do this all by yourself with your mess of posts, so stop feeling sorry for yourself. No surprise you try to blame others, keeping in line with your beloved infatuation.

MoodeRator wrote: »

Why? Because it’s a white woman killed by a black man? Very relevant.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭ShareShare

OP, the protests are about a systemic long term problem, not about a single incident. All races and all people commit violence. We cant protest and give all our energy to all. There are indeed sometimes protests about male on female violence. There have been all sorts of social protests about violence against females in many forms.
    The reason there is no protest for black violence on white is because its not scary because they aren't in a position of power, aren't part of a system re-enforcing it, and the numbers are similar to any other person on person violence.

I think the point you are trying to make is that one side of violence should not be viewed as a higher priority than others. That's only fundamentally correct in a long term societal trend. In that long term trend, there will be highlighted occurrences of examples. This is just one example. Another will happen another day.

Why? Because it’s a white woman killed by a black man? Very relevant.

That fella will go to court and be sentenced to a lengthy prison term.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭KaneToad

Tordelback wrote: »

The routine killing of black Americans by the police with very little consequence for the perpetrator, or signs of any improvement in the situation, or indication that peaceful protest receives anything other than sneers from the government and its base, is very, very different.

The routine killing of black Americans? Routine?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭irishgrover

I stand with with Rigilo.....
    when I was 12 someone stole my bike...and yet people here have the audacity to complain about black people being murdered by law enforcement

• Registered Users Posts: 5,249 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

I stand with with Rigilo.....
    when I was 12 someone stole my bike...and yet people here have the audacity to complain about black people being murdered by law enforcement

Was that less than a month ago?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

OP how dare you try and make political capital out of a tragic death!

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭pjdarcy

Christ. You sound like one of those "All lives matter" people OP. Pathetic

RIGOLO wrote: »
    Angela I said ... not ANN Summers..

Seeing as how we are having threads for victims of heinous crimes where the victims and perpretrator were of different colour.
    As with George Floyd I feel a deep pang of sorrow for this lady who was killed a few weeks before him. She deserves to not be forgotten just as poor old George.

A US postal worker, single mon, 45, with a teenage daughter, out doing her job was shot dead by a young African American who chased her to a neighbours porch where he shot her dead in cold blood all over an arguement about him not controlling his dog.
    Sounds like a lovely affable lady, working a postal route to keep the show on the road and support her small family.

Where are the protests about US federal employees (postal workers have the same stance of cops , it’s a federal crime to attack them) being shot in cold blood when serving their communities.
    https://eu.indystar.com/story/news/crime/2020/04/29/mail-carrier-angela-summers-killed-arrest-made-indianapolis/3048297001/

Where are the women out protesting about male violence in this instance ,

So no worldwide vigil for you Angela Summers, no global sigh for the loss of your life, no protests, no rememberance, no headlines, no rioting.
    You didn’t fit the narrative for main stream media white on black crime.

Even though there was a dog involved, the history has been written on how important your life was by the main stream media
    When a African American male gets into a heated debate in Central Park NY with a young white female jogger over her dog, well she is outed pilloried in society and teh world over, loses her job and has her face and story splashed across the worlds media for 2-3 days. No coming back from that. (Amy Copper news story 2 weeks back).

But when a middle aged white female doing her job is chased and then shot to death on the porch of some house by a young black male in another argument over a dog.. well the main stream media don’t know how to spin that story so dont pick it up when they doing are doing their morning scour of the press sites for what will make todays headlines for the sheeple they lead by the click.

So RIP Angela Summers and RIP George Floyd.
    No doubt you both experienced the same primal fear and realisation in those final moments as you thought this is it, this is how Im going to go.

The woman who found Angela bleeding out on her porch reports that as she held her hand waiting Angela was hyperventilating ….. sounds familiar - ‘I CANT BREATHE’

Your so sorry for the poor lady that you waited a few weeks to create a thread about her murder.

Only good thing about doing this is that the reason for doing so is plainly obvious and just goes to show that you don't really give a fu*k about either victim.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭RIGOLO

pjdarcy wrote: »
    Christ. You sound like one of those "All lives matter" people OP. Pathetic

I know the state of me..
    Its as if Im concerend by anyone being murdered by another human being.

Could you recommend a liberal arts program where I can be re-educated?
    Obviously my moral compass needs to be re-adjusted for the identiy politics era.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

ShareShare wrote: »
    OP, the protests are about a systemic long term problem, not about a single incident.
    For many white Americans, being victims of black-on-white crime is a long term problem and systematic across all the States of the Union. But we can't talk about it because the cool kids on here do not think it's ...... cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Nermal

Tordelback wrote: »
    You're describing a murder, a crime for which a vast infrastructure of law enforcement, judiciary and punishment exists to tackle it. It's tragic and horrible, but society condemns it and has established mechanisms for dealing with violent crime, however flawed.

Just flat wrong, in both points. You base your opinions on what you see in the media, not on data. If you bothered to look at the data, you'd see the precise opposite of what you say.

https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s/2016/crime-in-the-u.s.-2016/tables/expanded-homicide-data-table-3.xls

https://twitter.com/LeonydusJohnson/status/1267466345844740098

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Nika Bolokov

An absolutely disgusting thread aimed only at promoting racism.

Those who uphold the law must be seen to uphold the law.

Boards really is a cesspit these days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,361 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Thread is the definition of whataboutary

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Nika Bolokov

Nermal wrote: »
    Just flat wrong, in both points. You base your opinions on what you see in the media, not on data. If you bothered to look at the data, you'd see the precise opposite of what you say.

https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s/2016/crime-in-the-u.s.-2016/tables/expanded-homicide-data-table-3.xls

https://twitter.com/LeonydusJohnson/status/1267466345844740098

Rubbish. There are many more white people in America than black people.

Of course more white people are likely to be shot by police.

The disturbing thing is given that there 7 or 8 times more white people the numbers killed are the same.

Another random racist twitter account.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Nermal

The disturbing thing is given that there 7 or 8 times more white people the numbers killed are the same.

Happily, Nika, even the most extreme voices on the left would probably admit that the police do not generally shoot the population at random.

Therefore, the correct denominator is people arrested, not the population at large.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭kowloonkev

But black people are six times more likely to commit crimes than white people. Protesting against the police for prejudicial brutality against black people is ridiculous when we look at the statistics.

they could protest about other things like a system that makes it difficult for poor people to compete or get out of a bad neighbourhood, but to be honest I'm not sure it is that difficult in the US if you work hard enough.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,577 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

OP, maybe you should make an "Outrage" forum request

Not Current Affairs

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement