Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Cancelled] "Black lives matter" march 6th June 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

JoeA3 wrote: »
    This thread (and the Galway forum in general in recent times):

354062.jpg
    a cloud of virus particles floating around Eyre Square

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

This thread (and the Galway forum in general in recent times):

354062.jpg

Yeah, old man who doesn’t want to die during a second wave caused by the actions of these people before common sense idiots.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,578 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

ah joe thrown any tables lately??

• Registered Users Posts: 45,476 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

People before Profit messed up the morning of the election in Galway iirc. Don't listen to them, stay at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,545 ✭✭✭Topgear on Dave

robindch wrote: »
    People before Profit looking to organize a bunch of protests next Saturday:

Dear god, have these people been on another bloody planet for the last 3 months or what.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭owlbethere

Videos emerging from America of rioters and scenes of mayhem. Looting in shops and stealing cars.

And this, is what the Irish protesters want to stand in solidarity with. Good god, give over and light a candle instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,919 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Dear god, have these people been on another bloody planet for the last 3 months or what.

Could you even try to imagine what would happen to us if these gob****es were in Government

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭inisboffin

Make sure to self isolate for 14 days if you attend the “gathering” Attached Images
    File Type: jpeg 751BE7E8-1711-4C4D-82E7-B5F96BEF3456.jpeg

Where was this imaged sourced?

owlbethere wrote: »
    Videos emerging from America of rioters and scenes of mayhem. Looting in shops and stealing cars.

And this, is what the Irish protesters want to stand in solidarity with. Good god, give over and light a candle instead.

That’s all trumps fault. Or right wing ‘bad actors’ who have infiltrated the protests to discredit antifa and blm. If you are willing to suspend disbelief of course.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,820 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

The gombeens involved should be sent out to the bogs and told to bring home the elderly and vulnerables turf for them.it would be time better spent instead of standing in eyre square waffling sh1te talk.
    A soft,useless and entitled generation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

Make sure to self isolate for 14 days if you attend the “gathering”

And "No groups of more than 4"
    Do they think that this negates them from any responsibility?

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭collywobble7

goose2005 wrote:
    most "anti-racism" activism in Ireland is the same. In part because they appropriate their ideas from america, but black people in America have been there for centuries, and were brought there forcefully and terribly mistreated all that time. Not exactly the same as a population that chose to come here in the last 25 years and have generally been net recipients of Ireland's resources

This x 10000000000

• Registered Users Posts: 7,441 ✭✭✭JoeA3

ah joe thrown any tables lately??

You'll have to explain this one... :confused: it's sailed over my head.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭spurshero

NIMAN wrote: »
    Who is organising the meeting?

People with nothing for doing.

You'll have to explain this one... :confused: it's sailed over my head.

Just like the table

Make sure to self isolate for 14 days if you attend the “gathering”

Is that their poster for the protest they are planning.

It wouldn't fill me with much confidence for safety that's for sure. What do they mean by just the word antibacterial?

Bring your own
    Mask
    antibacterial
    Whatever else on the list

Antibacterial what?
    -wipes
    -gel
    -toothpaste

Lazy poster.

Also it's good to see they are recommending for people who attend to self isolate for 14 days. The fact that's there in the poster would tell me, there is a risk for an infection. Realistically how can attendees be trusted to do the right thing and self isolate after a potential exposure, especially how we move forward into phase 2 and reopening of more in our country.

Is that their poster for the protest they are planning.

It wouldn't fill me with much confidence for safety that's for sure. What do they mean by just the word antibacterial?

Bring your own
    Mask
    antibacterial
    Whatever else on the list

Antibacterial what?
    -wipes
    -gel
    -toothpaste

Lazy poster.

Also it's good to see they are recommending for people who attend to self isolate for 14 days. The fact that's there in the poster would tell me, there is a risk for an infection. Realistically how can attendees be trusted to do the right thing and self isolate after a potential exposure, especially how we move forward into phase 2 and reopening of more in our country.

This could be a sting organised by the Gardai. Anyone stupid enough to turn up gets locked up.

Antibacterial what?
    -wipes
    -gel
    -toothpaste

Lazy poster. .

None of which would be any use against a virus....

• Advertisement

Storm 10 wrote: »

Thankfully there's someone coming up and talking out against this.

None of which would be any use against a virus....

What do they want it for anyways? Will they be holding hands?

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭Smegging hell

The event has been postponed in the last few minutes: https://www.facebook.com/GalwayARN/posts/3267841269922360
    I don’t see much wrong with the thread unless you support illegal mass gatherings?

The poster extolling the segregationist governor of Alabama, George Wallace, isn't fooling anyone, for starters. Not so much a dog-whistle as a blow-horn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭CrankyHaus

The poster extolling the segregationist mayor of Alabama, George Wallace, isn't fooling anyone, for starters. Not so much a dog-whistle as a blow-horn.

What?

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭Smegging hell

CrankyHaus wrote: »
    What?

Governor of Alabama, I meant of course. "Segregation now, segregation tomorrow, segregation forever."

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Due to concerns about health risks regarding the COVID-19 crisis and taking into consideration the lack of social distancing space available to residents in Direct Provision centres, GARN have decided to postpone our #BlackLivesMatter protest until safety restrictions are lifted. We ask everyone to join us in an online protest on Saturday as well as signing an online book of condolences to victims of systemic racism and police brutality. Institutional racism and discrimination against Black and ethnic minority communities is as much a danger to lives as COVID-19, as they have seen a disproportionate number of cases and deaths worldwide, with many of these people being front line carers, medical staff and essential workers. We call on Ireland to acknowledge the injustices and structural racism that create rampant inequality in Ireland and beyond, and to instead embrace our changing intercultural society to create an equitable, fair Ireland for all our children.
    #BlackLivesMatter #EndDirectProvision

Since the march have been cancelled for now this thread is no longer needed.

Feel free to use the Current Affairs/IMHO forum to continue discussing George Floyd (RIP).

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Closed too fast.
    The march week still go ahead.
    https://www.galwaydaily.com/news/black-lives-matter-protest-in-galway-city-cancelled/
    Galway Anti-Racism Network’s Black Lives Matter protest in Galway City has been cancelled due to health and safety risks posed by COVID-19 – however a demonstration will still take place at 2pm

• Registered Users Posts: 3,264 ✭✭✭ratracer

biko wrote: »

It’s still a stupid ducking idea that shouldn’t be allowed happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭CrankyHaus

Governor of Alabama, I meant of course. "Segregation now, segregation tomorrow, segregation forever."

Sorry, I mean where did a poster extoll George Wallace?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,990 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

CrankyHaus wrote: »
    Sorry, I mean where did a poster extoll George Wallace?
    I presume he's referring to me
    I didnt extoll anything to do with his views on segregation! Only his views that protestors need to get some S-O-A-P and a J-O-B.

Advertisement