Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking on street instead of driveway

Options
  • 03-06-2020 8:02am

Please close thread.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭Wildly Boaring

Learn to live and let live.

Learn to live and let live.

Thanks for that.

Not much can be done...... If they park on footpath and are impeding pedestrians a garda might do something but it's not exactly neighbourly.

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Alias G

Blocking buggies and wheelchair access down the footpath isn't neighbourly either.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭bocaman

Try this for size. I don't have a car and one of my neighbours thinks its ok to park their car in front of my house. No consideration, no knock on my door to enquire if its ok. Not really very neighbourly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

bocaman wrote: »
    Try this for size. I don't have a car and one of my neighbours thinks its ok to park their car in front of my house. No consideration, no knock on my door to enquire if its ok. Not really very neighbourly.
    If it blocks your driveway, report it. Otherwise there's nothing you can do about it. Also, if you don't have a car, what's your beef?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,989 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

People always labor on the misunderstanding that they own the land outside their property.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,320 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

ELM327 wrote: »
    People always labor on the misunderstanding that they own the land outside their property.

Indeed, although if blocking a driveway then they need the occupier’s permission if it’s a public road.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,989 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Marcusm wrote: »
    Indeed, although if blocking a driveway then they need the occupier’s permission if it’s a public road.
    Yes this is the only requirement, you may not obstruct ingress/egress.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

bocaman wrote: »
    Not being neighbourly is not against the law. Its a public road and as long as you are not blocked the neighbour is acting legally

• Advertisement
Advertisement