Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

David Dorn - 77 years old shot by looters - no protests for you

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

Trigger happy is one thing but do they think about the consequences of shooting someone, even a burglar? Most people will be traumatised for life by shooting someone. Might never sleep soundly again. Some of them talk about it like they'd love to get a go at shooting someone, like it would be getting to play Call of Duty in real life. That's the situation they're in now. the people have guns so the burglars have guns, so the people need guns so the burglars need guns. Now a simple burglary is a shooting matter. Very sad situation

If a burglar doesnt want to get shot doing a burglary he knows what to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

Why was Floyd arrested in the first place?

How did he end up being confronted by police?

I presume he wasn't just innocently going about his business and they saw a black guy and spotted an opportunity to attack.

No, he wasn't. A fairly horrible person by accounts reported.

So he should have been arrested and charged and faced with prison if he committed a crime.

Because he lives in a democracy where the right to a fair trail is guaranteed.

Human rights apply to all not just upstanding citizens. Civilised countries that provide democratic and fair procedures like the US do not allow the murder of their citizens based on the opinion of the police.

The US guarantees its citizens a right to a fair trail in it's constitution. You may not agree with that however that doesn't change that fact.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

What have you against Athlone? My family hails from Athlone.
    What stunning Metropolis are you from?

Thurles. Where we don’t talk about the “sidewalk” or “stores (apart from dunnes)“or use expressions like “I’m excited for..” (it’s “I’m excited about”) or “I could care less...” (that doesn’t make sense in either vernacular) .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

splinter65 wrote: »
    Thurles. Where we don’t talk about the “sidewalk” or “stores (apart from dunnes)“or use expressions like “I’m excited for..” (it’s “I’m excited about”) or “I could care less...” (that doesn’t make sense in either vernacular) .
    Just spend your time talking about "lurries" and "dunkeys" and greeting people with a "Well"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

I didn't read any of the posts in this thread but everyone is RACIST

Except for me

• Advertisement

No, he wasn't. A fairly horrible person by accounts reported.

So he should have been arrested and charged and faced with prison if he committed a crime.

Because he lives in a democracy where the right to a fair trail is guaranteed.

Human rights apply to all not just upstanding citizens. Civilised countries that provide democratic and fair procedures like the US do not allow the murder of their citizens based on the opinion of the police.

The US guarantees its citizens a right to a fair trail in it's constitution. You may not agree with that however that doesn't change that fact.

Agree. If he was being arrested why did it end up with a knee to his neck? Would like to see the video before it got to that point. I am assuming he didn't come peacefully like you or I would if we were being arrested.

He didn't deserve what happened to him, but possibly he doesn't deserve the martyrdom status either

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

As a small business owner I have great sympathy for owners over there

the amount of blood sweat and tears that goes into running a place only for little toe rags to come along and try and destroy it

surprised more looters are not getting blown away

JJayoo wrote: »
    I didn't read any of the posts in this thread but everyone is RACIST

Except for me

Ha. Typical of your people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

splinter65 wrote: »

Pot and Kettle tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

Edgware wrote: »
    Just spend your time talking about "lurries" and "dunkeys" and greeting people with a "Well"

It’s a lot better then starting every sentence with”Soo....“ and ending that sentence in a question mark, like Kourtney Kardashian. If other Irish people want to be ashamed of their accents and dialects and pretend that they shop on 42nd street or in Beverly Hills then they can go right ahead but most people will still laugh at them, point scoff and scorn.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Space Dog

It is a Gehweg where I am, you inconsiderate B*******. I'm highly offended that neither you nor the OP have shown me the consideration I deserve. I feel like lashing out.

How dare you, it's a Bürgersteig.

Agree. If he was being arrested why did it end up with a knee to his neck? Would like to see the video before it got to that point. I am assuming he didn't come peacefully like you or I would if we were being arrested.

He didn't deserve what happened to him, but possibly he doesn't deserve the martyrdom status either

I didn't say he came peacefully. Please don't put words into my mouth.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭ThewhiteJesus

As a small business owner I have great sympathy for owners over there

the amount of blood sweat and tears that goes into running a place only for little toe rags to come along and try and destroy it

surprised more looters are not getting blown away

They should be dealt with harshly, but the cops are so afraid of the race card they are holding back

• Registered Users Posts: 8,173 ✭✭✭Wompa1

The Guardian posted it 2 or 3 days ago. Multiple video and audio sources.

