Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Running in Limerick

• 02-06-2020 6:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Any suggestions for a running group in Limerick city for once the lockdown is further eased? Seen a few Athletic Clubs but they seem to do training in UL and I'd prefer something based in town that's regular without being too serious.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭djdunny

Have a look at the mycrew app. There are organised runs in various parts of the city.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭glic83

Check out the country club running group, they meet over by the strand hotel Tuesday and Thursday I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 132 ✭✭gtothek

Country Club would be the best fit I'd say. They do fit for life on Tuesdays & Thursdays outside the Strand. If you've done some running before & would be okay running 5 to 6 miles they also meet on Wednesdays at the Country Club Pub just beyond Caherdavin in the summer & the Strand in the winter. Pm me if you want more info or contact numbers. I know they're not meeting up at present but as the restrictions ease this should slowly change.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Birdie Num Num

Cossax wrote: »
    Hi all,

Any suggestions for a running group in Limerick city for once the lockdown is further eased? Seen a few Athletic Clubs but they seem to do training in UL and I'd prefer something based in town that's regular without being too serious.

Thanks!

Don’t be put off by club set ups. They generally cater for and welcome all levels. Fit4life is an Athletics Ireland initiative so affiliated clubs are more than likely to cater for same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 132 ✭✭gtothek

Don’t be put off by club set ups. They generally cater for and welcome all levels. Fit4life is an Athletics Ireland initiative so affiliated clubs are more than likely to cater for same.

Exactly, I know the first time I went to a club set up. You think they're all going to be some sort of elites but when you get there they're just the same as you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 531 ✭✭✭yrreg0850

Try Park Run Sat AM (when restrictions lifted) UL or Mungret.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Limerick Athletic Club senior athletes used to meet every Tuesday at 6:30 pm pre Covid19 at North Circular Road near Salesian school.

It would normally consist of a session or tempo run.

Advertisement