Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can a bank apply interest years after a balance moved to debt collectors?

Options
  • 02-06-2020 5:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Scenario:

Student loan, 4 grand. Wasn't able to keep up the payments and instead of entering a payment plan I paid what I could not understanding it and the balance moved to a debt collection agency.

Paying it off the past few years. It was finally getting below 1000 and next thing it jumped back up by 2 grand. 

I queried what was going on and was advised this was the interest from the debt with the bank even though it with a collection agency.

I am looking for generic advice.

Thank you

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Aisling

Hi There, 

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.ie.

It would be best to link in with our Credit Operations Team. They can be contacted by phone on 1850 22 22 00. One of my colleagues will be more than happy to look into this further for you. 

Thanks, Aisling

Advertisement