Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cost of Paving

Options
  • 02-06-2020 10:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 49

Hi Folks,

I have about 50 Square Metres of paving to lay and was thinking about building a small wall of around 18 inches high around it. Its about 20 metres in total for the wall. What would I be looking at for labour costs?

The products I intend to get from Roadstone , probably the indian standstone and the keltstone walling.

The area is already prepared with 804 finish but would probably need some levelling off.

Thanks Sirus,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,969 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

18 inches is just 2 blocks high if laid on the flat, would you consider doing the wall yourself to cut down on labour costs?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 49 SirustheVirus

Hi Mantis,

I might have to do that but wouldnt take on the paving job. Any ideas on the cost to put down paving these days? I will supply all the materials so really its only the labour costs.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭kardarie

Hi Folks,

I have about 50 Square Metres of paving to lay and was thinking about building a small wall of around 18 inches high around it. Its about 20 metres in total for the wall. What would I be looking at for labour costs?

The products I intend to get from Roadstone , probably the indian standstone and the keltstone walling.

The area is already prepared with 804 finish but would probably need some levelling off.

Thanks Sirus,

We recently purchased paving but the black limestone. Roadstone were quoting us €25 sq.m. and we got it from Walshs paving Centre in galway for €20 sq.m. mite be worth a phone call if u haven't purchased already. Cant help on labour costs as we will be doin ours ourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭chocksaway

We've been quoted 3700 cash for a 45 sq meter patio with grey indian sandstone, supplied and fitted

Waiting on some other quotes from other contractors

• Registered Users Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭standardg60

Hi Mantis,

I might have to do that but wouldnt take on the paving job. Any ideas on the cost to put down paving these days? I will supply all the materials so really its only the labour costs.

Some may charge little, and not have a clue what they're doing, and some may charge what seems a crazy price. Laying natural paving is not an easy job, and you'll be looking at it for years, so imo the cost is irrelevant.
    The important thing is to find someone who does it well, so seek recommendations and see their previous work.

• Advertisement
Advertisement