Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BRS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,972 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

To be honest the colour coding across everything is terrible - mostly a blob of grey - hard to even pick names out .

harder now
    on my one anyway they have bunched two names together on top of each other rather than spread out. you actually need to study it to see whats happening or if it a 3ball or 4ball

• Registered Users Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭the.red.baron

Not sure why people are going on about scaling the old system, are you all opening your timesheets at the same time or what

If not then the load is hardly going to be an issue really

If it is then move the timesheet opening time

• Registered Users Posts: 13,375 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

Seve OB wrote: »
    that screen grab looks more like the older version if you ask me
    It is. :D

This thread is starting to remind me of this:

tenor.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭davegilly

pakman wrote: »
    Pro in Kilcock said it just wasn't available outside of comps. It would still be worth having all the time though. Valuable slots are going unfilled due to late withdrawals and I've played twice in 2 balls in past 5 days.
    I was one of the late withdrawals on Monday due to work. It seems to be a pretty regular occurrence with people working from home putting their names down but having to pull out last minute due to being too busy with work, I've ended up in 2 two balls as well. However i reckon with the weather changing you wont have anywhere near as many midweek players now.

Doesnt make any sense that you can't operate a waiting list for casual games though.

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭fearruanua

Seve OB wrote: »
    harder now
    on my one anyway they have bunched two names together on top of each other rather than spread out. you actually need to study it to see whats happening or if it a 3ball or 4ball

on the laptop anyway if you click on "detail" in the top right corner it tidies the lines up a bit. makes it easier to see. they're in a line across instead of being bunched up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,888 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

davegilly wrote: »
    I was one of the late withdrawals on Monday due to work. It seems to be a pretty regular occurrence with people working from home putting their names down but having to pull out last minute due to being too busy with work, I've ended up in 2 two balls as well. However i reckon with the weather changing you wont have anywhere near as many midweek players now.

Doesnt make any sense that you can't operate a waiting list for casual games though.

I know things can happen - but in these times, people should only be putting themselves down if they are very sure they will play - times are restricted - BRS is a mess. It isn't a time to be just sticking yourself in - or your mates who you in liberality do not know if they are going to play.

Should be something issued from clubs in light of BRS - and the lack of times.

Don't put yourself in or anyone else unless you are playing - was out today and loads of gaps - but a full time sheet.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭davegilly

Don't put yourself in or anyone else unless you are playing
    But I was playing. And then something came up?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,888 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

davegilly wrote: »
    But I was playing. And then something came up?

Yes - I understand. There are genuine cases.

But there are far more that are not. And just people not turning up - or worse were stuck down by someone - and were never going to play.

At this time - only stick yourself in - if very certain of playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭bmay529

Our BRS system is set to open bookings from 8.10pm and the response time is very slow. Is BRS booking time in all Irish clubs the same?

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭GolfNut33

bmay529 wrote: »
    Our BRS system is set to open bookings from 8.10pm and the response time is very slow. Is BRS booking time in all Irish clubs the same?

They're mostly different days/times.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭Golf is my Game

Booking opening time is set by the club itself, so up to the manager or member that handles BRS there.

I think I seen a setting also that allows the club to only allow the member who is logged in to book himself and not others or his mates as well. This would stop some of the overbooking and noshows.

I think I seen a setting also that allows the club to only allow the member who is logged in to book himself and not others or his mates as well. This would stop some of the overbooking and noshows.

yes that can be done. i know of a club who use it all the time. however, i know at least a half dozen members there, and they all have each others log in details and book each other regularly, without even checking if they are going to play or not

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭BigChap1759

Our timesheet opened at 12 today - the screen hung for 30 seconds then I was booted out to the login page again and by the time I'd logged in again all times gone - total shambles :mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Our timesheet opened at 12 today - the screen hung for 30 seconds then I was booted out to the login page again and by the time I'd logged in again all times gone - total shambles :mad::mad::mad:

Were you using the desktop version?

I’ve found the iPhone app a hell of a lot more reliable than the desktop version.

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Lefty2Guns

Same. I was using my laptop to book via the golf clubs website and the website crashed. Started using the BRS app and no problems since.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,123 ✭✭✭finglashoop

Is BRS worse than Chronogolf?

I tried to use the webpage this morning on phone browser and laptop and it is horrendous to use.

I know there is a lot of traffic but the app doesnt open until about 5 mins after browser and it should be able to cope imo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭the.red.baron

it can't be any worse that's for sure

Is BRS worse than Chronogolf?

I tried to use the webpage this morning on phone browser and laptop and it is horrendous to use.

I know there is a lot of traffic but the app doesnt open until about 5 mins after browser and it should be able to cope imo

nothing is worse than chronogolf

Updated my Android tablet BRS app after noticing there was a BRS update from 10/6 (I think). Then tried same on my Android phone but did not to require update!!! even though I would have thought I had not updated it in the past 2 weeks!!!

