Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BLM Protest either Friday or Monday

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

Here's an information sheet stating it's on the 6th June so might be that day.
    515059.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 16,316 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭Daisy03

This is not the time for this. Anyone who goes to this on Friday is clearing saying they do not value our healthcare workers, our elderly and vulnerable.

10 cases today. Its been a while since its been that low. All of the lockdown rules we have endured for weeks will be for nothing.

Please think twice before going to this and find other ways of supporting this cause.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,005 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Cause is great and all but let's take care of ourselves over here first rather than having a protest that will do nothing. You're giving the finger to healthcare workers and elderly turning up to this.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,675 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

I beg ppl to do a remote social media version of the protest and not the chaotic scenes we saw in dublin yesterday. This virus is just waiting for a chance to return

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭Iscreamkone

Black skinned people have been experiencing worse outcomes than other ethnic groups after contracting coronavirus.
    Poor social distancing spreads coronavirus.
    Ironic that the black lives that matter may well be the ones that are hurt most by protest marches such as these.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Att vara en hest

Laying the foundation for an even larger second wave I see...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

This is an insult to those working on the Front Line.

Think of the Nursing Home Workers.

Think of those treating Covid19 patients.

Putting their lives on the line.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

Forwarded up the Gardai. Hopefully they come down hard on these miscreants.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 904 ✭✭✭Blaze420

Did the same in Limerick bud and if the gardai don’t show up we will - they’d better hope the gardai get there first...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,459 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Tough time for the Gardai, considering the whole thing was kicked off by a police officer. Any show of force will be bad PR.

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Tough time for the Gardai, considering the whole thing was kicked off by a police officer. Any show of force will be bad PR.

There’s no such thing as bad PR when gatherings like this are banned and illegal - I hope the shades batter the absolute **** out of the *****

• Registered Users Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

Large assemblies are not permitted simple as.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,371 ✭✭✭Phoebas

Blaze420 wrote: »
    There’s no such thing as bad PR when gatherings like this are banned and illegal - I hope the shades batter the absolute **** out of the *****

Does not compute.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

Phoebas wrote: »
    Does not compute.

Indeed, but the Mick Barry types of this world would relish that.

Phoebas wrote: »
    Does not compute.

Let me spell it out for you since you have difficulty - mass gatherings are ILLEGAL. If you participate in a mass gathering then i sincerely hope you get the absolute **** kicked out of you by the gardai or otherwise. It’s completely your OWN fault

Wasn’t aware that a Garda was involved. Do you have a link to that story?

A show of force is exactly what is needed. Here and in the US. Last thing we need is ‘antifa’ fascist scum looting and rioting in Ireland like we are seeing across the US.

Wasn’t aware that a Garda was involved. Do you have a link to that story?

A show of force is exactly what is needed. Here and in the US. Last thing we need is ‘antifa’ fascist scum looting and rioting in Ireland like we are seeing across the US.

Read my post again.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,371 ✭✭✭Phoebas

Blaze420 wrote: »
    Let me spell it out for you since you have difficulty - mass gatherings are ILLEGAL. If you participate in a mass gathering then i sincerely hope you get the absolute **** kicked out of you by the gardai or otherwise. It’s completely your OWN fault

Thanks. But I got ye the first time :rolleyes:

Read my post again.

No need. The Gardai weren’t involved, so claiming it is a ‘tough time’ for them is nonsense.

• Advertisement

No need. The Gardai weren’t involved, so claiming it is a ‘tough time’ for them is nonsense.

You’ll concede that the Gardai are a police force though?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭BruteStock

Im glad global attention was brought to that mans sickening murder. In a way im glad to see the carnage that followed as change over there is desperately needed and the rioting may be impetus that starts it. At least in terms of sending those po-po's to prison for a long time. Too often they are allowed to get off.
    But , having a protest in the blip on the map that is Cork is utterly pointless and achieves nothing.

You’ll concede that the Gardai are a police force though?

Not sure of the relevance of that but we have a police force, the same way every country on the planet has at least one police force.

The similarity ends there. Ours is a national police force. Ours is for the most part unarmed. Civilian injuries or deaths due to police intervention here are minimal. For white or black people.

So no, not ‘tough times’ for the Gardai.

Not sure of the relevance of that but we have a police force, the same way every country on the planet has at least one police force.

The similarity ends there. Ours is a national police force. Ours is for the most part unarmed. Civilian injuries or deaths due to police intervention here are minimal. For white or black people.

So no, not ‘tough times’ for the Gardai.

You don’t think that the type of people who will disobey the CV19 restrictions to protest in Cork as a knee jerk reaction to something that happened 6000km away won’t be filming every interaction between Gardai and protesters?
    You don’t think any force used, legitimately or otherwise, will be compared (legitimately or otherwise) to what happened in Minneapolis?

If I was a Garda, the last place I’d want to be is there.

You don’t think that the type of people who will disobey the CV19 restrictions to protest in Cork as a knee jerk reaction to something that happened 6000km away won’t be filming every interaction between Gardai and protesters?
    You don’t think any force used, legitimately or otherwise, will be compared (legitimately or otherwise) to what happened in Minneapolis?

If I was a Garda, the last place I’d want to be is there.

Let’s hope they do their duty and come down hard. See if we can gets Lugs Brannigan out of retirement for the day.

Let’s hope they do their duty and come down hard. See if we can gets Lugs Brannigan out of retirement for the day.

:D

Given they did SFA in Dublin, I wouldn’t hold out much hope.

:D

Given they did SFA in Dublin, I wouldn’t hold out much hope.

You are probably right. We can but pray.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

Obviously there's no sporting fixtures on so people have to find something else to do

Maybe they could organise a barbecue and invite some local travellers. Of course it's easier to identify with an issue 3000 miles away. Not too many African Americans on the Rochestown rd

Edgware wrote: »
    Obviously there's no sporting fixtures on so people have to find something else to do

Maybe they could organise a barbecue and invite some local travellers. Of course it's easier to identify with an issue 3000 miles away. Not too many African Americans on the Rochestown rd

Let the travellers loose on the protesters empty houses. That’d learn them. Coming home to a nice surprise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,316 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

He's dead.

Advertisement