Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Siro repairs

Options
  • 03-06-2020 9:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

We have access to siro for few years now. We live in mid- terrace house.Before installation all houses signed consent form for the siro to be installed.Unfortunately for us, the under soffit fibre optic splitter box  or similar device has been installed on our neighbour's house who is 70 years old lady with no interest in siro. That box can give connection to her and our house.Recently she was refusing access to her property for the vodafone engineer to fix the connection to our house.I am a professional working fully remotely from home and extremely dependent on good broadband.Is there any legal right for the siro broadband provider (in our case vodafone) to access her property for any necessary repairs to the box & wires as there should have been something in that Siro Facade consent form?or can this splitter box can easily be installed under our soffit, as she insist she will not give access to her property in the future?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Falconire

monmac111 wrote: »
    We have access to siro for few years now. We live in mid- terrace house.Before installation all houses signed consent form for the siro to be installed.Unfortunately for us, the under soffit fibre optic splitter box  or similar device has been installed on our neighbour's house who is 70 years old lady with no interest in siro. That box can give connection to her and our house.Recently she was refusing access to her property for the vodafone engineer to fix the connection to our house.I am a professional working fully remotely from home and extremely dependent on good broadband.Is there any legal right for the siro broadband provider (in our case vodafone) to access her property for any necessary repairs to the box & wires as there should have been something in that Siro Facade consent form?or can this splitter box can easily be installed under our soffit, as she insist she will not give access to her property in the future?

As far as I know the property owner has to give writen consent. When Siro originally installed the box did the get consent from the propery owner ?

Normal procedure Siro would have contacted all properties that the cabling would be ran along by letter aasking for written consent to install. If this was gotten the I guess Siro have the right to enter the property to fix the fault

You best bet is go speaking to her pleading you case to see if she change her mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

Also .. Vodafone is not to go near that box. Not permitted either.

Only SIRO or their contractors are. (on behalf of Vodafone in your case).

/M

• Registered Users Posts: 2 monmac111

Falconire wrote: »
    As far as I know the property owner has to give writen consent. When Siro originally installed the box did the get consent from the propery owner ?

Normal procedure Siro would have contacted all properties that the cabling would be ran along by letter aasking for written consent to install. If this was gotten the I guess Siro have the right to enter the property to fix the fault

You best bet is go speaking to her pleading you case to see if she change her mind.

Yes each house owner had to sign a form to agree to install all wires and equipment on the front of each house, there is one box every two houses

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Falconire

monmac111 wrote: »
    Yes each house owner had to sign a form to agree to install all wires and equipment on the front of each house, there is one box every two houses

The siro have an signed agreement in place to access the property

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Falconire wrote: »
    The siro have an signed agreement in place to access the property

They won't go to war with an OAP. Optics are too bad if she calls Joe.

This is the same as Virgin, skimp on poles/ducts makes it cheap to install but one objector takes out service for 10-20 dwellings.

We were blocked from NTL/UPC for years in the last place over one stubborn effer who wanted a pay day.

• Advertisement
Advertisement