Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Move from Eir to Virgin with bill dispute

• 02-06-2020 11:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,102 ✭✭✭

Hi
    Ive been trying to remove my tv option with Eir (currently on tv + broadband) for weeks now (cannot get through on phone or chat) so have cancelled online (today) and unplugged my tv box and cancelled my direct debit.

I've seen people have issues where they continue to get billed from Eir even when they cancel.

Will there be any issue with the line coming in to the house for Virgin to supply broadband if there's a dispute over my bill with Eir?

Thanks
    M

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Virgin don't use OpenEirs lines so no.

But do you have a Virgin cable?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,102 ✭✭✭mathie

ED E wrote: »
    Virgin don't use OpenEirs lines so no.

But do you have a Virgin cable?

Im not sure.
    How would I check?
    Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 739 ✭✭✭barryribs

mathie wrote: »
    Im not sure.
    How would I check?
    Thanks

https://www.virginmedia.ie/broadband/buy-a-broadband-package/

Put your address in there and it will tell you.

Whether you have cancelled or not, you are still going to be billed for the next 30 days or the remainder of the contract, so there is no point in unplugging anything.

Eir will also never restrict access to the line by another provider, they only provide the infrastructure. If there is a dispute, they will continue to bill you until it is resolved/paid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Do you know for sure that you’re out of contract with eir?

I rang eir the other day and got through in 10mins.
    I must be lucky as I've never had a problem getting them on the phone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,341 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Are you wanting to move everything over to VM? If so, join VM and port your number over to VM, as soon as that happens your eir account will be cancelled and a final bill will issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

If OP doesn’t have phone product and doesn’t take VM phone product that won’t work.

Unplugging the box and cancelling the direct debit is a pretty foolish approach too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,341 ✭✭✭CoBo55

colm_mcm wrote: »
    If OP doesn’t have phone product and doesn’t take VM phone product that won’t work.

Unplugging the box and cancelling the direct debit is a pretty foolish approach too.

So we’re both foolish according to your wisdom... and what do you suggest?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 739 ✭✭✭barryribs

colm_mcm wrote: »

The UAN of the account can be linked to phone, broadband or both. He can port from just a broadband to broadband, or broadband to a bundle.

Advertisement