Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on Unlocking my Pay-As-You-Go mobile currently locked on Vodafone Ireland

Options
  • 02-06-2020 5:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭

I bought a new mobile Samsung Galaxy smartphone off the Vodafone Ireland website in December'19 and I ported my existing mobile number over to Vodafone from another network as part of the purchase.

The phone handset is currently locked to Vodafone Ireland and I understand this is still common practise in Ireland although; I have all the usual details that came with my original packaging along with IMEI number.

Fast forward 6 months and I would now like to be able to opt for a cheaper mobile operator like 48.ie, GoMo.ie etc; by using the same smartphone and was wondering if others had any tips/suggestions. There was some promotional credit and goodwill gesture credit applied at various stages to my Vodafone account since it was first created in December 2019 which brings the Total Credit applied to my PAYG account to € 122.50 approx. but Vodafone reps insist that the minimum spend threshold €127.00 amount must be topped up directly by the Customer as any other credits applied to my account are apparently not taken into consideration when a request is received for an NAC (Network Access Code).

I've currently spent €60.00 on Top-Ups out of the €122.50 and had the phone since December 2019 although; it would seem that I would now need to spend a further total balance of €67.00 before I would be eligible to pass the unlock criteria if I understand it correctly. It's hard to know what to believe as it can be confusing when dealing with different Vodafone agents so; any advice would be welcome here.

I would much rather spend €9.99 per month on calls/text/data Vs spending €20.00 per month with Vodafone going forward.

Otherwise; it's a case of taking a look at phone service providers who provide phone unlocking services in Cork City or online

Any recommendations on reputable agents and an idea on their rates for unlocking?

Comments

Advertisement