He was sitting in his car and was drunk. He complied when arrested. When they tried to put him in the back of the cop car he asked not to and that he was claustraphobic. They got him in. He was in there...then the guy who would up with his knee on his neck showed up and dragged him out of the back of the car.

No one knows what went on in the back of the car. You can guess it was bad for the officers though as they were fired.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,173 ✭✭✭Wompa1

They should be dealt with harshly, but the cops are so afraid of the race card they are holding back

Where are they holding back? They are completely out numbered.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Das Reich

If those yankees try to do that at some Korean or other foreigner shop it would be fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

Why was Floyd arrested in the first place?

How did he end up being confronted by police?

I presume he wasn't just innocently going about his business and they saw a black guy and spotted an opportunity to attack.

He was accused by the shop of using a counterfeit 20 dollar note to buy cigarettes.

I thought this video was quite good at showing the situation and mapping it out with multiple videos:

https://www.nytimes.com/video/us/100000007159353/george-floyd-arrest-death-video.html

• Registered Users Posts: 4,669 ✭✭✭elefant

Wompa1 wrote: »
    Where are they holding back? They are completely out numbered.

They're also laying into journalists, wading into peaceful protestors outside the white house, pepper spraying senators, firing rubber bullets at people who pose no threat...

Hopefully they keep holding back, because there has been some shocking footage of what holding back looks like in the past couple of days. I don't like to imagine what scenes we'd see if they acted freely.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭ShatterAlan

RIGOLO wrote: »
    In more current affairs...
    seeing as how we are having threads for victims of heinous crimes in America , lets have one for David Dorn.

Shot dead trying to protect a business from looters and peacful protestors who were honouring George FLoyds memory by destroying everything they could lay their hands on.

He was a retired St. Louis police captain who became a small-town police chief and was found fatally shot early Tuesday outside a pawn shop that was looted after protests over the death of George Floyd turned violent.
    He was shot in the stomach and left to bleed out on the sidewalk at 2AM .

It was just one of 50 plus businesses damagaed in that small area, by the peacful protestors out expressing anger at their communities being left behind by destroying the livelihoods and stores in said community.

He deserves to not be forgotten just as poor old George Floyd .Especially after giving 38 years working as a police officer in that neighbourhood.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/small-town-police-chief-killed-officers-cities-wounded/story?id=71017820

Lets bare a few moments to think of the widow he leaves behind. May she find solace and comfort.

There wont be any editorials, or much column inches given over to David Dorn in the main stream media or up-coming weekend newspapapers.. I guess they didnt teach critical thinking in journalism college these days. They dont have the language to even discuss it other than to give a footnote and small bio and move on to the more exciting race-baiting micro-macro aggression that runs off the global newswire they all suck the teat of.

Theres no spin to put on his death that will help the media with their virtue signaling rating battle. So rather than discuss it and potentially say the wrong thing, its far safer to not really discuss it all.

So no worldwide vigil for you David Dorn, no global sigh for the loss of your life, no protests, no rememberance, no headlines, no rioting.
    You didn’t fit the narrative for main stream media race baiting and politicising white on black crime to attack the incumbent President of the USA.
    So what time is the protest in Galway City this weekend to honour him ?

The liberal left wont be up in a huff over your passing. The indoctrination they subject themselves to daily, some of it knowingly some unknowingly, does'nt give them a lexicon to verbalise on your sad end. There are no social justice buzzwords they can throw out ad-nauseum with your shuffle off this mortal coil. Even their verbal gymnastics would struggle to get the N word (1936 Germany N word) into the conversation on your exit. So they will scuttle off to regroup and find another bandwagon to jump on. A bandwagon and a megaphone , twitter handle , press release where they will compete with each other to see who can be the most outraged and woke.

So RIP David Dorn.
    I suppose we should give credit where credit is due, at least the peacful protestors didnt rob a cheesecake to honour your memory.

David Dorn was killed by a common criminal trying to rob him. The killers will most likely be caught and charged, convicted and sentenced.

