Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BLM Protest either Friday or Monday

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭Daisy03

mikeym wrote: »

Seems like Councillor Fiona Ryan is promoting the protest. All voters in her constituency need to remember this come the next election. She should be ashamed of herself.

https://www.echolive.ie/corknews/My-appointment-has-been-cancelled-but-I-unequivocally-support-the-nurses-84539e22-bb68-40c9-9dbf-7b690ad182c6-ds

Says here that she supports nurses. But yet she is ignoring health advice and supporting a protest that flies in the face of our health system and frontline workers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

From the Citizens Information Website in relation to funeral rules.
    There should not be more than 10 people in a church or at the graveside.

The Gardai need to clamp down on these protests when theres strict rules on funerals.

https://twitter.com/CllrFionaRyan/status/1268297915321245697?s=19

The protest on Friday has been cancelled. The one of Monday is still going ahead. Why there was ever two protest planned I don't know. Hopefully Monday's one will be cancelled yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

Arseholes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,005 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Looking at the Facebook, people still intending to show up anyway.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

Utter geniuses.

I never usually say Jesus wept because it's an idiotic phrase but in fairness, there were a few small tears for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

The gardai are threatening to hold up the law, the hypocrisy!

You cant make this sh*t up

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

Can people really get an stupider?
    Marching for something that's happened in USA, that's happened previously and obviously nothing has changed and not having any respect for the restrictions that have been placed on us for the past 9 weeks due to China's inability to cop the f**k on.

I'm so sick and tired and of this mentality of protesting for nothing. Fools.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,826 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

titan18 wrote: »
    Looking at the Facebook, people still intending to show up anyway.

They only see the rules as applying to those beneath them.

Mommy's VHI package has them covered so they'll be ok for the Virus and it largely only kills the elderly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,316 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Can people really get an stupider?
    Marching for something that's happened in USA, that's happened previously and obviously nothing has changed and not having any respect for the restrictions that have been placed on us for the past 9 weeks due to China's inability to cop the f**k on.

I'm so sick and tired and of this mentality of protesting for nothing. Fools.

They're free to hold their alphabet soup hodge podge open air protest any other time, just not now.

The stamping of little feet and wailing 'but what about Gemma' puts them in a very poor light. Just goes to show the maturity of the kind of people we're dealing with. We have all made sacrifices, but we dont complain, we just get on with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,131 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

Just had a look at the FB page. A lot of entitled little Daddy's princesses stamping their feet. Two or three unbelievable numptys, the type you just can't reason with.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

People have a duty of care, primarily to themselves, but also to their immediate families.

If they cannot behave or obey the rules, then so be it. They need to be treated accordingly as they are unable to maintain their own welfare.

Water cannon them if the show up in large numbers and don't adhere to SD rules.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,510 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Another march going on in town?
    I can hear it from my apartment.

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    Another march going on in town?
    I can hear it from my apartment.

Probably. Because they can.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,510 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

Staggering.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,826 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

igCorcaigh wrote: »

Middle class tossers.

I haven't seen family members since March, , funerals missed, down 5k this year but no, no restrictions for these little lords and ladies.

Arrogant little ****s.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,912 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

No point being stupid unless you prove it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

Snowflake generation.

We all are appalled by George Floyds death but we are still in the middle of a pandemic and mass gatherings are not allowed.

The Gardai should have put a stop to this.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

They really are taking the piss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Isn't there a % (high double digit) factor that after months of 'once in a lifetime' lockdown, many of these young yoof protestors looked forward to a 'big day out' in the sunshine. Glastonbury for the streets, and good dose of Vit D to boot.

Add in the social media photo clicks and likes, giving young developing teenage minds their oxytocin levels major boost after such (COVID) trauma.

Once normalisation of social distancing returns, really, don't expect crowds of hundreds everytime there is an interaction error with someone juiced up on narcotics.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,038 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Once normalisation of social distancing returns, really, don't expect crowds of hundreds everytime there is an interaction error with someone juiced up on narcotics.

what?
    Explain "interaction error", please.

Are you calling what is being charged as a second degree murder as an, "interaction error"? Seriously.

I know I shouldn't react to this kind of baiting, despicable nonsense but FFS!

mikeym wrote: »
    Snowflake generation.

We all are appalled by George Floyds death but we are still in the middle of a pandemic and mass gatherings are not allowed.

The Gardai should have put a stop to this.

Guards are in a no-win situation.

Look on and do nothing is like they're condoning it and encouraging others to come out.
    Move in and break it up and they're "racists", worse than the Minneapolis Police Dept.

The PSNI issued fines for the Belfast protests, should have been done here, recoup some PUP money off the pups.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

The Guards are in a difficult situation, but not a "no win" situation.

As far as i am concerned there is a no mass gathering law in place.

Plane and simple. No grey area.

cadaliac wrote: »
    The Guards are in a difficult situation, but not a "no win" situation.

As far as i am concerned there is a no mass gathering law in place.

Plane and simple. No grey area.

How do you suggest they enforce it then? Crack heads or ask them to go home nicely? Fine them?

• Registered Users Posts: 86,681 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Advertisement