Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SEGA Game Gear Micro

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭Homelander

I really don't get it. It's so tiny as to be actually useless and extremely awkward/difficult to use. And €40 for a scabby 4 games?

I'm sure they thought it through and considered it a good marketing plan but I cannot understand it at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,442 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Sega Game Gear? more like Sega Lame Gear!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,384 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Sold out on amazon.jp so Sega must know the market for this.... Collectors.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,440 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Retr0gamer wrote: »

‘Collectors’, the gentleman’s ‘mugs’. :p

I kid, but I do genuinely feel that Sega are being irresponsible by actively encouraging people to buy four pieces of functionally-limited e-waste in the waiting.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,384 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It's a complete waste of M2's talents as well. Why bother getting the premier studio for emulating games and making them as accurate as possible then putting them on a system where they aren't playable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,192 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Don't see the point in this too.
    This next-step into retro consoles after the mega drive-mini should have been the Saturn mini.

Saturn is insanely difficult to emulate though.

Game gear was only viable one as the master system had no popularity in America or Japan.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭eggy81

Worst biggest ever announcement in gaming, ever!

eggy81 wrote: »
    Worst biggest ever announcement in gaming, ever!

That wasn't even the big announcement. The big announcement was a cloud gaming platform for Japanese arcades.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,752 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

or smaller hands?

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

It's the kind of thing should be thrown in with a boxed game.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,192 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Saturn is insanely difficult to emulate though.

Game gear was only viable one as the master system had no popularity in America or Japan.

Heard it is and ironically hard to develop for back in the day.

Still. That should have been next or the sega Dreamcast. Now there's a mini console that would be awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Well that's another box for the shelf next to the NES minei, SNES mini, PS1 mini that video never played.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,752 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Well that's another box for the shelf next to the NES minei, SNES mini, PS1 mini that video never played.

the PS Mini is a fantastic emulator machine though... I have mine plugged into my 55" playing 100s of MAME arcade games. I like to leave it on playing the attract screens and it's like walking into my own arcade.

Advertisement