George Floyd was basically tortured to death by a notoriously violent cop and his henchmen who should have been kicked off the force years ago and thrown in jail. He would most likely have gotten away with the killing too if the video didn't make the rounds. David Dorn's life was no less precious than George Floyd's but the savagery of Floyd's death at the hands of agents who are sworn to protect the public yet do anything but and dole out this level of brutality wholesale and with not only impunity but gusto on a daily basis is the spark that lit the fuse.

David Dorn was killed by a common thief.
    George Floyd was murdered by the state.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,453 ✭✭✭AllForIt

The big elephant in the room issue with all this is the massive amount of violent crime perpetrated by blacks and black gangs in the US. It exists now in London too and it will come to Ireland in time also if we don't cop on.

• Advertisement

AllForIt wrote: »
    The big elephant in the room issue with all this is the massive amount of violent crime perpetrated by blacks and black gangs in the US. It exists now in London too and it will come to Ireland in time also if we don't cop on.

Is it an elephant in the room or is it mentioned every thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,385 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

I would have a gun if I lived in the US. Likelyhood in Ireland if you have a burglar in your house they won't kill you. There is a whole other level of danger you face in the US.

I probably wouldn't shoot anyone and holding a gun just means the other person has great reason to shoot you on sight. I expect a criminal whose taking those risks voluntarily is more willing to kill than I am so I doubt if have a gun. Except for fun.

In all the "debate" they go on with about guns, the pro gun side never say the main reason trhty like guns which is; guns are great craic. Recreational gun use is great craic. Killing a burglar is minus craic.

It's fascinating to see some Americans fanticise about shooting an intruder.

Edgware wrote: »
    If a burglar doesnt want to get shot doing a burglary he knows what to do.

Yeah sure. And that's edgy n'all. But it doesn't change the situation. Fact is that burglary happens everywhere. In America it results in death more often than other places. That's a real shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,990 ✭✭✭circadian

AllForIt wrote: »

Ah sure ****it. May as well head out and start robbing petrol stations, colour of my skin makes it inevitable that I'll be partial to a bit of Clockwork Orange on some poor foreign student working for minimum wage.

Cupatae wrote: »
    Can we set up a white lives matter ? Or are white people not allowed do that ?

If alot of these black looters go to jail will it be classed as a racist against them

It's crazy how the snowflakes in this world get such a buzz out of anything against blacks but everyone else can go f themselves like they have a monopoly on racism.

Do you worry that your life, as a white person, doesn't matter? Set it up if you like. Expect opposition but if you believe in your cause you'll persist. BLM gets loads of sh1t and they persisted over the years to gain traction so you could do the same. Shur, you're not a snowflake who'd be put off by a bit of opposition, are you?

I really don't think black people getting convicted has been a big problem in the US. Between racial profiling and the incidents of shooting and killing unarmed black pe, I think they've got that covered.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,990 ✭✭✭circadian

Aye they're showing some amount of restraint.

Christ.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭ShatterAlan

ShareShare wrote: »
    Awh very sad. Whilst i agree with the protests and narrative. The spill over violence is disgusting and abusive.
    OP, you seem to really have a thing against the narrative and protestors, instead of having a problem with the violent looters and abuse.

Why do you merge the two things into one and hate them both? Why dont you hate the violence and looting etc, whilst simultaneously supporting the protesting of state enforced racism?

It's a technique to discredit legitimate protest. If you can have agents provocateur start looting and torching businesses then that is a godsend to the government who can then paint all with the same brush. It was done during the Occupy protests.

It's a widely used technique to stifle debate and discredit legitimate questions or protests.

circadian wrote: »
    Aye they're showing some amount of restraint.

Christ.

If that's them holding back I would hate to see when they don't.

They are arresting and attacking journalists ffs.

It's a technique to discredit legitimate protest. If you can have agents provocateur start looting and torching businesses then that is a godsend to the government who can then paint all with the same brush. It was done during the Occupy protests.

It's a widely used technique to stifle debate and discredit legitimate questions or protests.

Absolutely. If you look on Fox News right now, it's all about riots and looting and nothing about the actual protests or the reasons for the protests.

It's a simple strategy, but it's effective.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

And if you go the other side it's all peace and love and zero about the looting

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement