Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mastercard chargeback email

Options
  • 02-06-2020 5:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭

Hi,

I see on the chargeback form there is Post address and a Fax ( do these still exist ?) but no mention of email addres... can anyone advise if there is one.?>

Eddie

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

eddie wrote: »
    Hi,

I see on the chargeback form there is Post address and a Fax ( do these still exist ?) but no mention of email addres... can anyone advise if there is one.?>

Eddie
    https://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2058074134

The chargeback email address is Chargebacks@boi.com 

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭eddie

Hi,

Eddie
    https://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2058074134

The chargeback email address is Chargebacks@boi.com 
    Excellent - thank you..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Jennifer

Hi,

Eddie
    Hi Eddie,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here today. The chargeback email is only to be used in exceptional circumstances during covid 19 and was provided to customers who were cocooning during this time.

To ensure that our chargeback request is processed we would recommend that you post this to the address on the form or return the form and supporting documentation to your local branch.

We hope this helps and that you remain safe and well during this time.

Thanks Jen 

Hi,

Eddie
    Hi Eddie,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here today. The chargeback email is only to be used in exceptional circumstances during covid 19 and was provided to customers who were cocooning during this time.

To ensure that our chargeback request is processed we would recommend that you post this to the address on the form or return the form and supporting documentation to your local branch.

Thanks Jen 
    HI Jen,

I am cocooning so do not  have or want access to stamps etc  / post office / post box and do not have a fax... have not used either for more years than I can remember. I am amazed they are still being offered post and fax as realistic options... and no mention of carrier pigeons..  Really !

So you are saying the email is of no use.. and I need to post or get a time machine and find a fax ? --so why provide the email ?
    Eddie

Hi,

Eddie
    Hi Eddie,

Thanks Jen 
    HI Jen,

I am cocooning so do not  have or want access to stamps etc  / post office / post box and do not have a fax... have not used either for more years than I can remember. I am amazed they are still being offered post and fax as realistic options... and no mention of carrier pigeons..  Really !

So you are saying the email is of no use.. and I need to post or get a time machine and find a fax ? --so why provide the email ?
    Eddie

• Advertisement

Hi,

Eddie
    Hi Eddie,

Thanks Jen 
    HI Jen,

Eddie
    Thanks for getting back to us here Eddie. If you are not in a position to visit your local branch or post office, we would recommend that you contact our customer service team on 0818365365 so that an exception can be made in the event of your particular circumstances.

Our team is available Monday to Friday from 9am to 5pm and will be happy to help with this as best they can.

We hope this helps, thanks Jen 

Hi,

Eddie
    Hi Eddie,

Thanks Jen 
    HI Jen,

Eddie
    Thanks for getting back to us here Eddie. If you are not in a position to visit your local branch or post office, we would recommend that you contact our customer service team on 0818365365 so that an exception can be made in the event of your particular circumstances.

Our team is available Monday to Friday from 9am to 5pm and will be happy to help with this as best they can.

Hi Jen,

I know you are trying your hardest  but my position is as follows and my comments are NOT personal but about the BOI service..

I sent in the info to the chargeback email and cannot check if they received it ( I am approaching the 120 day limit ( AIB is 180 day )

I contacted MAster card by phone  but they cannot tell me if an email went through but they were a call center can could not know but they kindly sent an email ( to somewhere ) and requested the info and will call me back to advise.

In the meantime the number that you gave me is the unrelated banking 365 and after following all of the endless options I got to where I could choose the option where I could speak to a representitive and was then of course promptly cut off.

So another hour of my life wasted in achieving nothing..... why do they make is so difficult.....  I mean really............

What I want to do in essence is so easy and yet I have tied up email 3 telephone lines, the internet and wasted so much time and neither I or the BOI fold can tell me if the package is received and in progress.

Customer service
      really ?

Eddie

Hi,

Eddie
    Hi Eddie,

Thanks Jen 
    HI Jen,

Eddie

Hi Jen,

I know you are trying your hardest  but my position is as follows and my comments are NOT personal but about the BOI service..

I sent in the info to the chargeback email and cannot check if they received it ( I am approaching the 120 day limit ( AIB is 180 day )

I contacted MAster card by phone  but they cannot tell me if an email went through but they were a call center can could not know but they kindly sent an email ( to somewhere ) and requested the info and will call me back to advise.

In the meantime the number that you gave me is the unrelated banking 365 and after following all of the endless options I got to where I could choose the option where I could speak to a representitive and was then of course promptly cut off.

So another hour of my life wasted in achieving nothing..... why do they make is so difficult.....  I mean really............

What I want to do in essence is so easy and yet I have tied up email 3 telephone lines, the internet and wasted so much time and neither I or the BOI fold can tell me if the package is received and in progress.

Customer service
      really ?

Eddie
    Thanks for getting back to us here Eddie. Please be advised that our customer service team will be happy to look into the progress of your chargeback query and we are very sorry to heater that this has been your experience when trying to reach our team. Our chargeback department have up to 45 days to investigate and respond to your request once received.

When calling through to our customer service team we would ask that you select option 1 for service on your personal account, select option 6 to speak with an advisor and the option 2. 

Due to covid 19 we have temporarily reduced the number of customer service representatives on site and our hours are reduced from 9am to 5pm. Please be assured that our advisors will answer your call as soon as they can.

Thanks Jen  

Hi,

Eddie
    Hi Eddie,

Thanks Jen 
    HI Jen,

Eddie

Hi Jen,

Customer service
      really ?

Eddie
    Thanks for getting back to us here Eddie. Please be advised that our customer service team will be happy to look into the progress of your chargeback query and we are very sorry to heater that this has been your experience when trying to reach our team. Our chargeback department have up to 45 days to investigate and respond to your request once received.

When calling through to our customer service team we would ask that you select option 1 for service on your personal account, select option 6 to speak with an advisor and the option 2. 

Due to covid 19 we have temporarily reduced the number of customer service representatives on site and our hours are reduced from 9am to 5pm. Please be assured that our advisors will answer your call as soon as they can.

Thanks Jen  
    Hi Jen,

The shortcut - thank you - enabled me to talk to someone quickly.,  who checked it out and confirmed

A) email address no longer working  so use post / fax  / carrier pigeon. @ ( I added in the Pigeon myself  )

B) the 120 day limit for chargeback  is not from the date of being billed as I was in February but from the date of the provision or proposed provision of the service, in my case middle of July.

Still seems rediculous to me that I have to print out documents - gets a stamp, envelope, post them and then they have a delivery service and distributor to take to a particular office and then  they will more than likely be scanned back into another system/...
     and the cost / carbon footprint..........  lol

Rgds

Eddie

Hi,

Eddie
    Hi Eddie,

Thanks Jen 
    HI Jen,

Eddie

Hi Jen,

Customer service
      really ?

Eddie

Thanks Jen  
    Hi Jen,

The shortcut - thank you - enabled me to talk to someone quickly.,  who checked it out and confirmed

A) email address no longer working  so use post / fax  / carrier pigeon. @ ( I added in the Pigeon myself  )

B) the 120 day limit for chargeback  is not from the date of being billed as I was in February but from the date of the provision or proposed provision of the service, in my case middle of July.

Still seems rediculous to me that I have to print out documents - gets a stamp, envelope, post them and then they have a delivery service and distributor to take to a particular office and then  they will more than likely be scanned back into another system/...
     and the cost / carbon footprint..........  lol

Rgds

Eddie
    Hi Eddie,

Thanks for getting back to us here, we are happy to hear that you managed to speak to an advisor over the phone today.

Please be assured that we appreciate all feedback we receive from our customers and we will be sure to pass this on. 

If you remain unhappy with any aspect of the service you have received from Bank of Ireland and would like to make an official complaint in relation to this please see here for our complaints process.

We hope this helps.

Thanks Jen 

• Advertisement
Advertisement