Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BLM Protest either Friday or Monday

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

He's dead.

I know. It was a joke.

We should consider exhuming him, getting DNA sample, cloning a few hundred of him.

That is also a joke. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Truthvader

s1ippy wrote: »
    Here's an information sheet stating it's on the 6th June so might be that day.
    515059.jpeg

Hullo Idiots!

Black Pride Ireland? :)

Edit: sorry I see it is not the ‘Pride’ I was thinking.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,218 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

Forwarded up the Gardai. Hopefully they come down hard on these miscreants.

Pity they couldn't come down hard on the miscreants who had a grand ol drink session in a field in Banduff from 11pm - 4am every night over the bank holiday weekend.

Despite lots of residents phoning the guards all they did was 'log it'.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,005 ✭✭✭✭titan18

What did you say out of interest?

• Advertisement

titan18 wrote: »
    What did you say out of interest?

I asked them politely to come down on the protesters like a ton of bricks, with no exceptions, no one spared.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

Wow, I was just wondering if people in Cork were actually going to attend. Didn't anticipate a people would be calling for Gardaí to kick the heads off them. The protestors shouldn't do it, but I don't think that would do any good for anyone. Having bits of viscera flying around is probably a vector of transmission. Also civil unrest right now would be fairly inconvenient.

Having bits of viscera flying around is probably a vector of transmission.

A fair point, well made. Break out the water cannons instead. But fill them with urine as water shortages are on the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭EnzoScifo

Boards in the new PROC going by the looks of this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,316 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

I know. It was a joke.

We should consider exhuming him, getting DNA sample, cloning a few hundred of him.

That is also a joke. :)

You are very funny.

That was also a joke.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,717 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

Given how these progressive organised protests have been used as an execuse to riot ( Tim Pool - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIn_I49fCao ) then this shows the Virtue signalling of the far-left has negative consequences beyond Covid-19 re-outbreaks.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,322 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Some HTBs in this thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,038 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Why do I get the impression that some of the posters here would like to see these protesters battered by an Gardaí regardless of the virus?

Why do I get the impression that some of the posters here would like to see these protesters battered by an Gardaí regardless of the virus?

The protesters are revolting.

The protesters are revolting.

Care to elaborate?
    Especially considering that the protest hasn't happened yet, but somehow, you know who's going to be there.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,459 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Revolting - as an adjective rather than a verb.

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Revolting - as an adjective rather than a verb.

It was a gag not worth indulging, so I didn't.
    I took it as an adjective.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

What will a protest in Cork achieve in any case? Seriously, what do the protesters think the Irish gov will do?
    Anyone?
    Nothing - that's what.

The cop is being tried in the US and that is about all Ireland or anyone else for that matter need to know.

Don't give me the solidarity together bullsh1t either. This show of solidarity can be done on-line - no need for a ****1ng march. Complete disregard for all the lives lost to Covid19 and our front-line workers.

*I am horrified at George Flyod's death. His brother came out on twitter and asked for all the looting to stop. It really is a mess over there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭Pen Rua

Simon Harris has called on such rallies not to go ahead: https://twitter.com/newschambers/status/1268138405981978625

Related to this, Galway City Mayor Cllr Mike Cubbard is calling on the rally in Galway not to go ahead but is instead suggesting people light candles in their windows as a show of solidrity & hope https://twitter.com/FlirtNewsFeed/status/1268132197166350341

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭beer enigma

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭Daisy03

Hopefully the Cork one will be cancelled too.

I wonder why the first Dublin march was unchallenged?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

There are cases being taken against the organisers if the news articles are to be believed.

There's very little online about the Cork protest but I'd imagine Cork won't have one if Dublin isn't. Serious relief, what a setback it could have been to containing the virus.

There will be a time when we can do this, it's just clearly not a good idea when there's a fatal condition which can be spread and I think anyone can understand that. It would have a fallout as bad as Cheltenham or if Paddy's day parades had gone ahead.

There are cases being taken against the organisers if the news articles are to be believed.

There's very little online about the Cork protest but I'd imagine Cork won't have one if Dublin isn't. Serious relief, what a setback it could have been to containing the virus.

There will be a time when we can do this, it's just clearly not a good idea when there's a fatal condition which can be spread and I think anyone can understand that. It would have a fallout as bad as Cheltenham or if Paddy's day parades had gone ahead.

The action was taken after the fact.

How was it that it must have taken at least a day or two to get the info out and organised, and no one in the meantime said hang on a minute, there's a pandemic??

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Did they get back to you?

This is moronic beyond belief. A huge risk to everyones health just to get a pic for the insta and twitter.....

So apparently the protest in Dublin is still going ahead.

https://www.thejournal.ie/black-lives-matter-protest-saturday-dublin-monday-5114253-Jun2020/

Surely the gardai or City Council's should be able able to put a stop to these?

Anyone know if there is anything we can do to try and get the Cork one stopped? I am tempted to email my local politican. I have never done anything like this but the ignorance in this is going ahead despite our current situation is maddening me. My aunt died in April and I still havent hugged my Mum as she has an underlying condition. To see people ignore all the rules and put Irish people's lives at risk is sickening. We have made so much progress.

If anyone who goes to this thinks this will make the slightest difference to the situation in the US they are fooling themselves.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Slim Charles

Black skinned people have been experiencing worse outcomes than other ethnic groups after contracting coronavirus.
    Poor social distancing spreads coronavirus.
    Ironic that the black lives that matter may well be the ones that are hurt most by protest marches such as these.

It's going to be 90% white girls if the other protests and social media are anything to go by.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

Some of these groups are protesting for the abolition of direct provision.

Its not the right time.

And dont worry the Americans dont give two hoots about Ireland so having a solidarity protest wont change the world.

• Advertisement

mikeym wrote: »

Seems like Councillor Fiona Ryan is promoting the protest. All voters in her constituency need to remember this come the next election. She should be ashamed of herself.

Advertisement