My problems have been
    1. Android tablet sometimes blank screened when app selected but fine when loaded a second time.
    2. Countdown timer out of synch with another user... once 15 seconds ahead, another time 30 seconds behind with same user
    3. Most lines on Booking page not available on entry as soon as countdown hit "0" and screen refreshed
    4. Several times when "Book Now" button hit was told line not available. This repeated a second time only to then find there were no "reasonable" times available... frustrating I understand the concept of record locking.
    5. Waiting list not automatically allocated when booking removed
    6. Old style screens appeared accasonally but have not noticed that for a while.

I would imagine those with very fast internet speeds would have an advantage but there seems to be other factors influencing booking availability.

I presume there are different apps for PC/laptops, Android tablet/phone, iPad/iPhone. I wonder which are most reliable?

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭mighty magpie

Rumour round our place now is that there is a macro to book tee times on BRS once they are live.

Saturday and sunday are a nightmare to get booked in since lockdown was lifted but this one group have managed the same time everyweek.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Nedser101

BRS is not live for everybody at the same time .at our club I’ve noticed same names at the same times for the last 5 weeks . This would be impossible if it was live the same times for everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭redhill

Nedser101 wrote: »
    BRS is not live for everybody at the same time .at our club I’ve noticed same names at the same times for the last 5 weeks . This would be impossible if it was live the same times for everyone.

This cud be true but it’s not a BRS Issue, it’s M&H at ur club or someone else at the club who has access beforehand, there is also no macro for BRS, it’s most likely club shenanigans

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭Golf is my Game

If youve an admin password, you can add your name (and anyone else you want) before it goes live. I have one for our club but dont use it like that but I could. Some clubs, if theyve member looking after it different years but dont delete the admin ones then you can have lots who know it or a few who then share it out with there mates and so on. Never heard of a macro but the admin way I know works for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭mighty magpie

I heard about the macro from a member of the commitee. He's told me BRS have been contacted to look into it.

We have 3 tee times pre populated each saturday, captain, president and sponsor. Someone would have seen it already if this group (who are getting same time each week) were getting in before the tee goes live.

Hopefully won't matter anymore if the commitee go back to block booked summer times now we are at 10 minute intervals.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭Ollieboy

I heard about the macro from a member of the commitee. He's told me BRS have been contacted to look into it.

We have 3 tee times pre populated each saturday, captain, president and sponsor. Someone would have seen it already if this group (who are getting same time each week) were getting in before the tee goes live.

Hopefully won't matter anymore if the commitee go back to block booked summer times now we are at 10 minute intervals.

Your own committees can access the audit history of booking and can identify any issues.

I had members stating the same and I check it.

Some people book from mobile devices and this is likely causing delays.

It would be possible to create a macro to book your tee time, but it’s still based on someone not getting the spot before it, so it’s hugely unlikely.

How is everyone finding the BRS systems working at this stage? While many things have settled down one annoyance in our club system is that you cannot see your purse when making a booking so cannot confirm you have sufficient funds before making a booking. It was handy in the old version and its omission in the new system is a real pain if you find you are out of funds on completing a booking. There is a separate purse menu option on my windows laptop where I can see and topup my purse but there is no such option on my Android phone or tablet. System relies on you remembering what you have in your purse. Do all BRS systems work in this way?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,161 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

How is everyone finding the BRS systems working at this stage? While many things have settled down one annoyance in our club system is that you cannot see your purse when making a booking so cannot confirm you have sufficient funds before making a booking. It was handy in the old version and its omission in the new system is a real pain if you find you are out of funds on completing a booking. There is a separate purse menu option on my windows laptop where I can see and topup my purse but there is no such option on my Android phone or tablet. System relies on you remembering what you have in your purse. Do all BRS systems work in this way?

BRS should always tell you your purse after you book also, its not good telling you that you dont have enough money when you are trying to book!

It depends on what software your club is using for their back end. With Handicap Master (Master Scoreboard being the front end), you can view your purse balance in the 'My Golf' section if that option is turned on by the Master Scoreboard administrator. Other systems may vary.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,172 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Our club uses BRS but doesn't utilise the online top up for some bizarre reason. All top ups have to be made at the club itself.

I haven't got caught out yet... but I will.

• Advertisement

PARlance wrote: »
    Our club uses BRS but doesn't utilise the online top up for some bizarre reason. All top ups have to be made at the club itself.

I haven't got caught out yet... but I will.
    BRS and back end systems like Handicap Master (Master Scoreboard) and ClubV1 (HowDidIDo) are not the same, but can be integrated. BRS is purely a booking and timesheet system, the others are back/front end systems for handicap and competition management with other features like purses and subs. These also have integrated booking systems, but most clubs seem to prefer BRS for that.

Advertisement